Author Topic: ><DarthSinister>< Presents: A Different Point Of View  (Read 109838 times)

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
Re: ><DarthSinister>< Presents: A Different Point Of View
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2011, 10:57:01 PM »
Howdy all!

Got a couple of new ones for ya. I haven't had a lot of time to work on these but slowly and surely I got em' done. Hope every one is doing well! I need to look around the boards and see what's new, judging from the front page I've missed a little.  :-\

Not long ago I watched "THE EXPENDABLES". It was a decent action flick, definitely a tribute to the old 80's movies that I enjoyed as a youngster. I thought it would be fun to mix the old with the semi-new and slap a little Star Wars in there and see what happens.

Ever wonder where the term "Rebel Scum" came from? Well, the Imperials were using that nasty analogy long before Luke Skywalker blew up the Death Star. In this story we find out the who, what ,when and where of the origin of the " term" came from when we follow a unruly band of bruisers on a mission to take out one of the Empire's biggest prison camps... from the inside! Action is an understatement in this story!!!

On the cover we've got the most heroic scum in the galaxy! Sly Stallone (Expendables, Rambo, Rocky) Carl Weathers (Force 10 From Navarone, Rocky, Predator) Robert Shaw (Battle Of The Bulge, Force 10 From Navarone, Jaws) Arnold Schwarzenegger (The Terminator, Predator, Total Recall) Charles Bronson (The Magnificent Seven, The Dirty Dozen, The Great Escape) Steve McQueen (The Magnificent Seven, The Great Escape, Bullit) and James Coburn (The Magnificent Seven, The Great Escape, A Fistful of Dynamite). If you're an ACTION fan and haven't seen some of the above mentioned movies get to it!

THE UNDEFEATED

This month the great James Garner turned 83. In honor of his birthday and the wonderful films he's made I give you the next cover!

Garner, much like Steve McQueen, was a car enthusiast. He was fascinated with racing and  one of the leading stunt drivers in Hollywood. He did almost all of his own stunt driving.

Racing was in Rock Latigo's blood from youth. He built a career on it in the days of the old Republic becoming well know on the circuit. But when his reckless ways drag him down to an all time low and he's banned from legal racing, his only hope is to win one of the most dangerous races in the Outer-Rim... the KESSEL RUN! With the help of his friend and trusted mechanic, Hawk, his luck just may change.

By the way, the crusty mechanic Hawk is none other than the late Keenan Wynn. One of my favorite character actors from film and television. His name, Hawk, is a tribute to his long running DISNEY character Alonzo Hawk from such movies as "The Absent Minded Professor", "Son Of Flubber" and "Herbie Rides Again".

DEATH RACE

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2011, 01:11:52 AM »
wow, cool as always!!! I just love your clever ideas :)

Offline darknsour

• Captain
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2011, 04:51:01 AM »
WOW!!!

How cool are these!!!

I wish these were real posters I would hang them on my walls!!!

Hell I wish these  were real movies!!!

Keep up the great work!!!

Rich

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2011, 05:26:54 AM »
Freaking sweet Sinister. On the front page.

What a great tribute to all of those actors. You like the same movies as me!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2011, 05:44:16 AM »
Good grief this is awesome! Charles you have blown my socks off with this post!...looks down, yep, no socks. I love the ideas you put together to form the Undefeated! Just killer man! The the Deeath Race, so cool, I really want to see these made into movies or at least comics!

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2011, 02:56:02 PM »
Saw these new ones and had to drop a line...

Awesome work yet again!  The Expendables cover looks terrific, and that's a great tribute to Garner.

Looking forward to your next update!

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2011, 05:34:38 PM »
Sweet mother of pearl. You have some awesome stuff!

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2011, 07:09:05 PM »
Before I respond to everyone, let me just say what a great group of individuals you are! This website is the best! From the very first time I posted here I've been treated warmly and I just can't get over the fact that the front page is inundated with the most talented artists/fans in the whole Star Wars community!

It's a pleasure to be able to hang out with you guys! And girls (wookielover)!

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2011, 07:16:56 PM »
Art deWhill

wow, cool as always!!! I just love your clever ideas

I'm humbled. Thank you very much Art. I try really hard to keep these ideas as fresh as I can and coming from an artist of your caliber it means a lot!

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2011, 07:31:02 PM »
darknsour

WOW!!!

How cool are these!!!

I wish these were real posters I would hang them on my walls!!!

Hell I wish these  were real movies!!!

Keep up the great work!!!

Rich

Thank you muchly Rich!

In reality these covers are HUGE! I work on a large scale. When I post them, of coarse they are reduced down. HangarBay has said he actually prints them out and hangs them around his hobby room. I think that's awesome! Feel free to take what you want.

You said you wished these were real movies. In a sense they are. I take every idea from classic movies. I watch these movies all the time, they are priceless jewels. I hate to sound like a commercial but turn your tele to TCM and give them a chance. You'd be surprised. You just don't see the same caliber of actors these days and in most cases the secondary character actors in these films are bar none! They make the movies an incredible work of art and Keenan Wynn is just one good example.   

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2011, 07:37:23 PM »
Tamer

Freaking sweet Sinister. On the front page.

What a great tribute to all of those actors. You like the same movies as me!

Thank you Tamer! You're an awesome guy!

I'm glad to see you're familiar with these classic films and it's nice to know we have that same appreciation in common. I just want to say that films are not all you guys will be seeing. I have a DEEP appreciation for classic TV as well, so keep your eyes peeled for a little homage to them as well.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2011, 07:45:54 PM »
Good grief this is awesome! Charles you have blown my socks off with this post!...looks down, yep, no socks. I love the ideas you put together to form the Undefeated! Just killer man! The the Deeath Race, so cool, I really want to see these made into movies or at least comics!

;D  Thanks L.E.

Would it not be totally cool to see Sly and Arnie in a film with those old timers! I WISH! You know what's funny is that George Lucas has been buying up the rights to some of these old Hollywood actors..... makes you wonder.  ;)

As for making them into comic books.....     I've been looking into that. Let's see what happens when I slow down. Not promising anything, but it's a real consideration to me.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2011, 07:52:39 PM »
Saw these new ones and had to drop a line...

Awesome work yet again!  The Expendables cover looks terrific, and that's a great tribute to Garner.

Looking forward to your next update!

Thanks Merc! Man I had the hardest time with that Expendables cover. It almost didn't happen. Before I settled on their commander being Robert Shaw I had Jack Palance in there. He just didn't look right with those fellas so I went with the obvious. James Garner is great isn't he. I'm afraid he may not be with us much longer though, he's really beginning to look frail.

We're on the verge of the last real men in cinema I'm afraid.  :-[

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2011, 08:35:05 PM »
Sweet mother of pearl. You have some awesome stuff!

Thank you Mungo, I do appreciate it. I try to keep it as entertaining as possible. It makes me happy to know that all of this stuff in my head has an outlet and that someone else enjoys it as well.