Author Topic: ><DarthSinister>< Presents: A Different Point Of View  (Read 109830 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: ><DarthSinister>< Presents: A Different Point Of View
« Reply #210 on: February 14, 2013, 04:49:48 PM »
Thanks Clint. If you right click on the image and select view image you should get a larger picture for more detail. I simply took a fan made helmet and added a few of my own details to it, but I think it gives it that more finished look. The nose piece becomes an intake filter and the teeth or mouth becomes an exhaust of sorts. I'd like to see this made it's one of my favorite designs. One of these days I'll pull out the clay and try to duplicate it for casting.

I also like the Jango Fett on the previous page. On this one I altered a clone helmet to give it more of a Mando feel. You should try this one too, I'll bet it would be a hit. Here's a big version of just the helmet for reference.

I wasn't going to show this one for a while and it's far from finished. This is more of an Episode 2 helmet for some of the Jedi. It's in the vein of the Templar/Crusader type helmets but it's a fun one and would make a great helmet for figures. I wanted it to have that stormtrooper feel to it without looking like a stormtrooper helmet.

You mean this image here, DS?

I like the jango but am more attracted to that aotc one on the left. Was it you that inspired me to put a visor/rangefinder on a mando bucket or was it Kulan?

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #211 on: February 14, 2013, 05:43:58 PM »
I meant this helmet:

But you can "view" any of them for larger images. I know a few people like to use them as backgrounds so I make them big now.

I think it was Kulan. I'm pretty sure you created that helmet before I posted that group Mando image. I could be wrong though.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #212 on: February 14, 2013, 11:27:22 PM »
love this alternate angle story ,very cool !
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #213 on: February 15, 2013, 12:01:04 AM »
my bad, that one does look a touch more difficult, not impossible but certainly a steep challenge in the 1/18th scale. I may have to look for a cheap unleashed jango fig.
I've got one on display downstairs. I wonder if that head would just pop off?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 12:03:09 AM by Clonehead »

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #214 on: May 29, 2013, 04:07:08 PM »
Hello fellow Yarders.

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm shifting gears today with a new doodle. This one is an idea I've had for a long time for sequels to the OT, and with all of the Episode VII news floating around out there I felt like making it in visual form.

Let me just say I'm happy that Disney acquired LFL and will continue on with Star Wars and it won't just die with Uncle George. The one thing I am skeptical about though is a few choices that were made in the transition. Kathleen Kennedy is one. After I heard her refer to the Star Destroyer that opens ANH as the "mother ship" I began to get a little nervous. Perhaps she is confused as to what film franchise she has just inherited. I just hope that if in fact she finds herself wandering in confusion about our beloved series she has the intelligence to let the knowledgeable people under her take the rains and do what they do best... with no inhibitions.

The other thing that is eating me up is JJ Abrams. This may not be a popular statement but I feel that Abrams has little to no talent. He has an extremely short filmography and in that list there is nothing worth while. Most recently he has decimated the Star Trek series, yeah sure it looks like Star Trek but it's not even remotely close to the beloved TOS from the 60's. I like to compare his ST reboot to 'pop' music for the brainless bubble gum chewing consumers. It has no staying power and I would not doubt that (just like Tim Burton's Planet Of The Apes) years from now someone will come along and re-boot it again to better effect. Not to mention Abrams has the talentless hack Damon Lindelof in tow on nearly every project. This is frightening. I don't want to offend any Abrams fans out there you understand... this is only my studied opinion.

Anyhow. Here is the new home base of the Jedi. (I refrain from calling it a temple because I believe a Temple is a place of worship.) When Luke Skywalker had successfully re-built the Jedi Order to a decent size he and his sister Leia Solo decided the best way to keep from repeating the mistakes of the past was to separate the Jedi from politics.  Luke wanted to base the Jedi away from Coruscant and began to search for a suitable world. Many possibilities were explored from Endor to Yavin 4 but in the end, for Luke, there was one clear choice... Dagobah. A ground base was established and used for many years until Han Solo convinced his friend Lando Calrissian to help him spearhead a proper Jedi facility. Using his crews and structural engineers from Cloud City, Lando had a base built in the clouds for the re-emerging Jedi Order. A gleaming white city of the Jedi in the moist Dagobah atmosphere was constructed. Years later the city's white facade began to grow an indigenous green moss by way of traveling spores through the thick misty atmosphere giving the exterior an organic lushness.

THE JEDI CITY ON DAGOBAH

As usual if anyone would like to 'inbiggen' the image, right click and 'view image'. It makes a fun background.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #215 on: May 30, 2013, 04:03:41 AM »
What an awesome idea. Wow, what I wouldn't give for them to do this for E7! You need to send this to Lucasfilm or JJ somehow. Of course this is going on the front page now.

UPDATE: I had to add this one to our Wallpaper Gallery:

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/Galleries/imperial-shipyards-desktop-wallpapers
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 04:27:22 AM by Tamer »

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #216 on: September 23, 2013, 08:47:02 AM »
Howdy all! Hope everyone is doing well.

