Author Topic: ><DarthSinister>< Presents: A Different Point Of View  (Read 109813 times)

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: ><DarthSinister>< Presents: A Different Point Of View
« Reply #135 on: June 12, 2011, 07:14:52 PM »
What a great homage! I love this one as it is a big part of my youth and what I still like today. This is just perfect! Thanks so much for doing these Charles. I would love to see these covers done on KRI's cards.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #136 on: June 14, 2011, 08:26:27 PM »
Nice!!!

Gunsmoke a a big part of my childhood also!!!

Love seeing those guy's in the Star Wars universe!!!

Great work as always!!!

I always thought  the Star Wars story would have worked as a western!!!

Keep up the great work!!!

Rich

Thanks Rich.

The Gunsmoke homage was a fun one. I'd been wanting to do a few TV show advertisements so this is my first.

I'd like to see more western in Star Wars myself. Cad Bane was a step int he right direction. Now we see this new gunslinger smuggler in the KOTOR trailer as of late. Seems it's going in that direction.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #137 on: June 14, 2011, 08:27:45 PM »
What a great homage! I love this one as it is a big part of my youth and what I still like today. This is just perfect! Thanks so much for doing these Charles. I would love to see these covers done on KRI's cards.

Thanks Spry!

It would be an honor if the covers turned up on KRI cards!

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #138 on: June 26, 2011, 06:09:57 AM »
Terrific piece of work!  

Never really watched any episodes of Gunsmoke growing up, but certainly wasn't unaware of it either.  

A great piece to showcase this series, to be sure!

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #139 on: July 01, 2011, 04:06:53 PM »
Terrific piece of work! 

Never really watched any episodes of Gunsmoke growing up, but certainly wasn't unaware of it either. 

A great piece to showcase this series, to be sure!

I love me some "GunSmoke"!

Thanks Merc!

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #140 on: July 01, 2011, 04:56:52 PM »
Howdy All.

Got my much overdue MARVEL #9 cover up.

Before I go into the brief synapses on this issue I'd like to point something out that some of you may or may not have noticed. I would think if you are a MARVEL Star Wars fan you might have noticed these little things about the series.

Going back to the last issue where Jaxxon and the StarHoppers are introduced, "EIGHT AGAINST THE WORLD", Jaxxon and Hedji are some of the first "earth-animal" aliens introduced into the Star Wars Universe. They were the precursor to Ewoks and Gamoreans as we know them. Also Amaiza was the first bikini wearing dancing girl in the SWU, before Leia wore it Jabba's court there was Amaiza.

In issue #9 Han, Chewie and the StarHoppers fight together against the Cloud Riders. Again this issue paves the way with the appearance of swoop or speeder bikes before we saw them in ROTJ. Perhaps this is where GL got the idea.? Also this issue is vaguely similar to Episode 17 of The Clone Wars: "BOUNTY HUNTERS".  I've noticed as I watch TCW that several of their shows seem to have been taken strait from the pages of MARVEL comics. I'll point em' out as we go.

MARVEL COMICS #9 "THE CLOUD RIDERS" continues from issue 8 a rough adaptation of the "MAGNIFICENT SEVEN". In this issue we are introduced to the swoop gang that Solo and the StarHoppers have been hired to take out. The Cloud Riders are led by a shiftless individual by the name of Serji-X. In the "MAGNIFICENT SEVEN" his name was Calvera, portrayed by the INCOMPARABLE Eli Wallach... I used Eli as the face of Sergi-X for posterity! 

This is where the fight begins. Sergi-X and his gang have been terrorizing the small village for a while, robbing and pillaging.  Little do they know that the town is now under the protection of Han and the StarHoppers. As a sub-story a village elder has snuck away in fear that the StarHoppers won't defeat the bandits and that possibly if they do they may take over the village too. His intentions are to enter the sacred caves near by and awaken a fabled Behemoth to protect the villagers. We'll see what happens there in the next issue... perhaps someone should have told grandpa this might not be such a good idea...

So what have I been up to?

I've finished up several projects  ;D  0/  DH !!!!!!

I've also been getting my office/work table in order!

Look out custom figures thread! It won't be long now!

Just a couple of images of my cave.

Offline darknsour

• Captain
« Reply #141 on: July 02, 2011, 05:05:44 AM »
WOW!!!

Love the shots of your cave!!! It's great to see where the magic happens!!!!

Love the Eli Wallach cover!!! It fits so well!!!! Love the back stories!!! You should write book or screen plays!!!!

Great work please keep it up!!!!

Rich

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #142 on: July 02, 2011, 08:12:32 AM »
Wow, great cover. I like that bad guy from the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. On the front page.

I too love seeing where folks create. That John Wayne Background is awesome! I loved seeing the nicer ROTJ pieces too. Top notch. Wish my man cave looked that clutter free!

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #143 on: July 02, 2011, 07:51:49 PM »
WOW!!!

Love the shots of your cave!!! It's great to see where the magic happens!!!!

Love the Eli Wallach cover!!! It fits so well!!!! Love the back stories!!! You should write book or screen plays!!!!

Great work please keep it up!!!!

Rich

Hi Rich, thanks man and I will keep on keepin' on!

I'm happy with my workroom set up. I've been able to finish some projects that were keeping me from actual custom work. Now I get to create! I'm very happy about this!

Glad to see another Eli Wallach fan! That guy steals the show in every movie he's been in. He was great in "The Magnificent Seven", his first movie "Baby Doll" was an interesting one too... Carl Malden is in that one as well. Not an action flick just a crazy slow southern character study. His performance in "The Deep" was wicked but "The Good The Bad and The Ugly" was the one! Even though Clint Eastwood head lined that movie and it's one of his best known roles that was Eli Wallach's movie... he owned it!!!!

