Author Topic: Amazon.com  (Read 45721 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Amazon.com
« Reply #135 on: September 05, 2020, 07:24:02 AM »
At least there is some hope now for ordering on amazon for me. After getting my last 4lom and zuckuss ruined I told myself no more carded ordering from them. I hate seeing anything being an amazon exclusive.

I think a few of the latest reveals had some amazon links I will go back and see if there is anything I want and see if I can do that double box thing.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #136 on: September 16, 2020, 12:05:13 AM »
Amazon.co.uk have the Black Series 40th Anniversary 2-Pack with 4-LOM and Zuckuss for only 29.54 GBP! So I tried if they can deliver without damaged packaging. Well, one thing was for sure right at the beginning: they ship to Germany incredibly cheap! Shipping was only 5.82 GBP!

Here's the link to their website for the United Kingdom: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Wars-Black-4-LOM-Zuckuss/dp/B083MMXV5R/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=star+wars+black+series&qid=1600239477&sr=8-5

Amazon.com have also re-stocked this set for $49.99: https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-6-Inch-Scale-Collectible-Exclusive/dp/B083MMXV5R/ref=sr_1_9?dchild=1&keywords=star+wars+black+series&qid=1600239858&sr=8-9

And here's how I received the sets from Amazon UK:

No further protection inside the box, but they still arrived well.

It's incredible how quickly the blisters collect micro-scratches in the factories even if they're case-fresh!

« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 03:10:23 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #137 on: September 16, 2020, 03:15:20 AM »
I tried once, maybe I will try again and see if I can get that better boxing at check out like you showed us. Mine was horribly crushed when I ordered it the first time.

Off to share on the front pages.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #138 on: September 16, 2020, 03:19:42 AM »
It didn't give me the option to get it better boxed.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #139 on: September 16, 2020, 03:29:04 AM »
Well, you can be sure that this item will be shipped in a separate cardboard box. The JW Brachiosaurus is an exception because it comes in its own shipper. If you don't want Amazon to put labels on that shipping box from Mattel, then you can choose this option of the extra box.

I highly doubt Amazon will slap a label right on the packaging of this 2-Pack. I know it has happened before, but this is not an item this should happen to. Fingers crossed.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #140 on: September 16, 2020, 03:32:20 AM »
I tried once, maybe I will try again and see if I can get that better boxing at check out like you showed us. Mine was horribly crushed when I ordered it the first time.

Off to share on the front pages.

That's why I always bus more than one of such smaller sets or single carded figures so that the packers won't get any crazy ideas. But one could expect that all items arrive in good shape. You can always contact their customer service and they will definitely offer you a replacement now that it's back in stock.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #141 on: September 17, 2020, 02:42:18 AM »
Yeah, but if they ship it in the same flimsy box it will end up the same way. Then, the hassle of going through the return process, etc. They gotta go back to thicker boxes or at least offer that as an option even if you have to pay a bit more.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #142 on: September 24, 2020, 06:08:57 AM »
I agree and hope you received your latest order in good condition.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #143 on: September 24, 2020, 06:20:59 AM »
I decided to finally order the new Darth Revan's Force FX Lightsaber on smile.Amazon UK. I got it for 201.36 GBP (~$255.71 USD or ~223€) including shipping from the United Kingdom to Germany.

Today I received my order a week earlier than estimated delivered by DHL.
It was better secured than my last order with Count Dooku's lightsaber, but still got a little dent. It almost arrived in pristine condition...almost. But I can live with that small dent on the box as long as the lightsaber itself has no issues.

They added some extra paper this time. But OF COURSE the lightsaber was right on the side where the only damage of the box is...

I really like the shape of the new packaging although storing of multiple boxes is more difficult now. What do you think - shall I get it out of the packaging?

Some people already recommend to not buy it. New features - new flaws...

Finding The Force: 10 Reasons NOT To Buy Darth Revan Force FX Lightsaber!

Even the sample of Star Wars Theory got some issues with the electronics:

Star Wars Theory: Unboxing Revan's NEW Force FX Lightsaber and FULL Review
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 06:29:11 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #144 on: September 25, 2020, 02:46:31 AM »
You just cant trust Amazon to ship well once they went to the thinner boxes. I am sure it was a cost cutting measure, but I probably won't order anything from Amazon again unless its at a bargain price and I don't care about damaged packaging.

Bummer on the electronics. Still a gorgeous saber if you ask me.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #145 on: September 25, 2020, 10:45:35 AM »
  I got a Gonk droid from Amazon, because I'm an opener and Dorkside still hasn't shipped the one I pre-ordered. They sent it to me Prime in a box. I open the box and it's mint condition. I was surprised but their efforts are a waste because I'm going to rip it open anyway. But it seems like they are aware of their mishandling of collector focused figures, and are doing better.  If I were a MOC collector, I still wouldn't trust them fully.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #146 on: September 25, 2020, 12:07:58 PM »
Hey, thank you for sharing this wonderful news and have fun with this GONK! I just won an auction on ebay and would have an extra GONK loose now. lol

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #147 on: September 26, 2020, 07:18:26 AM »
JDeck I am glad someone has gotten a mint figure, especially those on a vintage card. It is gonna take me awhile to trust em again. And I mean awhile.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #148 on: September 28, 2020, 04:28:55 AM »
I received my Amazon order from June 13. They delivered the book on September 2, 2020. It looks like it was imported from the USA because all were sold out on Amazon Germany. It wasn't even granted that I'd get it. So I'm really happy to have gotten it for 29€ (~$32.48). On ebay it's offered for 50€ or more already. It's worth every penny with 256 pages and I might order a second one to give away since there're are 4 left in stock:

https://www.amazon.com/Art-Rogue-One-Star-Story/dp/1419722255/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=art+of+rogue+one&qid=1601292516&sr=8-1

It even came double-boxed although I didn't have the option to choose so. I think that's because it came from a U.S. distribution center and was repacked in a seperate box when the load arrived at Amazon's distribution center here in Germany.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 04:31:15 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #149 on: September 29, 2020, 02:28:52 AM »
Glad to see this came in good shape.