Time has been scarce as of late. For 6 months now we've had a new baby in the house, and baby makes three, so the chaos ensues. I wanted to get into that ISY birthday contest but it don't look like it's gonna happen. Oh well, maybe next time.

I've been itching to post something so I looked around and found a few "incompletes" and was able to put them together rather quickly. I don't have time to write a long drawn out synopsis on each so I'll give a little explanation and get back to them later.

These are from the PREQUEL PROJECT, of coarse I'm a long way from done with that.

I mentioned that Mas Amedda/Darth Tyranus had a massive droid army. Here are some of the battle droids that make-up that army, among them are IG-81 and IG-86. Amedda used the developing IG line of battle droids. (This also would explain all of the IG junk placed around in the OT)

Another character that should appear in Episode 1 is Tarkin. I imagine him being a questionable military leader that has been in the Palpatine entourage for some time. Behind him are the re-done Republic Battle droids. I like this design much better, it reminds me of 4-LOM.

Above I showed the beginnings of a battle helmet the Jedi may possibly use in battle. I worked it up to this full Jedi Knight armor, only worn on the battle field. Jedi were know for their gleaming white armor on the battle field. It became a symbol of hope for troubled systems under tyrannical rule. I purposefully did this design with stormtroopers in mind. I thought it would be a powerful realization that this is where the Emperor took the design for his legions from. For Palpatine, it would be a final push to fade the memory of the Jedi from the galaxy by demonizing their symbols.

That's it for now folks. Hope everyone enjoys them.

Oh and don't forget you can 'view image' on these to make them bigger.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #217 on: September 24, 2013, 03:10:02 AM »
Wow, I am glad to see you back. Just great images. I really enjoyed the battle armor for the Jedi Knight. Just awesome.

Off to share.

And is that Bela Lugosi as Tarkin?

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #218 on: September 24, 2013, 07:00:38 AM »
Thanks Tamer, glad to be back. I actually never go away. I'm here quite often, I'll not log in and sit here and feed the baby. I love to look at everyone's creations so I try not to miss much.

The Jedi Knight armor is just yet another attempt of mine to pull the "KNIGHT" back into Jedi. I think it would be cool to see Jedi donning similar white armor and tunics, ah-la Crusades style. Since the Jedi would be a diverse group there would be variations and I can see different helmets to suit the different species. That is something I'd like to explore.

And is that Bela Lugosi as Tarkin?

That is actually a younger Peter Cushing. I believe I found a suitable Image from some HAMMER HORROR movie stills I found.

Speaking of HAMMER HORROR, with Halloween around the corner I've been on a HH kick. I've watched "The Gorgon" (about Medusa's sister), "Scream Of Fear", "The Hounds Of Baskerville", "The Two Faces Of Dr Jekyll" and "The Mummy's Tomb". Those old atmospheric horror movies were the bomb!

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #219 on: September 24, 2013, 07:45:07 AM »
hat is actually a younger Peter Cushing. I believe I found a suitable Image from some HAMMER HORROR movie stills I found.

Speaking of HAMMER HORROR, with Halloween around the corner I've been on a HH kick. I've watched "The Gorgon" (about Medusa's sister), "Scream Of Fear", "The Hounds Of Baskerville", "The Two Faces Of Dr Jekyll" and "The Mummy's Tomb". Those old atmospheric horror movies were the bomb!

I thought of Hammer House of Horror when I saw your images of both Cushing and Christopher Lee.  That collar actually looks like it was from one of his old Dracula movies. 
BTW, love your re-imagination of the Boba Fett helmet.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #220 on: September 24, 2013, 10:18:24 AM »
Thanks Sjefke.

You're right about the HAMMER influence on those. Those films were a big part of my childhood. They were always one of the features on the weekend monster fest!

Offline I-am-Boba-Fett

• Brigadier
    • Riff Valley Design Works
« Reply #221 on: September 24, 2013, 12:26:14 PM »
WOW!!! The direction you have taken Star Wars is where I totally wish it had went! Just stunning!. It's too bad you didn't have a hand in some of the design/concept aspects of the Original Trilogy. Your re-imagining of Star Wars is Awesome!!! Simply EXCELLLENT!!!  0/ DH

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #222 on: September 24, 2013, 02:01:54 PM »
Thanks Boba -Fett.

A lot of the design element comes strait from Ralph McQuarrie. He was the master.

Offline Yr1977

• Cadet
« Reply #223 on: September 25, 2013, 03:14:14 AM »
YESS oh yes, that armoured Jedi looks badass. Fingers crossed I see a custom of this guy in the future!

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #224 on: September 25, 2013, 06:55:37 AM »
Another grand slam DarthSinister once again i am speechless!!  I-am-Boba-Fett  said it the best and tamer brings up a great point .. you need to get this to disney/lucasfilm . i know i would feel even more at ease with your direction and you at the helm ...All the best  Art