Kenner / Hasbro Collecting > Modern Vintage Line

Haslab: What Else Would You Like To See?

(1/5) > >>

Dag Marus:
I was thinking about this, in light of the success of the Sail Barge.  What other items would you like to see produced from this...line, I guess you'd call it? 

Personally, there are some I can't imagine plunking down big bucks for.  Tantive IV, a Star Destroyer or a full on Death Star could never be to a scale I'd want to display with everything else.  But modular diorama settings from either of them, I could totally see.  A SD Bridge, or DS Trash Compactor, Detention Block, or even half a hangar bay?  Oh yeah, I could be into that.

Maybe some of the ships that are sorely in need of an update, like the Y-Wing or...literally any of the ST ships.  Personally, one I'd love to see them tackle (that I know they never will) is Kyle Katarn's Moldy Crow from Dark Forces 1 and 2, maybe with an updated Kyle and Jan.  Take my money now!

What about you guys?

Tamer:
To scale ships would be something that would get my money. Can you imagine a true to scale AT-AT or AT-M6? Wow!

I like your idea about modular playsets; something that would ultimately combine to say form an outline of the death star or something along those lines.

I would also love to see them do something like this for some of the Ground or Space Battles. Can you imagine them previewing a Battle of Hoth Diorama and then selling a piece or a few pieces of it a year (perhaps the Rebel Side one year and then an Empire counterpart that would connect to the Rebel Trench the following year). You could get a new piece every once in awhile and just keep building it.

Along the same lines I would love to see the Hoth Ion Cannon in a better scale too.

I would love to see them do perhaps a few action figure lines (on vintage cardbacks of course) for figures that were never made from the OT Films. There are a ton they could still do.

I am just kind of thinking out loud this morning. It reminds me I have plans to make a big wooden shelf to hold my barge. I so need to get into my collection and get to enjoying displaying it again.

The Spectre:
HasLab could also be a way to get canceled figures/vehicles/etc. out to the collectors.

There are many figures that made it pretty far along but were never released (second Utai for example).

The Geonosian Sonic Cannon that got costed out of the old Geonosis Arena Playset would be another item HasLab could offer, especially since the mold exists.

How about that recently revealed Hoth set (Probot, Probot shell, console, chair, Rebel Troopers)?

Tamer:

--- Quote from: The Spectre on June 28, 2018, 07:34:10 PM ---How about that recently revealed Hoth set (Probot, Probot shell, console, chair, Rebel Troopers)?

--- End quote ---

Now that is a daggone good idea Dan!

Dag Marus:
Wait.  That was gonna be a thing?!

I'm working on a few new things on my displays too.  I picked up a few of Hole In the Ground's sets and will be doing a bit of Death Star and Cantina building soon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version