Kenner / Hasbro Collecting > Modern Vintage Line

TVC NEWS DISCUSSION - Fathers's Day EVENT 06/09/2021 on YouTube

(1/9) > >>

Darth More:
At the end of the 2017 I started a similar topic in a different thread (Legacy and Vintage Line).

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=10358.0

There we threw in our ideas for possible releases of The Vintage Collection. Here I'd like to bring new life to this thread. After the lack of new stuff presented at SDCC 2019 this topic couldn't be more actual. (I learned that Hasbro were not allowed to announce much new stuff at SDCC.)

So here's why Hasbro could make good money with products of a decade ago:

And here's another proof that there is still HIGH DEMAND for Comic Packs today! People are actually whilling to pay this money:

So what are your observations and suggestions for repacks/re-releases for our beloved The Vintage Collection? Let us know in the comments down below!

- Philipp

Tamer:
Good topic gonna have to take this to the front page.

Frankly I would love to see one vintage three or four pack ever year. Ideally I would like to see one with each vintage basic figure wave, but know that might get to be a bit much.

Right now, with the 40th anniversary of TESB getting ready I would love to see them put some of their modern releases on vintage cardbacks ( I mean AT-AT Driver for sure!). Couldn't you see an Echo Base 4 pack in a vintage box in both a Rebel and Imperial Version. Folks sure wouldn't mind a huge Bounty Hunter Pack in a vintage box too. Remember the good ole days when Hasbro literally would box up 7 or more figures and create something awesome (like the Death Star Briefing Set). So many ideas.

We could also use some vintage boxed vehicles (I believe it was you who wanted to see a vintage boxed AT-ST). Wouldn't it be cool to see a new version of mini-rigs too in vintage boxes. I could easily see them releasing the bigger AT-AT again in the TESB vintage deco box (easily one of my favorite things I have in my own collection). I would also love to see a new Rebel Troop Transport unveiled for TESB, but now I am really dreaming big. Daggone that would be cool though.

You are making me think of good questions I should have asked Hasbro last week, but think they had to put a gag on most of the newer stuff as far as info. I know folks also want to see the Hoth Turrets again. I still enjoy perusing my Target Exclusive Hoth Turret Set I got years ago.

Frankly, if Hasbro were smart they would put everything in a vintage box or theme, especially any new line they were unsure about selling or introducing. We would buy it just for the box or card (well some of us would).

Darth More:
Tamer: Wow, thank you so much for your instand, long and detailed reply!! I'll read through everything, again, and add to this comment:

Darth More:
So after the review of VC151 Luke Skywalker (Yavin Ceremony) by Bossk'sBounty we can now decode most of the codenames on this list:

Source: YakFace/UsualMikeTelevision (YouTube)
URL: https://www.youtube.com/user/darla83 (subscribe)  ;)

I actually like the design of the Knight of Ren. Also the Power Ranger kind of character and the white Rey are quite nice designs. I will use all three figures for three of my own characters from The Knights of the Old Republic / Expanded Universe. I wonder if I can make this Rey to an Atris custom...

But what do you think about the rest? I'm very excited for this Jawa and wonder which one Hasbro picked. Another repack? Let's hope they designed a nice card.

And what about this "E6 Pricess Leia (Ceremony)? I rather think it's TBS Leia (Yavin Ceremony) with updated face print...but a Leia from the Ewok Ceremony on Endor would be much more awesome!

Your thoughts?

- Philipp

(SID):
My 2cents.... Release the last ones needed (from the OG Kenner) and KILL IT. move on to other areas of 3 3/4 release. No packages... Unless exclusive. Figures from pulse can be ordered in replica Kenner baggies (huge cost cutter) and the brick and mortar releases are clear bubbles only: Detailed like SW environments, Sticker with SW logo (only) and character name. Every figure has a paper tray with BIO (one paragraph) and black and white photo/checklist of "years" figures, reverse side: Anything from character photo or suitable background (AOTC/SAGA/OTC style).

Key here is this... The bubbles like I said are environments (like doorways, tables, creates, etc 5000) the scanable icon (next to product barcode) takes you to a Hasbro site or app that gives you step by step dummy proof instructions on how to cut/alter and paint the bubbles into an actual diorama piece.

Thanks for nothing Hasbro. I pray you steal my suggestion and actually Do Something forward thinking and economical.  ::) 0// bbfet lvva

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version