Kenner / Hasbro Collecting > Modern Vintage Line

Updates on latest Reveals

(1/1)

Tamer:
Update on the latest reveals from Hasbro:

Following the Star Wars fanstream on Wednesday, we wanted to clarify the availability of the revealed items. We’ve heard your earlier feedback on the number of pre-orders, and we have decided to adjust the number of them in the new year. With the exception of the Star Wars: The Black Series Phase II Clone Commander Jesse, all of the items revealed on February 1 will not be going on pre-order. The products will be available on shelf and online during the scheduled dates.

STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES SCOUT TROOPER PREMIUM ELECTRONIC HELMET - Available: Summer 2023

STAR WARS: RETRO COLLECTION THE MANDALORIAN PROTOTYPE - Available: Spring 2023

STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION PHASE II CLONE TROOPER MULTIPACK -  Summer 2023

STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES DARTH VADER (REVENGE OF THE JEDI) - Available: Star Wars Celebration

STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES KI-ADI MUNDI  - Spring 2024

STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION DARTH VADER (DEATH STAR II)-  Summer 2023

STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION HAN SOLO- Summer 2023

STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION WEEQUAY- Summer 2023

STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION CLONE CAPTAIN HOWZER- Summer 2023

STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION PHASE II CLONE TROOPER- Summer 2023

STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION ADMIRAL PIETT - Summer 2023

STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION STARKILLER - Spring 2023

STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES REBEL TROOPER (ENDOR) - Summer 2023)

STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES PHASE II CLONE COMMANDER JESSE - Available for pre-order March 16 @ 10AM ET as part of Walmart’s Collector Con and on-shelf this Summer.

JDeck:
It was a decent live stream, of course as always the pipelines steal the show. The Vader obi-wan 2 pack will be awesome, same with the N1 starfighter. It makes sense to use the new Vader sculpt as much as possible. I'm not even mad about that. A lot of clones, which I don't buy, but that's just me. I don't want to go down the rabbit hole of Clone army building. I would end up in severe debt. This is the 3rd army builder I've skipped.  The scout helmet I'll get that.

In regards to the no preorder. My tin foil hat theory is, the retailers, namely Wal-Mart, is pressuring Hasbro to increase their brick and mortar sales. Nobody preorders from Walmart, like nobody. And toy hunting is dead. So the only one to gain anything from it is Walmart. On release day people will just show up at Walmart to see if the new wave came in. Most likely some Walmarts will get them before the release day, giving them the advantage. Not having preorders doesn't benefit us at all like they claim. The problem with preorders was the time between ordering and releasing and not having preorders for the whole wave at once. Right now I have preorders with maybe 3 different waves and the rest of the waves haven't gone up yet. That's the problem. Just release 1 wave at a time, the whole wave.
I think it's just a one-off thing they're doing to help Wal-Mart. Because they only get one or two waves a year and they sit there all year. Like the Lando wave. Anyone who wanted one preorderd it, and few people need more than one.  That's my take on it.

Tamer:
Yeah my take was brick and mortar stores were loosing out on sales as the etailers picked up a lot of the slack as they know how to ship products.

So, they are gonna cut back on that in the hopes those larger brick and mortar stores make bigger initial purchases from them.

Still, if they don't release the wave properly or have figures that back up future waves (like Lando) then its a moot point as those B figures clog up the pegs and keep those brick and mortar stores from putting out new figures. Then, those waves go to wherever they go which is never on the pegs or shelves where I live.

I would also assume its a response to their laying off of employees and reduced sales too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version