Author Topic: Amazon.com  (Read 45725 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Amazon.com
« Reply #150 on: October 01, 2020, 03:07:57 AM »
https://amzn.to/33h4ASn

They have the Gonks!

I just got my order in yesterday and they were pristine. Yes, I did say pristine from Amazon! I left my phone at work so I will get pictures today.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #151 on: October 04, 2020, 08:39:39 AM »
Ok, I took better than a cursory glance at these and I did find both cards are creased. Daggone it!

https://imgur.com/gallery/3hxQZW6

I can't get to the image codes, but here is the proof. Man, just when I thought I could order from them again. Guess I will send em back.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 08:43:00 AM by Tamer »

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #152 on: October 04, 2020, 11:45:29 AM »
Ok, I took better than a cursory glance at these and I did find both cards are creased. Daggone it!

https://imgur.com/gallery/3hxQZW6

I can't get to the image codes, but here is the proof. Man, just when I thought I could order from them again. Guess I will send em back.

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fimperialshipyards.net%2Fposts%2F3340981335938742&width=500" width="500" height="669" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allow="encrypted-media"></iframe>

That is just terrible! Send one of them to me for disposal ;)
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #153 on: October 05, 2020, 02:23:57 AM »
Trying to get them replaced. We will see what happens. If these show up buggered up I am so done with Amazon for anything vintage carded. I knew better, but I tried anyway.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #154 on: October 05, 2020, 02:27:23 AM »
Tamer, I'm sorry your trust in Amazon is bust, again. But this might not be their fault this time. You might want to check out the facebook page of StarActionFigures.co.uk - there they shared a video of opening a solid case of TVC Boba Fett figures. 6 of 8 of them had the exact same damage (vailing) at the same spot your Power Droid does.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #155 on: October 05, 2020, 03:02:38 AM »
Yeah I know Philipp the box they sent it in was pristine so I do think these could have been damaged elsewhere, thats why I am trying again. Hasbro has got to figure out a way to ensure vintage cards are not damaged just by boxing em up and sending them to retailers.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #156 on: October 05, 2020, 03:09:11 AM »
Yeah, if they already come damaged from the factory the retailers (and etailers) have no chance to satisfy MOC collector's. But I'd try to replace the damaged card until you get a pristine one. Fingers crossed that it won't take as long as it did OnlyOneKenobi with his exclusive Sith Trooper from Amazon UK:

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #157 on: October 06, 2020, 02:29:18 AM »
Yeah, I am hoping this time seals it. If not, I will send em back and say the heck with it.

The way I see it, there isn't any figure worth loosing that much sleep or time over and hopefully I can see it on the pegs somewhere.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #158 on: October 07, 2020, 02:59:47 AM »
Well the second box showed up yesterday. Crushed. Like a cement block was on it crushed.

The figures inside were ruined. I am so done with anything vintage carded from amazon. For those that have good luck with them, you ought to go get a lottery ticket.

Already printed the return label to send this stuff back.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #159 on: October 24, 2020, 01:31:10 AM »
Sorry to hear that Tamer. Sometimes it's the logistics company delivering your items.

Maybe this song can brighten your mood a bit: Treat Me Right - Pete Bellis & Tommy

Meanwhile the TVC Smugglers' Run Millenium Falcon hit a new low on Amazon Germany. Can't have it delivered any closer to the American MRSP here in Germany as of this post.... I still won't buy it! lol

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #160 on: October 24, 2020, 01:56:23 AM »
I'm so glad that I waited on the Brachiosaurus! Bought my first one for 53€ (~$60) on Amazon. And now the price dropped to the U.S. MRSP of 49.99€ on Amazon Germany. They offer an extra coupon of 1.50€. I just had to get my second one now. How far do you think the price will drop at TARGET? This beauty started selling here for 72.99€ (~$82) or more.

One got to be patient though. It's going to take 1-2 months for delivery. So if I get lucky it will arrive before Christmas. That's well worth the wait for me though. A childhood dream came true.

Again, I could select the option to have the shipping box from Mattel sent in an extra Amazon box before checkout.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #161 on: October 24, 2020, 07:56:43 AM »
Just said it over on the Mattel thread, but amazon is convenient and with prime it is hard not to use it. They have really made getting what you want and checking out quick. They just need to offer an extra box service with shipping and they would take over again. You just can't trust them to ship vintage stuff.

I did get my last box in ok, but it was still crushed on one side and we all figured it was doomed, but somehow the figures inside just had warped cards. Once again just sitting on top of each other unsupported with one bubble thing on top.

I would love to get my hands on whomever is in charge of their action figure shipping operations to give them some heads up on how to ship toys, but I know its a bottom line ship cheap boxes with less packing material to save dollars.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #162 on: October 24, 2020, 11:18:12 AM »
I got TVC Hondo last week, it came in a bubble mailer, but my Chirrut this week came in a box. The Hondo had a decent card, I guess it was thrown on top of the pile. The Chirrut box was a little too small, and it's slightly curved, but I've gotten sealed cases from Hasbro with curved/bent cards. I order through Amazon, I open. Pretty much all the tvc preorders besides walmart exclusives I get through Amazon. I have free prime with verizon wireless, so I'm going to use it. I also get free Disney+ well it's not "free" nothing is free, that's why my bill is so high.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #163 on: October 25, 2020, 06:01:03 AM »
yeah, amazon makes it so daggone convenient. I think they have got us over a barrel. And yes I have prime too so we use it a lot living in a pretty rural area where we use it way too much.

I just don't count on getting good vintage stuff from them. It took me three tries with the gonk droid and that was because I got lucky the third time even though the box came crushed on one side.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #164 on: October 25, 2020, 08:41:08 AM »
  Yeah I took a second look at the Hondo I got and the very top does have a crease and a little warped. These cards are so vulnerable it's almost impossible to get a perfect card. Bubble mailers don't help. From a logistical standpoint the TBS boxes are better, they fit snug in a case they're stackable, but they're ugly, especially the old red and black ones. The new ones are nice.  Back in the day no one cared about the cards, in fact some retailers would cut the cards in half and throw them in a dump bin. So I guess the modern equivalent to cutting the cards is, throwing them in a mailer. I wonder how much shrink Hasbro/retailers have due to card damage or bubble separation.
Who delivers your Amazon? Some places use USPS, some use third party couriers, mine is shipped by Amazon vans now.