Author Topic: Wanted: 3.75 Fi Skirata Figure and additional Republic Commando Parts  (Read 3318 times)

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
I'm so happy with my work on my custom Commando Fi, that I want to bring all of Omega Squad to life. In order to do that, I'm going to need the Fi body (at least 2 to 3 more) and some other commando parts. If anyone has these parts and would be willing to sell/trade them, I would be eternally grateful.

Commando Fi:

Other miscellaneous commando gear:

Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Wanted: 3.75 Fi Skirata Figure and additional Republic Commando Parts
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 03:51:06 AM »
It would be great to see you do the full set. I can see you doing Delta and Omega.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 05:07:23 AM »
It would be great to see you do the full set. I can see you doing Delta and Omega.

The delta boys are going for huge money these days so they might not be in the cards.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2019, 02:44:21 PM »
I can probably help you out here. You can send me a PM or I could also write everything on this thread - whatever you're up to.

Great idea on your RCs by the way!

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2019, 12:41:36 AM »
Same here, I'll look through my boxes of figures and parts and see what I can spare. I believe I have those Scorch parts for you.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2019, 03:27:25 AM »
Well, this is what I collected over the last couple years. Asian seller Viperskingdom (who suddenly disappeared) sold this SOTDS RC "Boss" for $4.99 - without backpack and blaster though  - but I managed to get 3 of those - free shipping!
I also found some Commandos on ebay and craigslist:
- Fixer ~ 4€
- Boss - 2,90€
- SOTDS Delta Squad for 5€ each

I got the TSC Scorch on sale at the moment, but I might keep it for another custom...

I see people offering Delta Squad loose for 100€ or more, but once in a while you can get them cheap! So if you got time, take it.
Also those extra weapons from the Saga Legends lines are a nice source for RC blasters!

If custom casted parts are an option for you, I can make all accessories for you. Clonehead is the master of resin casting here. He got me into making molds for the hobby. I really look up to him and if he got time and some parts left, you might wanna contact him.

I collected all those RCs for future customs. Here is a selection of skins of a Battlefront II mod, which I find very inspiring. And if you played the mod, you know how awesome those are! I especially like the Chaos Commando (upper right) and the Explosives Commando (down left).

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2019, 09:57:30 PM »
Well, this is what I collected over the last couple years. Asian seller Viperskingdom (who suddenly disappeared) sold this SOTDS RC "Boss" for $4.99 - without backpack and blaster though  - but I managed to get 3 of those - free shipping!
I also found some Commandos on ebay and craigslist:
- Fixer ~ 4€
- Boss - 2,90€
- SOTDS Delta Squad for 5€ each

I got the TSC Scorch on sale at the moment, but I might keep it for another custom...

I see people offering Delta Squad loose for 100€ or more, but once in a while you can get them cheap! So if you got time, take it.
Also those extra weapons from the Saga Legends lines are a nice source for RC blasters!

If custom casted parts are an option for you, I can make all accessories for you. Clonehead is the master of resin casting here. He got me into making molds for the hobby. I really look up to him and if he got time and some parts left, you might wanna contact him.

I collected all those RCs for future customs. Here is a selection of skins of a Battlefront II mod, which I find very inspiring. And if you played the mod, you know how awesome those are! I especially like the Chaos Commando (upper right) and the Explosives Commando (down left).

Those are very nice. I managed to order one more articulated commando body, to use for making another member of Omega team. At this point, I'm only down trying to get a backpack like Fixer's (pictured below) and one last articulated commando. From there it will only be the work required to customize them.

P.S. - I've always been fond of the idea of having a commando with a Z-6 Rotary canon. Those are a blast. Literally!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2019, 03:02:41 AM »
I hope we get to see more RCs when TCW starts back up. Then, maybe we can get some rereleases of these and these crazy prices will go down.

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2019, 09:41:28 AM »
Ok, I don't know if you're still looking for parts, but here's what I found:

Saga Scorch:
- figure: 9x
- backpack: 10x
- blaster: 11x + 2x in different paint scheme, so 13x total
- leg pouch/grenades(?): 10x

Black Clone Commando (same body as Saga Scorch minus the leg straps):
- figure: 3x

White Clone Commando (same body as the black commando):
- figure: 1x

So, these are all Clone Commandos from the Saga era, with way too little articulation. I've not been keeping up to date with the figures for ages, but it's a dang shame Hasbro never really upped the POA on these fine boys.

Anyway, let me know if there's anything you'd like. I can make a really sweet deal for this whole lot (= just shipping costs + a buck or two extra) 8)

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2019, 10:45:29 AM »
Ok, I don't know if you're still looking for parts, but here's what I found:

Saga Scorch:
- figure: 9x
- backpack: 10x
- blaster: 11x + 2x in different paint scheme, so 13x total
- leg pouch/grenades(?): 10x

Black Clone Commando (same body as Saga Scorch minus the leg straps):
- figure: 3x

White Clone Commando (same body as the black commando):
- figure: 1x

So, these are all Clone Commandos from the Saga era, with way too little articulation. I've not been keeping up to date with the figures for ages, but it's a dang shame Hasbro never really upped the POA on these fine boys.

Anyway, let me know if there's anything you'd like. I can make a really sweet deal for this whole lot (= just shipping costs + a buck or two extra) 8)

They have articulated legs in the later edition figures. Those would include the Delta Squad vintage re-release and the Fi Skirata Commando Evolutions boxed set. Only those two breeds of Commando figures have full articulation. Do you have photographs?

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2019, 07:03:07 AM »
I hope Mr.Black has talked to you about all details by now. I've been waiting to post my next reply on here for that. I already started making Fixer's backpack and the ammo pack of Scorch. More on that in my latest tutorial:

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=10633.0

Talking about nostalgia and brilliant ideas, I found this video a couple days ago. Actually YouTube suggested it to me. I subscribed to Cloneheads channel years ago, but haven't watched his videos for quite a while, now. In case you haven't seen his concept before, look what he made:

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=3324.0

So if you need custom made parts - he is the one to ask on the U.S. - there's probably nothing Clonehead couldn't do!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2019, 05:20:21 AM »
Clonehead is a forum moderator here. And a good friend. Whatever he touches is magic.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2019, 02:04:10 AM »
Here are two auctions on ebay I watched:

The loose Delta Squad shipped from Austria and was sold for 54€ on Sunday.
The new/sealed Squad shipped from Georgia and was sold for $115 plus shipping this morning.

Let’s hope Hasbro will give us a realistic style RC “Gregor” on Vintage Card or another Multipack with repaints of this Delta Squad from 2010 as Omega Squad this time around.

We need more Republic Commandos Hasbro!!

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2019, 11:03:03 AM »
That's the dream pack, because the shoulders are even articulated. These are the most articulated commandos on the market currently.