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #144 on: July 02, 2011, 08:08:19 PM »
Wow, great cover. I like that bad guy from the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. On the front page.

I too love seeing where folks create. That John Wayne Background is awesome! I loved seeing the nicer ROTJ pieces too. Top notch. Wish my man cave looked that clutter free!

Thanks Tamer! 

That bad guy is Eli Wallach! He is hands down one of my most favorite actors. The man is 95 years old and he is still acting. He is incredible! You probably wouldn't recognize him today. Most recently he was honored at the Academy Awards this year and given a life time achievement award. I watched just for him. He came out on stage slowly with his cane in hand. I just love the guy!

My office is neat because I'm OCD.  ;D Or at least that's what my wife says.

That Jabba and "Creature pack" is the Sideshow one, so is the Darth Maul on my desk. My lovely wife got those for me for my birthday one year. She's great!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #145 on: July 03, 2011, 08:33:22 AM »
My wife is gonna have to take some notes!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #146 on: July 05, 2011, 09:31:03 AM »
Just catching up here Charles and I love what I am seeing. The new cover looks great, really love the lay out and colors used. It is so cool seeing your work area and those molds sitting on the table. Man you are stocked up on casting supplies huh?

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #147 on: July 05, 2011, 09:52:21 AM »
Just catching up here Charles and I love what I am seeing. The new cover looks great, really love the lay out and colors used. It is so cool seeing your work area and those molds sitting on the table. Man you are stocked up on casting supplies huh?

Thanks L.E.

You know me, still trying to breath new life into the MARVEL EU.    ::)

Those molds are stuff I was working on before the break. I have a really nice chair there I was doing for Mynock09 over at RS. I'm beginning to gear up and start working again.

You likey the supply cabinet?    >:D

I've got 2 different kinds of molding rubbers in there, about 3 or 4 different kinds of liquid plastics and behind those measuring cups is a bottle of Hydro-Shrink!  ;D I learned of this stuff from the GlassMan. You can shrink anything down to a smaller size without loosing detail.  :o It makes me spaz-out a little! Haven't tried it yet but when I do I might try a 12" figure head and shrink it down to 3-3/4" scale.  :o Spazes a little more!

It's a good thing you don't live next door, our wives would never see us again.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #148 on: September 13, 2012, 09:39:12 PM »
Howdy All!!!

Excuse my absence, I've been very busy this past year. I'm always around here though, reading the news and checking out everyone's outstanding work.

I want to say congratulations to my friend Luke Sprywalker for helping boost awareness of  the customizing community at C6! Awesome job L.E.! I was very excited for you! Also for Dayton and Silof as well!

Jullian's graphics are getting better and better! The new X-Wing novel graphics are mind-blowing. I can't wait for the full debut.

Barry's Hoth battle "room" is nothing short of insane. I'm waiting for him to take the Battle of Endor into his back yard.

I myself have had a little time on my hands lately, so I've been working on a few things. One of those things is a new vision of the Prequel Trilogy. All of the old timers here know what I'm talking about. When you watched Star Wars in the theater for the first time back in 77' and that mystical music played as old Ben Kenobi told young Luke about his father and the Jedi Knights. For the first time we heard mention of the Clone Wars and as we see Luke ignite a lightsaber with wide eyes and listen intently as Ben educates him on the elegance of the weapon from a more civilized time our young minds briefly glimpsed into the golden era of the Jedi.

Well the Prequels came and went and to my already preconceived notion of what had happened in that time period... they kind of fell short. I guess when you have nearly 30 years to concoct your own vision of the Clone Wars it's hard to accept anything else. Even from the "horses mouth" so to speak. 

Using some of those "preconceived notions" and mixing in some of the ideas of the "real" PT and other things that have spawned from them I've come up with some visuals that some of you may enjoy.  I title this set "If George Lucas Would Have Asked Me First".  ;D

The first one here is Jedi Commander (not a General yet) OBI-Wan Kenobi. Here he is seen on Naboo in his Jedi formal Jedi dress uniform after meeting with Queen Amidala about the ever growing threat of invasion by neighboring Mandalore.

At the same time that OBI-Wan is on Naboo an annual event is being held there. The Boonta Eve race through the Naboo system is about to take place. Many high profile racers are in attendance and some up-in-comers as well. Among the up-in-comers is team Skywalker from Tatooine. The team had been winning many smaller races and now felt they were ready for a bigger challenge. The prize money would bring much needed upgrades propelling them into the professional circuit.

Team Skywalker consists of Kit Skywalker, the older brother of the group and his R7 model droid. Anakin Skywalker his younger brother and his R2 model droid. Both of the boys race as a team with Kit being the strongest racer of the two. Anakin, however, is quickly moving up in rank and threatening to surpass his older sibling.  The two are sometimes more competitive with each other during a race than with their actual opponents. Their step brother Owen Lars is aged between the two of them. He is the head mechanic and keeps their N-1 Racers in tip-top shape. He also acts as the grounding rod of the group, keep Kit and Anakin as leveled out as possible.

KIT SKYWALKER

ANAKIN SKYWALKER AND R2

ANAKIN IN HIS N-1

OWEN LARS

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #149 on: September 14, 2012, 05:44:47 AM »
DS, you have nailed it righ on the head!!!!

The 30's / Flash Gordon inspried imagery is exactly how I would have imagined it too. It's the right way to go... A great post and some wonderful images. Kenobe looks amazing.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 12:41:10 PM by hangarbay94 »