Author Topic: GI Joe Rise of Cobra collection  (Read 9680 times)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
Re: GI Joe Rise of Cobra collection
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2009, 10:28:27 AM »
I just picked up the Rise Of Cobra Agent Helix yesterday... I had to sneak it into the cart as Dawn told me the day before "NO MORE TOYS, for a while"... needless to say when she did find it at home she claimed it as hers! lol

I think this figure is my favorite of the entire line, second probably only to the reactive armor scarlett.  The sculpting is amazing, the detail in her outfit and the accessories are awesome (minus the BFG).  The only problem I have with her is that her hair needs to be more blonde and not so white.  Other than that I honestly don't know how to customize the figure to make it better. 

I think I may fit her into my star wars verse as a bounty hunter/ merc or something....

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2009, 11:46:55 AM »
I think the Joe collectors here have been corrupting me.
 I have been on the fence about this item for 2-3 weeks now as I am not a Joe collector but it looked so cool.

A Target exclusive, this is the Cobra EEL with the wave crusher pack priced at $9.99

Even before you get the package open it's obvious that this figure rocks and looks better than the single carded EEL figure to me. The figure is super arty with the double jointed knees and the detail on the sculpt and paintwork is exquisite. Loaded with accessories, the EEL comes with removable swim fins that have mounting peg holes in their bottom, two knives that don't recess deeply enough into their leg scabbards for me,"something I could fix by cutting out the bottom of the scabbards" a pretty cool looking speargun, removable backpack with breathing apparatus, a removable shoulder armor assembly, and a removable swim helmet with a clear faceplate that you can clearly see through. A figure stand is also included. The Wave Crusher features a swing up control pilon that doubles as a missile launcher or you can leave it in the down position and just remove the control levers and insert them on the top of the craft for various riding positions.

This one is a winner, folks, and the amazing figure is worth the price of admission in itself.

Spudafett and USD had been talking about making a scuba mando and I picked this one up to use the accessories or the body as the base for a similar project. We will see what happens.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2009, 11:48:46 AM »
pics

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2009, 11:49:37 AM »
pics

Offline customclone

• 3rd scrap burners
  • Commander
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2009, 11:59:32 AM »
sweet the pairs prosut snake eyeslooks awsome im trying to look for the snake eyes in snow uniform

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2009, 06:43:05 PM »
Sweet.
I liked the look of this, but couldnt get it.
That vessel has lots of potential, just like the fig and accessories.
Cant wait to see what you make of them.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2009, 09:00:56 PM »
looks good, but I'm holding out on thisn.  I realy like the looks of the Gi-joe S.H.A.R.C. vehicle though.....  the human powered torpedo looking thing

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2009, 09:00:29 PM »
Here is another ROC fig that I picked up today. This one is the Para Viper Cobra Paratrooper.
  I seen this guy in the package and had to pick him up.

Talk about greeblies. First off when stripped of all his gear, you have a great base body sculpt with a nice head, the double jointed knees and a peg in his back and in his feet. He comes with a parachute rig that has all sorts of bags and pouches molded into it. he has a scabbard on one leg with a knife that is removable. He has a removable pilot looking helmet with holes for 4 soft air hoses attached to the removable parachute harnes/vest combo. he has a removable set of goggles on top of that. He comes with a mini machinegun and this sweet looking scopless sniper rifle with fold in stock, removable clip and removable bipod. The straps from his waist to his ankles remind me of a rebel pilots and are removable and on the backside of his legs, held in place by the straps and some pegs on his legs, are a pair of swim fins. "i didnt even see those when I bought him"Naturally he comes with a figure stand and he also comes with this little personal heli vehicle thing with a launching missile that is supposed to peg into his back but doesnt work very well.
  I bought this one purely for custom fodder so first off, my plan is to use the waist to ankle strap on my shadow pilot custom that I'm working on. I will mold the head, helmet, goggles, and probably cut up his vest/parachute rig combo to mold the satchels and bags. I might as well mold the swim fins as well.

That little personal vehicle of his would work well as either an underwater personal vehicle like for the scuba mando that we were talking about, Spud, or would even double as a large gun barrel for a vehicle or mounted weapon.

I am as excited about this fig as I was about the firefly fig.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2009, 09:02:00 PM »
More paraviper pics

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2009, 09:03:11 PM »
paraviper pics

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2009, 05:08:51 AM »
I received the Para Viper along with a Firefly and they are both great figures with lots of nifty, useful accessories.
In fact, the Joes are growing on me, thanks to Spudafett for getting me infected.

The Para Viper's long rifle is a WW2 German 1st model FG42, the only German personal weapon specifically made for the paratroops. The only difference is that Hasbro gave the FG a folding stock which the real thing didn't have. It sported a reversable needle bajonet and a folding stock as it was thought to double as a light machinegun and in combination with a scope, as a sniper rifle.
Needless to say, it wasn't really any of that. Could have been great, had it been constructed for the short cartridge...okay, I'm stopping here before I bore you guys to death with all this historical trivia.

Still, a cool weapon for an action figure.

I've cut the mag pouches away from the Viper's parachute harness  and they will look very good as pouches on a Clone trooper, Mandalorian, Rebel Commando, etc. The parachute helmet has a certain Star Wars look to it so I think it will be great for any civilian, Rebel or even Republic or Imperial pilot.
On mine, I'm probably going to re-sculpt the back of the lower legs so the figure can be used without the fins attached and sand off the collar of his shirt so armor will fit more snugly over him.
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2009, 08:47:20 AM »
I love the paraviper fig.  My speeder bike pilot started life as a paraviper... replacement lower legs are a usual must for this figure for me though, I can't stand that pegged flipper holder crap.

that included launcher is the best one in the ROC line it looks  like... I'm going to have to get one of those now.  if I can ever find one....

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2009, 01:53:32 PM »
Was able to score the Outpost Defender today at Wally World.  I love this thing, I had one of these as a kid and even had a "full scale' kid built fort as a kid,  We lived out in the country so my one brother and I built our own little outpost like structure with some old posts and some corugated metal for the roof,, good times.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2009, 03:10:08 PM »
Who was looking for the Serpent armor?

My local Target has some, atleast they did yesterday but I couldn't recall who wanted them???

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2009, 04:02:53 AM »
im thinking para viper as a custom pilot and all others can be used as bounty hunters and loads of accesories come with them so defintly bying them