Author Topic: Kicking a couple of ideas around.  (Read 1241 times)

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
Kicking a couple of ideas around.
« on: July 31, 2011, 09:57:02 PM »
So this is two ideas related to my webcomic Scale wars.  Some new sets I am working out in my mind.

First is the park.  My basic idea is two park sets I have aquired from Teck Deck (those finger skateboard type sets).  While I have got some good ideas for the grounds, grass, ect.  I am drawing a blank on what to put in the background.  Some ideas I have had is a sort of cityscape (For a slight urban feel), woods (for a more central park feel).  Sky (my one hang up here is it makes little sence), or maybe a simple brickish wall (which would be odd but not unheard of either).  Just really uncertain of WHAT to make as the background. 

Next up is a swimming pool idea I have had.  it's been on my back burner for far too long.  Again those tech deck sets gives me the perfect pool, but now what.  I have two thoughts here, A build up around the pool with "dirt" (meaning like the way model trains do it with paper ect) with a staircase leading to the pool from the lower level.  The second option is to simply clue the decks and stuf level with the top of the pool, holding them up some how, and not worrying about the leveling. 

So some input on those two ideas (or just one) would be appreciated, thanks. 

Updates Mon-Fri every week, also reviews and much much more.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Kicking a couple of ideas around.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 03:53:56 AM »
Zed, I can instantly visualise a set up from your description. For the park I would love to see a thin wooded background with a city scape beyond it. The city scape would be really easy with basic geometric shapes painted black with windows lit and unlit all over. Combining the 2 ideas would really provide depth and realism. If only one option is doable I would go with the wooded look as that is the norm around parks.

On the pool I would build a deck out of craft sticks with a railing of some type around it or on one side depending on how you plan to photograph it. I have some pool accessaries you may be interested in when you get closer so just let me know and we can skype or I'll take a few pics for you.

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 09:21:06 AM »
Oh thanks, that combo background idea works for me, I was really struggling but thinking about it like that I can ssee working.

I would be interested in the pool stuffs, Let me get moved around (just got all my sets here, now just my WIP's have to go) and I can get cracking on that (also my net is still not up at new house anyway.

But thanks for the input and ideas. 

Updates Mon-Fri every week, also reviews and much much more.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 01:10:47 PM »
I like a city background for your park for sure, and I like L.E.'s idea about popsicle sticks as a deck around the pool.

Offline Mandalore the skepsis

• A simple man
  • Colonel
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 03:20:21 PM »
I like the park and city background. 
Using all the figs you have, you could do a dio of central park and have some marvel characters in it.