Author Topic: ><DarthSinister>< Presents: A Different Point Of View  (Read 109839 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: ><DarthSinister>< Presents: A Different Point Of View
« Reply #195 on: January 06, 2013, 07:05:37 AM »
FTW! I am flabbergasted. So cool. You have got to send one of these images to Temuera Morrison. I think he would contat you over that. I love the new Mando look and am sporting that Temuera shot as my background.

I am hoping perhaps down the road you won't mind if I add some of these to our background images page? Of course this is on the front page.

Offline BlackThorne

• Colonel
  • Jamming!
    • Forja das Estrelas
« Reply #196 on: January 06, 2013, 07:47:29 AM »
Wow, impressive new images. 0/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #197 on: January 06, 2013, 08:53:49 AM »
They make awesome background images too. I just right clicked, set as background and it showed up in its larger size.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #198 on: January 06, 2013, 10:25:46 AM »
Charles, if only you could have wrote these prequals. I love everything, beautiful images as well. What do you know I am becoming a prequal fan thanks to your imagination!

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #199 on: January 06, 2013, 02:33:26 PM »
Thanks for the front page Tamer! Glad you liked these images.

And again, as you said I really do encourage everyone to view them larger I think you'll like what you see.

Tamer you can do whatever you want with them. Use them on this site where ever you want. Send em' to Jules and have him make graphics out of them, use em' for banners if you like them. That really goes for all the images in this thread, and for anyone who wants them.

I hope someone can get a little inspiration out of them for a custom figure or something. That would be cool.

BlackThorne, thanks. Everybody likes Mandos. 

Thanks LE, but I can't take all the credit. I'm just kind of re-arranging what was already there.

By making the Zabrak species Mandalorian it makes them so much more interesting and threatening. As a kid I always wondered what was under Boba's bucket and in my minds eye he was never human. I really don't care for the different species Mando's from EU. I felt Mandalorian meant a race of beings not a ideology. 

I also felt they really underutilized Christopher Lee. His character was sort of bland. Since he's no stranger to the makeup-chair I think he would've been up for this look. I also gave him a high pointed collar to give a nod to his many years of playing Dracula and to keep the retro 'Flash Gordon, Buck Rogers' theme going.
The Darth Plaguies moniker is a show that were sending him strait to the top. He is the Master, the rest are under him... as you will see soon.

Again going back to what I said months ago...     having all of the main characters in one place at one time and thrusting them together in an escape type situation would take little time out of the movie at all. That would leave the rest of the film for love and war. We need Anakin and Padme to fall in love and we really need the Clone Wars to begin in Episode I and not two. It's not easy to tell a long story in the perimeters of what is a usual Star Wars movie. It seems that no time at all passes during the story, the actual lengths of time occur between stories.

Well thanks again all!

Charles

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #200 on: January 06, 2013, 02:59:15 PM »
I'd also like to post this scraped design for Tuco Fett's helmet. I always have some stuff that doesn't make the cut. In this case I love the helmet design but it just doesn't fit into the cannon specs I follow. The helmet is an EU or fan design, I'm not sure which. Whoever came up with it was genius though.  Here it is...

Also for all you Sergio Leone fans out there, the names of the other Fetts... Tuco, Reza and Indio come from villains in his westerns.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #201 on: January 06, 2013, 05:45:56 PM »
I have seen a Mando Costume like that bucket on Facebook, think the guy is one of the Mandalorian Merc. Love the helmet too.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #202 on: February 11, 2013, 11:21:47 PM »
Happy Mardi Gras, Ya’ll. I’ve got a couple of new images here and again we’re still on the villains.

So when last we spoke we met the Mandalorians and their esteemed leader Count Dooku. We found out that Dooku is really the Sith Master, Darth Plaguies. We also found out that Plaguies has a secret apprentice named Darth Maul to whom Plaguies has taught many of his secret techniques to. Maul serves his Master as an elite assassin.

But who is Darth Maul a secret from?

Well, everyone but Darth Plaguies for sure, but most importantly the other Sith under his tutelage. That’s right! More Sith. That’s something I was very disappointed in with the Prequels, not enough Sith. Now I know this was done to establish the only two rule and explain why in the OT there was only the Emperor and Darth Vader but I firmly believe that this could have been done differently.

A quick lesson in the FORCE.

