Author Topic: New project......stormy outfit  (Read 5802 times)

Offline benjani_1976

• Colonel
  • Banksy = star wars LEGEND
Re: New project......stormy outfit
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2013, 10:07:18 AM »
Securing the shoulder straps to the front.........same process for the back panel.

For this I'm using white silicon adhesive,there's no stress on the joint.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 10:09:40 AM by benjani_1976 »

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2013, 11:49:41 AM »
Looks like things are going well. Good for you.

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2013, 04:17:39 AM »
Got this update on the front page.

Offline benjani_1976

• Colonel
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2013, 05:40:20 AM »
Thanks top man,started lining the bucket today.........satin black all inside,sticking in the padding next.

I've taken apart a plain clone trooper lid for the electronics,has a static burst and voice mic,speaker etc.
Stuck in a nose bridge for comfort too.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 05:44:31 AM by benjani_1976 »

Spookymufu

« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2013, 07:44:22 AM »
Its looking great, hope you make us a youtube video of the helmet when you get it all done

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2013, 06:43:24 AM »
Thanks top man,started lining the bucket today.........satin black all inside,sticking in the padding next.

I've taken apart a plain clone trooper lid for the electronics,has a static burst and voice mic,speaker etc.
Stuck in a nose bridge for comfort too.

What a great idea, so you just took the Hasbro toy and cut out the stuff you needed? Man, I would love to do this for my helmet and outfit too. Great idea! I have a professional grade amplifier, but need all the other stuff to do this properly. Your fix would work great I would think. I want to see more pics of how you run that down your arm. I wonder if I could so something like this in a reworked comm chip for my left glove?

Also, are you gonna install any fans in your helmet? I need to get to that project too.

Time to get this back on the front page.

Offline benjani_1976

• Colonel
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2013, 01:21:19 PM »
Fans in the helmet? I'm guessing that's for air circulation to stop lenses fogging and keep your head cool?

With the sound card and other bits I'm going to go through a selection of speakers to try and get the voice closer,I doubt many jango clones were still around to see the first Death Star go POP! If they were they would be creaky old farts in retirement  ;D

I've got some old laptop fans that are 2" diameter mounted in square holders,they would be easy to mount........time to get my circuit tester out,been in a box of spares for years.

In fact I've just remembered my old laptop that took a nosedive last year.........I'm going to see what I can salvage from that,speakers,fans etc.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 02:54:38 PM by benjani_1976 »

Offline benjani_1976

• Colonel
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2013, 02:34:34 PM »
Well I've managed to bypass the push switch on the circuitboard.........tricky but I soldered at 2 points either side,then added a length of twin core telecom wore to reach from the bucket down to the glove.

I may in fact mount the battery pack and circuit board inside the back panel and extend the speaker and mic wires up to the bucket so I've got more room for cooling fans and the hose for the air feed.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 02:44:33 PM by benjani_1976 »

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2013, 01:49:14 AM »
Dude, awesome! Please take a ton of pictures. I would love to talk with you about this build on CAFN sometime?

Offline benjani_1976

• Colonel
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2013, 11:48:09 AM »
Still waiting on several items, adhesive for the joints,magnets to clamp the joints. And yes,I'm still waiting on helmet decals........the ab buttons came through from the US in a few days,as did many other bits yet not the decals.

Ab buttons I seen on eBay were silly money,painted up in grey and blue they were £25!!! I got aluminium ones with locknuts for £5......painted myself,job done.
Also noticed the thermal detonator dial was wrong,currently there's a few being sold with raised dial centres,it should be sunk below the lip.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 11:51:48 AM by benjani_1976 »

Offline benjani_1976

• Colonel
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2013, 11:59:16 AM »
And the ab buttons.

Offline benjani_1976

• Colonel
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2013, 12:05:13 PM »
Also having a rethink on the helmet mic system..........thinking of mounting it all in the OII back panel and running the mic wire up through to the neck gaiter to a headset I got in Ye Olde socom navy seals ps2 game,or the Clancy rainbow 6........comfy,easily concealed and less interference with the speakers.

Also just bought a complete Doopydoo's E-11 kit......and in the bottom left of the screenshot is a holster,all it needs is 2 new snap fasteners I've already got coming in the post. Only £9.50 including p&p
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 12:10:56 PM by benjani_1976 »

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2013, 04:56:29 AM »
Those Ab Buttons look great and a much cheaper fix. Nix job on the detonator too. Back on the front page.

Offline benjani_1976

• Colonel
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2013, 05:28:59 AM »
Thanks top man,much more secure too with the lock nuts,no fear of them popping off like the stick on buttons.
Still no decals,I did get the new trim for the bucket opening......looks neater.

I should pick up speed when the rest arrives,canvas and Velcro for the belt,holster,blaster,magnets,adhesives,oh the list goes on but it still a cheap accurate TK

Offline benjani_1976

• Colonel
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2013, 01:09:37 PM »
Won't be posting much progress for a few weeks. Moving house so everything is on hold........did manage to butt join a shin and thigh sections,might need to do it again with e6000. Poly cement and CA not very good.

Back in a bit when all settled in,at least I get my own imperial man cave for all my kit. At last he says.