Author Topic: My Hoth WIP Updated w/Video Link Pg. 5  (Read 45705 times)

Spookymufu

Re: My Hoth WIP Updated w/Video Link Pg. 5
« Reply #360 on: September 24, 2012, 07:52:27 AM »
okay, enough with the Hoth pics, I'm getting sick of looking at it, how about scrapping it and starting that Dagobah project in it's place?

LOL, J/K, I love this thing and the pics keep getting better and better!!

But seriously, how about that Dagobah project in the other bedroom? ;)

Offline r1bb1t

• Custom Fanatic
  • Captain
« Reply #361 on: September 24, 2012, 08:16:38 AM »
Wow! I'm awestruck at everyone's kind words! Thanks so very much, everyone!

Fantastic. I do like this dio. I can't help but talk about it on CAFN every chance I get.

I really liked that Vader and Imperial Snowjumptrooper idea too.
Time to get this back on the front page. Love those exclusives shots. Thanks Barry.

Shawn, you are always too kind to me. Thanks so very much!

Man again and again you show these little snippets that just make my day and always look amazing.  The reason I love this dio and teh ongoing work you do to it is that you have a great eye not for just detailing but also where to add something to the dio without taking away from another scene of the dio.

Being a military diorama builder from long long time ago  ;D and even now doing SW and Indy dios it's very hard to find someone that has the knack to place items be it a figure/s, equipment, vehicles or even buildings and maintain that visualization of if you are looking at the one scene that is all you see and nothing else.

Alot of dioramist either add to much or to little to a dio and that can really spoil the hard work that has gone into the dio. You on tehother hand have a rare talent and skill for making a dio perfect well done indeed mate and hope to see more.

Ron

Ron, I'm so flattered by your kind words. Your work was what originally caused me to even join a forum, because I HAD to reply to such wonderful work. Thank you again!

This is AMAZING! ;D

Thanks so much, Mando Assassin!

this is the ultimate playroom!

Thank a lot, Tankster!

i love this thread,wish i had the room.......did have a smaller scale hoth scene until it had to be dismantled earlier :(
will be rebuilt when i get the chance,keep up the good work

Thanks a bunch, benjani_1976!

This is so amazing! Thanks for sharing the pics. Mind blowing super coolness! More pics please! :)

Thank you so much! More pix coming!

This is going to become the sole motivation for kids everywhere to move out of their mother's house just so they can have a room to set something, like this, up.
  It's not going to be long before one of those reality shows about collecting start knocking on your door..or George Lucas himself with a cease and desist notice.

My wife catches me looking at pics of this dio and just mutters "Don't even think about it."

My hat is off for you, Barry..This diorooma is the gravy on any Star Wars fan's mashed potatoes.

Thanks so very much, Michael! I really appreciate the kind words form you, Shawn and Chad during the podcast!

okay, enough with the Hoth pics, I'm getting sick of looking at it, how about scrapping it and starting that Dagobah project in it's place?

LOL, J/K, I love this thing and the pics keep getting better and better!!

But seriously, how about that Dagobah project in the other bedroom? ;)

Lol, unlikely! Thanks Scott!

New pix..... I'm waiting to get the right lights for my Echo Base mountain entrance, so in the meantime, you knew it was just a matter of time before....

MOSTLY ISY EXCLUSIVES:

Although I removed the head and neck for this effect, no walkers were seriously harmed during this photoshoot.
As always, thanks so much for everything!

Barry

MY HOTH DIO VIDEO WIP
feature=share

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
« Reply #362 on: September 24, 2012, 08:32:19 AM »
Love this DIO! :D
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline r1bb1t

• Custom Fanatic
  • Captain
« Reply #363 on: September 24, 2012, 10:09:48 AM »
Love this DIO! :D

Couple more ISY exclusives...

I adjusted the smoke pouring from the neckhole, to better show that the head and neck are gone, and to show the mild lighting.

Side view...

One fishing line is supporting the tilted walker, and one supports the smoke.

MY HOTH DIO VIDEO WIP
feature=share

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
« Reply #364 on: September 24, 2012, 11:56:43 AM »
EPIC! I love this dio! ;D
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

Offline MsComicStar86

• Lieutenant
    • Facebook
« Reply #365 on: September 24, 2012, 02:00:25 PM »
Good to see you're on here Zipidi!. Sadly I am not on your FB anymore. Still continuing your phenomenal Dio!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #366 on: September 24, 2012, 02:36:15 PM »
Amazing Barry, simply amazing!

