Author Topic: Clonehead's dioramas  (Read 77810 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Clonehead's dioramas
« Reply #150 on: April 12, 2009, 04:13:06 AM »
The stain looks good. I like the natural wood too. Heck, I love the look of wood and to me the dio on top really sets everything off. I really the like the look that grass gave to that contest dio. Awesome. Just a little bit of gree, really sets of the brown of the desert. The only thing that ticks me off is I can't win the daggone thing.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #151 on: April 12, 2009, 04:50:08 AM »
The stain looks good. I like the natural wood too. Heck, I love the look of wood and to me the dio on top really sets everything off. I really the like the look that grass gave to that contest dio. Awesome. Just a little bit of gree, really sets of the brown of the desert. The only thing that ticks me off is I can't win the daggone thing.
Thanks, buddy. I'm like you and feel that the stained wood really sets these little dios off.
 Now don't get ticked off too much as there isn't one hint of anything snowey in that contest dio. Besides, you are in good standings with it's creator dontchaknow. Also, don't feel alone in this as I want it too, and can't have it........LOL

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #152 on: April 12, 2009, 06:59:21 PM »
Hot on the heels of the two little dioramas that I completed, Friday, I broke out the dio materials again and whipped out two more diorama brownies, today. Every step was the same as before except that these two pine bases are square instead of rectangle. They are shorter but wider than the rectangles so probably have about the same surface area.
I want to do another Ryloth colored one and the second will either be like the contest mando's dio or I will do it in shades of black and grey for another project that I have in mind.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #153 on: April 12, 2009, 08:28:25 PM »
Oh yeah, I like the square dimension. Not wanting to add insult to injury, but these would look fanastic if you could get an acrylic or plexiglass cover to slide over top of these after the figure is added.  Chad played around with these a bit and I really liked em, but I think cutting the plexiglass was a chore. Still, maybe an idea if you ever run out of any. Like that will happen. Anyhow, really like the sqaure dimensioned ones.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #154 on: April 13, 2009, 03:25:34 AM »
Oh yeah, I like the square dimension. Not wanting to add insult to injury, but these would look fanastic if you could get an acrylic or plexiglass cover to slide over top of these after the figure is added.  Chad played around with these a bit and I really liked em, but I think cutting the plexiglass was a chore. Still, maybe an idea if you ever run out of any. Like that will happen. Anyhow, really like the sqaure dimensioned ones.
They were the same price, a paltry 2-$100. They have a bigger version which would work well to do a dio for say, my incomplete desert camo atrt with a figure or 3. How bout a Hothy trench scene?

Like the pexiglass idea. I used to pick up those model car display cases for just that purpose. I probably have a few of those on hand. That one Military model diorama that I made was based on one of those cases but I dont display it with it's topper.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #155 on: April 13, 2009, 06:21:28 AM »
I love the sound of a bigger one too.  Don't get me wrong, I like the open dios, but with the small hands in my house a "topper" would be great to keep it intact. Does hobby lobby or the like sell anything like that for model displays Clint?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #156 on: April 13, 2009, 06:51:12 AM »
I love the sound of a bigger one too.  Don't get me wrong, I like the open dios, but with the small hands in my house a "topper" would be great to keep it intact. Does hobby lobby or the like sell anything like that for model displays Clint?
Yep, I was looking at some, the other day, that were designed to hold baseballs and footballs that looked somewhat fancy. There were also some model car ones that looked a little less fancy. I don't have a price filed away in my memory but I will pay closer attention, next time.
  I figure that you might install an alarm on the door on your custom walker display case.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #157 on: April 13, 2009, 06:56:13 AM »
I am gonna have that bad boy behind glass under my basement steps where the knobs for even the door itself screw into the framing so she can't get into that, not for a long time.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #158 on: April 13, 2009, 06:59:09 AM »
I am gonna have that bad boy behind glass under my basement steps where the knobs for even the door itself screw into the framing so she can't get into that, not for a long time.
LOL
Oh, but Shawn.........you have her curious about "Clinthead" customs, now.............couldn't you could at least let her play with it a little bit, and then lock it up?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #159 on: April 13, 2009, 04:46:26 PM »
One word for you.

NO!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 04:56:42 PM by Tamer »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #160 on: April 13, 2009, 04:55:36 PM »
One word for you.

NO!
Well at least keep her away from your computer so she doesn't start asking me for stuff. ;D
What a terrible temtation that would be, that cool looking walker behind glass..........................kind  of like the way all of that MOC stuff tempts you, eh, Tamer.

I'm just giving you a hard time, of course.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 05:00:07 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #161 on: April 13, 2009, 04:58:09 PM »
LOL. This one no one but "daddy" plays with.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #162 on: April 14, 2009, 03:30:41 PM »
Here are some more final reveal shots with the contest mando and his desert dio.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #163 on: April 14, 2009, 03:32:44 PM »
Still more contest mando and desert dio shots.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #164 on: April 14, 2009, 03:35:32 PM »
And here are the last two contest mando and dio shots for now. Except for these two shots with him and his dio next to Ponds and his dio.