Author Topic: HOMEWORLD - RETURN TO HIIGARA - Pt 5  (Read 4008 times)

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
HOMEWORLD - RETURN TO HIIGARA - Pt 5
« on: September 16, 2013, 11:32:55 AM »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: HOMEWORLD - RETURN TO HIIGARA - Pt 5
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 12:59:18 PM »
I am seriously crushing on the human interface on the data core. Jules she is just gorgeous. All that aside, I think you have done another phenomenal job. I sure would have liked to have seen a claw or a bright flash or something to show me what the new enemy might be, but that fuzzy screen has sure aroused my curiosity as to what happen to the Khar-Salim. Will the Mothership be jumping into a trap (probably) and can she defend herself (I can't wait to see Karan link to the weapon's systems)?

Just a great plot and characters and imagery all wrapped up into what is probably the best graphic fiction I have read or watched (and I have watched a few). I know I am biased, but outside of X-Wing Alliance you have just got to be pleased with this. I cannot wait to see more. Thats the only thing I hate about seeing new chapters. Now I have to wait to see what happens!

I guess thats the idea though. You sure have me hooked! EL

Time to go share.

Offline Yr1977

• Cadet
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 12:27:29 AM »
Very inspiring stuff, well done. Pacing was fantastic, just wish you gave us a taste of what took out the support vessel at the start :P  Keep up the good work friend.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 01:01:58 AM »
Jules that was just superb ! i can see it now  ,film rights ,merchandising and a book ! ,love it mate its a really engaging story.
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 02:28:27 AM »
Thanks guys for your comments. It was a tough choice not to show anything of the Khar-Salim'a attackers, but my decision was down to keeping the reader guessing... Less is more. I hope it was the right choice.

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2013, 03:11:59 AM »
A stunning addition to the series, Hangarbay. The visuals as ever are top-notch; depth of field, character expressions, when you choose to go from far shots to close-ups, everything is bang-on perfect. But it was Karan who easily takes the trophy for most awe-inspiring visual this issue. And I think you were right to opt for the 'less is more' approach at the beginning - far better to tease the audience and build up anticipation for when our main characters encounter this threat for themselves!

Great work as always, can't wait for the next issue.

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2013, 07:01:16 AM »
OH MY GOD!! That chapter was probably the best chapter of any photonovel I've ever read! You need to quit watching Dr. Who and leaving us with such suspense!! OMG ok the one ship has been attacked, the Mothership is jumping into hyperspace toward the edge of the system, and NOW we have to wait for the next chapter! Crap, I'll be checking in once a week till you put out the next chapter - you're such a tease Jules!

This picture is absolutely beautiful! There is so much going on with this picture from 3 deminsional graphic art to 2 deminsional schematics type drawings coupled with the ever so sexy human/hyperdrive core hybrid to the Mothership jumping into hyperspace through what looks to be a door! Now that's something I don't think I've ever seen in sci-fi before! I was really impressed that the hyperspace jump wasn't your typical Star Wars or Star Trek looking jump. A door - now that's interesting!

Awesome work Jules!!

Jason

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2013, 01:51:07 AM »
Dear Jason,

I was wondering where you had got to and was excited to see a comment posted by you. I'm really pleased that you've enjoyed the last two chapters and your referral to Dr Who is quite a compliment. I would always be frustrated when each episode ended on a cliffhanger, but would always look forward to the next exciting episode.

In terms of man-hours this last chapter took about 32 hours to create, thankfully the more I do the more resources I can use. There's a lot of image and layer re cycling so there are plenty of shortcuts employed.

Things are indeed hotting up for the Kushan (people of Kharak) and I'm going to enjoy posting the next cliffhanger...

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2013, 05:02:34 AM »
Dear Jason,

I was wondering where you had got to and was excited to see a comment posted by you. I'm really pleased that you've enjoyed the last two chapters and your referral to Dr Who is quite a compliment. I would always be frustrated when each episode ended on a cliffhanger, but would always look forward to the next exciting episode.

In terms of man-hours this last chapter took about 32 hours to create, thankfully the more I do the more resources I can use. There's a lot of image and layer re cycling so there are plenty of shortcuts employed.

Things are indeed hotting up for the Kushan (people of Kharak) and I'm going to enjoy posting the next cliffhanger...

I've been popping in on the site from time to time checking out the GI Joe Retaliation reviews. For the life of me, I can't remember the guys name that does them - he has the handlebar mustache. Anyway, with collecting Joe toys now, I've mostly been hitting up Joe fan sites, but I'm still trying to keep up with yours and Justin's photonovels. Hey I am dead serious about you putting together a portfolio of your work and submitting it to some of the animation companies. Your work is on the same level as the Call of Duty games my boys play, or the Matrix Final Flight of the Osiris mini-movie. I haven't checkd out your site dedicated to Homeworld, but if its anything like what you did on your other 2 photonovels then I know I'll be blown away.

Not sure if you've read it, Vader's Quest has one last chapter - probably in December - and then I'm done with it. I'm through with SW collecting, and like a kid in 1982-83 I've moved on to GI Joe collected. My Joe collection won't be anywhere near as big as my SW collection was, but I am planning a photonovel for GI Joe late this year (after Vader's Quest finale) or early next year. I would love to do the Vader's Quest finale in your style of graphic pictures, but I don't foresee having the man hours between now and December for a task that big.

Can't wait for chapter 6 of Homeworld! You've got us on the edge of our seats. I'm really anxious to see if their forefathers are waiting for them somewhere, and how the reunion will turn out. Not to predict any plots, but they could all feel like abandoned children once or if they find their forefathers.

Jason

Offline nickeltcd

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2013, 08:32:37 AM »
Stunning, just a buffet for the eyes and mind!
Color, clarity a visual symphony.
I love your work, it just keeps me hanging on... waiting and hoping.
What the true nature of comics is about, one hell of a story that keeps you wanting more and more.

THANK YOU,

By the Knights of Mandalore, our Quest will ring true

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2013, 04:37:07 PM »
OH My what an awesome chapter! So much going on all at one time. Love the human/cyborg brain core! That is such a beautiful panel that Jason quoted, I was totally blown away with your artistry. My god man, why aren't you doing this for a living!?! You blow our minds with each update but this is something really special. The writing and panel quality on each page is just off the charts! You hook me in deeper with each update and like last time  can't wit to see more.