Number 1 you will not hear me say Midichlorians ever. Never.
Number 2 The FORCE is with everyone. Even the tree and the rocks… yes even the tree. (In other words, the FORCE is not as rare a power as it was in the Prequels.) I think that all creatures have the FORCE it’s just in different levels and ways. Some may not even know they have a slight control over the FORCE and just chalk it up to “luck” (Mr. Solo).  Some have a slightly better control (like politicians) who are able to use it in a “charismatic” sort of way… and even to control.  Military leaders who are noted as tactical geniuses on the battlefield.  Jedi and Sith have the most control. Leaps and bounds above all others. The thing about it is, is that if no Jedi or Sith detects that one is strong in the FORCE and teaches the ancient techniques one’s powers go un-honed.  (Just as if there were no Ben Kenobi in ANH, Luke would have remained a moisture farmer on Tatooine.)
Number 3 no explanation is sometimes the best one. In other words, I was perfectly fine not knowing all of the “details” of this ancient power. It was more fun that way.

Count Dooku had a vast military at his disposal on Mandalore, but it was not enough to defeat the Republic and her numerous systems. He began retaking old Mandalorian territory unprotected by the Republic. Millions of systems fell to kneel before him. Following his own masters teachings he was able to seduce some system leaders into the Sith order.
The first was the easily lured ruler of the Chagri system, Mas Amedda. Amedda had ties to a planet called Geonosis which homed a tremendous droid foundry.  For decades Amedda had kept the Geonosians enslaved on their own world creating a droid army for his home planet of Champala. Dooku saw the usefulness in Champala’s grand mechanized military.  He promised Amedda more systems to Lord over in return for his help in the coming war. Mas Amedda agreed and became one of Dooku/Plaguies apprentices Darth Tyranus.

Around the same time, Dooku/Plaguies also recruited a General to lead the Champala droid army. The planet Kalee shared the same system as Mandalore. The two planets in close proximity of one another had always been at war in some form or another for millennia. This everlasting conflict had spawned warrior like cultures on both planets. The Kaleesh were extremely brutal warlords and had produced many worthy opponents in the eyes of Mandalore, but none so worthy as the Kaleesh Warlord General Qymaen jai Sheelal.
Dooku met Sheelal in battle and easily defeated the Kaleesh warrior, but instead of killing him he seduced him with the promise of dark power from the teachings of the Sith. Fevered by the thought of such power and prowess in battle Qymaen jai Sheelal agreed to become Plaguies apprentice and High General transforming to Lord Grevious.

Knowing that the Jedi would eventually enter a Galactic War on behalf of the Republic, Plaguies sought to place a spy within the confides of the Order. The spy would supply him with sensitive information and try to keep any Jedi leads under wraps even if it meant assassination. Eeusu Estornii was that Jedi. She had been swayed by Plaguies and became a slave to her own ambition. She was Darth Uhbris.

Mandalore relied on Cloning to supply warriors for their militaries unlike the Republic who saw the practice as barbaric and used droids instead. At that time Utapau supplied Mandalore with her clones. The relationship between the two worlds was always somewhat shaky so in order to insure the high quality and training of the Clone Warriors Dooku/Plaguies installed a leader more sympathetic to his cause. Tion Medon was motivated by wealth and soon became Governess of Utapau. When called upon by her Master she was known as Darth Strega.

Darth Plaguies’ master plan was to destroy the Republic and the Jedi from inside and outside. His own Master had conceived the plan but Plaguies had killed him and taken his place at the head of the table. He took the plan and made it his own. He placed all of the pieces on the game board but one. He needed an agent inside the Republic hierarchy. He finally found this agent in the form of a Senator from Naboo named Palpatine. Decades went by as Senator Palpatine became a well-known and out-spoken leader in his territory.  When the election for Supreme Chancellor of the Republic came up Palpatine entered the race. He was assured a win by his Master and once in place Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious would enter the war and run the Republic military defense and the Jedi into oblivion.

Secrets Revealed…

The Three Face of Palpatine

Little did the Master, Darth Plaguies know that there was a Phantom Menace that would soon arise. Plaguies’ Master’s plan was a shroud. The plan was conceived by the Master before him and passed down. Once the plan for revenge was revealed the original teacher disappeared. This teacher was an ancient evil, a Sith Lord who had learned to cheat death and extended his life. With the election of Palpatine to the office of Supreme Chancellor, Plaguies had sealed his own fate… for Palpatine was the architect of the game. He was the ancient Sith Master.