Offline Wookie-Balls

• Commodore
« Reply #367 on: September 24, 2012, 03:23:03 PM »
Hi Barry!

Finally had time to do your thread the justice it deserves and caught up on the last ten pages…
All I can say is this mate, you have done what only a few other customizers have achieved (and I certainly do not count myself as one of these guys.) You have transcended modelling and created a work of art.

Honestly mate – this piece fills me with joy every time I look at a fresh batch of photos! I can’t wait to see what is added next – this project is so organic!

Very best wishes,
Ray

Offline XTS_Operative

• Ensign
« Reply #368 on: September 26, 2012, 11:03:40 AM »
I believe every Star Wars fan, who has loved the kenner toys, and still loves all of the 3 3/4 scale figures and vehicles, has probably dreamed of making a permanent diorama like this in their home (myself included). And most specifically the battle of Hoth. I mean who doesn't love the Imperial Walkers? I have always told myself, maybe one day when I strike it rich, I'll have a whole warehouse dedicated to this kind of stuff. This is beyond cool. Good for you man. ;D

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #369 on: September 27, 2012, 12:48:21 AM »
r1bb1tt wrote
Ron, I'm so flattered by your kind words. Your work was what originally caused me to even join a forum, because I HAD to reply to such wonderful work. Thank you again!

Barry I'm just glad that my work made you join the forum becuase your work is just to exceptional to keep to yourself. I love the latest lot of pics the, the way the smoke is billowing out of the neck section is awesome keep the amazing work and pics coming buddy.

Ron

Offline r1bb1t

• Custom Fanatic
  • Captain
« Reply #370 on: September 27, 2012, 09:05:50 AM »
EPIC! I love this dio! ;D

Good to see you're on here Zipidi!. Sadly I am not on your FB anymore. Still continuing your phenomenal Dio!

Thanks a lot MsComicStar86!

Amazing Barry, simply amazing!

Thanks a bunch L.E.!

Hi Barry!

Finally had time to do your thread the justice it deserves and caught up on the last ten pages…
All I can say is this mate, you have done what only a few other customizers have achieved (and I certainly do not count myself as one of these guys.) You have transcended modelling and created a work of art.

Honestly mate – this piece fills me with joy every time I look at a fresh batch of photos! I can’t wait to see what is added next – this project is so organic!

Very best wishes,
Ray

Thank you so very much, Ray! I certainly enjoy your gorgeous work, and I appreciate that you like mine as well. Thanks again for all of your kind words.

I believe every Star Wars fan, who has loved the kenner toys, and still loves all of the 3 3/4 scale figures and vehicles, has probably dreamed of making a permanent diorama like this in their home (myself included). And most specifically the battle of Hoth. I mean who doesn't love the Imperial Walkers? I have always told myself, maybe one day when I strike it rich, I'll have a whole warehouse dedicated to this kind of stuff. This is beyond cool. Good for you man. ;D

Thanks a lot, XTS_Operative! I, myself, wish I had a full size basement for dio building, but I agree... A warehouse would be awesome! Thanks again!

r1bb1tt wrote

Barry I'm just glad that my work made you join the forum becuase your work is just to exceptional to keep to yourself. I love the latest lot of pics the, the way the smoke is billowing out of the neck section is awesome keep the amazing work and pics coming buddy.

Ron

You're always so kind to me. Thanks so much, Ron!

TAKE 2 ON THE TOW CABLE SCENE...

As always, thanks for everything!

Barry

MY HOTH DIO VIDEO WIP
feature=share

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
« Reply #371 on: September 28, 2012, 07:28:06 PM »
The cable looks like the movies! I love it!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #372 on: September 28, 2012, 10:31:53 PM »
As I always say it's the little things that make a dio and you can see it right there with the cable pics. Perfect execution buddy and as Mando Assasin it looks like the movies.

You have given the cable the right amount of tension and slack where it is needed and you have even gone so far as to give the cable a bend as the speeder is turning. Also the thickness of the cable is perfect.

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT.

Ron
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 04:40:00 AM by hemble »

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #373 on: September 29, 2012, 04:22:13 AM »
no....good.......have....run....out ...words........................."thump".............
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #374 on: September 29, 2012, 05:18:47 AM »
Barry, sorry it is taking me a little longer to get this on the fp than I would like. My home internet and computer went out this week so I got a double whammy. Work internet use got interesting this week too.

Anyhow back on the fp and thanks doing exclusives images for us. I really like this feature.