Author Topic: Imperial Shipyards "These are the droids that we're looking for" Contest  (Read 26744 times)

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
OK, just got chance to check this thread out and there are some great entries in already. Also I love seeing the WIP pics of what everyone is developing.  Pat I really like that Lumia body for a female droid.I just started on my entry yesterday and have decided to finish the droid then show my pics. My entry is going to be kind of odd or atleast very different than anything I have done before. I think WIP pics will spoil the final result in this case. So I hope to be back by next week with the my entry.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Thanks, L.E.!  I put on some more touches today, painting the robotic a beautiful gold, and adding accents to the helmet.  I painted the lower tunic and upper shoulder sash as well.  The next go around, I have to paint the robotics on the legs, and then work on the upper tunic pieces to get them how I like them.  Then again, I may not: I think it's looking pretty nice without them.  I'd have to add in some features to the neck area, but I have ideas for those as well.

Offline Squirepec7

• Clone Creator Extreme
  • Banned
  • Commodore
  • "All right clankers, SUCK LASER!"Clone Trooper Jek
    • JediMaster432
I gave my battle droid more of a shoulder width like the concept art shows, and also gave him a tan base coat. I can't wait till he's done. He's gonna look great.
"Army or not, you must realize you are DOOMED!"

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Well I got 2 hours of free time yesterday and finished up my entry. It is a Steampunk Super Battle Droid. I know it is rather odd and if you have any questions just ask.

Offline TheCloneCommander

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
oh man that Looks awesome L.E!! great paint work mate, very impressive!! 10/10

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
YEAH! I knew someone was going to use that Iron man Mark I figure for a steampunk custom!  I almost got one myself...

(that is what you used is it not?)

very cool.  I like the helmet adition as well.  very nice looking figure.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Holy crap!  I may as well toss out my entry now...  Excellent work L.E.!

Offline Squirepec7

• Clone Creator Extreme
  • Banned
  • Commodore
  • "All right clankers, SUCK LASER!"Clone Trooper Jek
    • JediMaster432
Well guys heres my completed entry. I really like the concept of this Air Battle Droid.

"Army or not, you must realize you are DOOMED!"

Offline clonemedic96

• Captain
  • "Hey Sev, This one looks like your mother."-Scorch
Just started working on my entry, gonna put WIP's up soon, just need to borrow some white spray paint from my friend, add some details and then ill be done!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
Well I got 2 hours of free time yesterday and finished up my entry. It is a Steampunk Super Battle Droid. I know it is rather odd and if you have any questions just ask..

LS I saw the base figure you used at wal-mart today, I was correct in that it was an Iron man figure, but It wasn't the one I thought it was.  The original figure doesn't have ANY of those added gears and greeblies.  I'd realy like to know what you used for those and you realy should have shown us some WIP shots or before and after shots to show just how much you added....

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
wow great entries guys

Squirepec your Air Battle Droid is fantastic. I like the weathering
and
LS your Steampunk SBD is top-notch

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Squirepec great job on the Air Battle Droid.

Thanks guys and Spudafett you are correct about my figure being Iron Man. I wish I could have found that M1 suit though. It is even more the part but here is the base figure.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Squirepec, your Air Battle Droid is awesome looking!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
These latest entries look great. I love all the greeblies that you add to your items L.E.  Dan, that air battle droid is a great concept too. If hasbro had continued to make great items like these I would still be in the one of each game. Great contest guys. Makes me wish I could customize!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Squirepec, that air battle droid turned out great! I love the balance of colors that you used.

LE, your steam punk droid turned out almost like I had imagined but I still was pleasantly surprised to see it.

Great job to everyone so far. This contest is rocken, folks.