Palpatine had watched the Sith attempt to enact revenge on their enemies time and again. Eventually the Sith would destroy themselves from within. The group would split and a power struggle would ensue leading to more singular descent and eventually extinction. Palpatine saw the solution. The only way to continue Sith rule was to have only two… a Master and an apprentice. This would insure balance and control would be held solely by one Master and one only. Sidious was able to seduce the powerful Jedi Mace Windu to the Dark Side and made him his secret apprentice.

Palpatine/Darth Sidious knew that Darth Plaguies and his elite Sith Lords would soon begin to destroy one another and that the last thing he was expecting was the Republic Forces to fight back. Plaguies assumed Sidious would spread the Republic droid army thin with Jedi Generals leading the troops. He also knew that the battle droids the Republic used were ancient in their own right and would never withstand the Mandalorian Clones or Champala’s IG series battle droids. In order to seize power the Republic’s army would have to be rebuilt, but first Palpatine would tear it down.

After the droid army was all but decimated Palpatine would have to implement a galaxy wide draft for soldiers. He knew the citizens of the great Republic would reject this order so he had a secret Clone Army for the Republic lying in wait. The citizens would have no choice but to accept the clones or send their own people into battle. With the Republic armed with highly trained, living, breathing troops, Mandalore would be blind-sided and a great Clone War would befall.

More secrets to come…

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #203 on: February 12, 2013, 03:47:42 AM »
Wow, these are fantastic. I like ole Mace. Off to the front page.

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
« Reply #204 on: February 12, 2013, 06:01:38 AM »
These show some seriously badass Photoshop skills. Magnificent!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #205 on: February 12, 2013, 06:05:24 AM »
Very cool, you have some great ideas and I really enjoy these updates!

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #206 on: February 12, 2013, 08:48:11 PM »
Once again this is some outstanding work and an awesome update I am in awe  !!! Maybe when its time for the special editions of ep 1-3 to come around LUCASFILM/DISNEY will use your ideas for ep 1 lol  again excellent work  all the best ......art

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #207 on: February 12, 2013, 10:08:50 PM »
Thanks everyone. Glad you all liked them.

Thanks for the front page Tamer. I changed that Mace around a bit from the last image. Just a little re-design.

Kualan, I'm trying to sharpen the PS skills. I have an old copy of Photoshop 7 and I sat down and  just learned it. I did a few tutorials I found online and have been messing with it for years.

Spry, thanks man. I'd love to see you put your expert customizing hand to one of these one day.

Art, I'm glad you enjoy this reworking. There's nothing I'd like to do more than erase what was the PT and do it over... lol.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #208 on: February 13, 2013, 07:03:07 PM »
Thanks everyone. Glad you all liked them.

Thanks for the front page Tamer. I changed that Mace around a bit from the last image. Just a little re-design.

Kualan, I'm trying to sharpen the PS skills. I have an old copy of Photoshop 7 and I sat down and  just learned it. I did a few tutorials I found online and have been messing with it for years.

Spry, thanks man. I'd love to see you put your expert customizing hand to one of these one day.

Art, I'm glad you enjoy this reworking. There's nothing I'd like to do more than erase what was the PT and do it over... lol.
those are some cool images. Hey, I missed that mando bucket from before. that could be doable, I can see it in my head right now. paper or acetate overlays carefully cut could make it happen. It would be easier with a larger scale like 6" black line or unleashed.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #209 on: February 14, 2013, 12:10:45 PM »
Thanks Clint. If you right click on the image and select view image you should get a larger picture for more detail. I simply took a fan made helmet and added a few of my own details to it, but I think it gives it that more finished look. The nose piece becomes an intake filter and the teeth or mouth becomes an exhaust of sorts. I'd like to see this made it's one of my favorite designs. One of these days I'll pull out the clay and try to duplicate it for casting.

I also like the Jango Fett on the previous page. On this one I altered a clone helmet to give it more of a Mando feel. You should try this one too, I'll bet it would be a hit. Here's a big version of just the helmet for reference.

I wasn't going to show this one for a while and it's far from finished. This is more of an Episode 2 helmet for some of the Jedi. It's in the vein of the Templar/Crusader type helmets but it's a fun one and would make a great helmet for figures. I wanted it to have that stormtrooper feel to it without looking like a stormtrooper helmet.