Author Topic: Imperial Shipyards "These are the droids that we're looking for" Contest  (Read 26804 times)

Offline clonemedic96

• Captain
  • "Hey Sev, This one looks like your mother."-Scorch
K, here are my WIP pics, still gotta paint, and glue some stuff on there, and he'll be done! Im gonna wait till i post finished product to add backstory to this guy:

Offline clonemedic96

• Captain
*hint hint* the kel dor sniper in the background is gonna tie-in with his backstory

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Nice WIP pics CM96! Cool looking droid and the Kel Dor is looking awesome as well.

Clint you are right, this contest rocks! So many great entries, I think these broad catagories are the way to go. No matter what era or aspect of Star Wars you like most you can come up with an idea for a custom that suits you and your style. I love the diversity of everyones entries.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
I agree, LE, I am loving how so many are getting into this contest and yes, the diversity of the work that we have seen so far makes it that much more fun to watch.

I'm liking your wip shots, Clonemedic96. I see you are brewing up a backstory to thrill us with, also.

time to get someone's wip shot on the front page, I think.

Offline JTrooper

• Master Toy Maker
  • Colonel
  • Mater Toy Maker
Here is my guy

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
Here is my guy

terminator clone?  .... awesome.  I know I mentioned that a terminator clone built to look like a clone, but be a droid, to infiltrate the republic for the Seps would be a perfect blending of the terminator concept....

got a backstory?

Offline clonemedic96

• Captain
Ok here it is, Finished Prodect(maybe, i might end up doing a little more editing)! I decided to trash the idea to tie him in with the kel dor sniper
Backstory- Made from scraps itself this droid was made to help Jekarta Tar in his engineering shop. With his arm he can melt down metals. He is also capable of defending the shop from intruders when his master is away...

Offline clonemedic96

• Captain
Group Photo!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Very nice, Clonemedic! I would turn the other way if I seen that one defending the shop.

Offline clonemedic96

• Captain
thanks clonehead, i just added an arm turret and another layer of paint to make him look a little better!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Imperial Shipyards "These are the droids that we're looking for" Contest
« Reply #100 on: March 14, 2010, 05:27:32 PM »
Cool droid and great story to go along with him.

Offline UnitedStatesDemocrat

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #101 on: March 15, 2010, 03:44:42 PM »
Well guys heres my completed entry. I really like the concept of this Air Battle Droid.

I love the weathering and battle damage on this fig!
Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic of the United States of America
Outer Rim Territories, Mandalore Sector, Mandalore System, Mandalore

Offline Joerhyno

• Commander
« Reply #102 on: March 15, 2010, 04:09:47 PM »
got mine all parted together... hmmm.. to post or not to post the WIP pic...

Offline RunDown

• Colonel
« Reply #103 on: March 15, 2010, 07:06:07 PM »
Hey everyone.  Customs dept here - aka ric.sea.jedi on the evil bay, aka Sean.  Here is my custom droid.  The backstory goes something like this:   
     The droid was once an imperial probe droid, kept in the same area as torture droids, medical droids ...you name it.  I call him, simply - IX.
 What began as an accidental activation, resulted in this droid becoming 'self-aware' to coin a phrase.  At the moment, it developed an IG-type 'thought' pattern, viewing all organic life forms as those to be exterminated, as soon as possible, without provoking life-form response in the form of offensive attack. 
In other words, the droid would transfer victims to a more private environment, before torturing, maiming, and killing the life form obtained, hence avoiding any witnesses which may alert other organics.
      This led to an EV-9D9 'mentality' (you know what I am talking about if you have read "Tales From Jabba's Palace) . . . .IX devloped a certain . . . .zest for torture.  It liked the way the soundwaves from screams 'felt' to its scanners, which would pulse with yellow light to the 'rhythm' of the screams.  Look closely, and you will see a vast array of tools, weapons, even a syringe with a nice long needle, for whatever situation may arise.   After all, some victims may need 'calmed' until it is time for them to reeeeeallllly scream.   Hope you like it . . . otherwise, well, you will know soon enough >:D

Offline RunDown

• Colonel
« Reply #104 on: March 15, 2010, 07:06:58 PM »
Couple more pics