Kenner / Hasbro Collecting > Modern Vintage Line

TVC NEWS DISCUSSION - Fathers's Day EVENT 06/09/2021 on YouTube

<< < (9/9)

JDeck:
I got an email from haspulse and they said my card was already charged, so I guess they don't charge on ship date like everyone else.  So I just have to call ee, maybe they did the same.

Yeah boa is a bunch of crooks too. I had an account with them when I was young and living paycheck to paycheck, and they kept putting holds on my paychecks and charging me overdrafts. Ever since switching to union I've had not one single fee or problem. I got swindled into getting a loan with boa, and I'm just going to pay it off asap, and never go there again. I should have gotten my loan through hfcu my last loan with them was 1%, but they're process sucks I had to provide 10 years of tax returns as proof of income, because im self employed.

Tamer:
EE does a pretty good job of showing you the current status of your orders too. I have found their customer service to be better than Hasbro.

Darth More:
So TWO YEARS have already past since this Father's Day event. Meanwhile the Mythrol and Kuill are on clearance everywhere, which feels like a shame to me because they're brilliant figures.
And looking back at the moc-ups and pictures of Hasbro's paint masters' prototypes, I think I'll have to redo the Mythrol figure.
When you read my comment from June 12, 2021, you might relate to my excitement. The texture of the Mythrol's skin looks so vivid on their slides, that I considered the Mythrol the most accurate figure for The Mandalorian TV show. But when the figure eventually hit shelves, some details were different:

- the skin turned out to be painted in a metallic turquoise instead of aquatic blue
- his lips were hardly painted while the final product has lips in mat flesh tone
- the golden paint apps appear dull, not shiny
- the pink/flesh tone was more opaque, almost like chalk on the paint master
- the tool lost some detail during the production process
- also the handcuffs didn't have the injection point on top of the middle, yet

So I guess this will be my next custom figure. I'll try to fix the skin with a blue wash.

Don't get me wrong, please. I think the Mythrol still looks great, but not as fantastic as it looked (to me) on the promo shots. I was debunked.

And to Hasbro's defense I think Bo Katan's head turned out much better on the final product than the moc up for the event:

Tamer:
Yep, its a lot like getting the vac vetal treatment on 3PO, they just can't seem to get it right.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version