Author Topic: Clonehead's resin parts for sale list  (Read 216225 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Clonehead's resin parts for sale list
« Reply #255 on: May 06, 2010, 06:44:09 PM »
I know that there are a couple of you that have some orders from me out there and I assure you that I am working on em but am not ready to post pics yet. Sometimes, I get a bit swamped with orders and the last two weeks have been like that.
Here are some shots of a couple of orders that I am working on finishing up tonight.

first up is the largest order for gunship parts yet with 3 pairs of replacement gunship missiles and one aft gun barrel, all painted to the requested colors.

The next few shots are of an order I am working on for LE Sprywalker. Shot two is for all of the paid for parts except one clear fan piece which is still curing. Shot three is of the free parts I am going to include. "you can see two Rham Kota armor pieces in that shot"

Shot four is a close up of a comic pack Luke pilot helmet cast in clear resin that also made it into the free parts bundle.

From now on I will have to charge double for any requested clear parts as the stuff is kind of finicky to work with and takes 48 times longer to cure than the tan resin. I must also use a mold release agent with the clear resin so that it won't eat up my silicon molds.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #256 on: May 06, 2010, 06:52:13 PM »
 :o  OOOOOOOHHHHHH! My pack is looking as sweet as a honey bun wrapper to an ant! I have to come up with something special for that clear helmet. Hmmmm...

The free parts bundle is very generous my friend, thanks. What is the head with longer hair and mustache on the right side? Or is it a surprise?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 06:55:34 PM by Luke Sprywalker »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #257 on: May 06, 2010, 06:53:51 PM »
Ted, I got your email and have actually started on your order but am trying to wrap up a couple of others currently. Give me a day and I will pm you with a total for your order. I am glad you like the parts.

1st shot is a close up of LE's requested clear parts which include these two backpacks and this flat fan detail part.

I know that Sprywalker's plan is to paint around the backpack buttons while leaving said buttons clear and then light up the backpack with an led light. I happened to have a little battery powered led handy so I took the last three shots with it behind these various clear pieces just to see how much it lit em up. I will have to try to cast and paint up one of those big backpacks and then light it up in this way so that just the buttons light up to see what it looks like.

Oh and koty, Sorry to keep you waiting. I have successfully cast a matchstick helmet and can now offer em for sale. I just forgot to take a pic.  Matchstick helmet counts as 1, air box and the two seperate hoses count as 1

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #258 on: May 06, 2010, 06:58:41 PM »
Oh my, this is going to be good. Thanks so much for the last round of pics. I posted at the same time you put these up. Did you see my question about one of the heads?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #259 on: May 06, 2010, 07:10:23 PM »
I did miss that part of the post, LE. That is none other than the Legacy Clone General Obi Wan head. I am sure you knew that the two capped imperial heads were Saga Veers and Legacy Scanning crewmen, the latter of which you will have plenty of anyways.

trbo613, welcome to the shipyards, by the way!
PM sent

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #260 on: May 06, 2010, 07:31:59 PM »
Ah ok, I could not see the beard. Yea I could tell on the others. I may make them into removable hats and practice sculpting hair on that face. Could try a different hair do on each then let you cast that...

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #261 on: May 06, 2010, 08:02:11 PM »
It's not hard to carve hair shapes into the resin.
Remember, if you make a mold from a casted piece, the resulting casts won't have as much detail.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #262 on: May 06, 2010, 08:31:42 PM »
Awesome work on the clear parts, Clint!  I picked up some "better" stuff from HL last week to try out on my R2/R3 heads and some other parts that should be clear.  We'll see how it works.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #263 on: May 07, 2010, 01:07:36 AM »
Ahhh, the droid heads. Good luck, Doc. I wonder f it's the same stuff that I got.

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #264 on: May 07, 2010, 05:10:56 AM »
I think it is CastinCraft brand.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #265 on: May 07, 2010, 05:26:42 AM »
wow i'd love to see some clear clone trooper helms
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #266 on: May 07, 2010, 07:04:16 AM »
looks like the clear stuff is working!

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #267 on: May 07, 2010, 07:33:39 AM »
I need to remold the R2 head and try this new clear stuff I got - which I believe is the same stuff Clint got.  Neither one of my molds were really functional - one self-destructed during a demold and the other suffered from a mold-maker not paying attention to parts placement at the outset.  ;D

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #268 on: May 07, 2010, 08:19:17 AM »
Oh yea, good point Clint, as far as not making a mold from a cast head. Doc, i knew you would like these. Where is everyone else? Are these clear parts not freakin amazing? So many things you could do with these. Spud you need to try these with your LED skills! Doc, I'll be trying to trade for some good clear R2 or R5 heads! Get on it!

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #269 on: May 07, 2010, 08:46:34 AM »
Yessir!!   ;D  I figured on making a 2-cavity mold of R2 domes.  Guess I'll go on and make a 2-cavity mold with an R4 and an R5, as well.  My concern is in the thinness of the BAD dome walls.  The product I had originally tried set up well when I used a solid-piece mold.  However, when I made a 2-part mold so that the part actually fit the BAD body, the product stayed quite malleable - even now, 6 months later it flexes too much to be usable.  Hopefully this product will not do that to me.