Author Topic: The World of Darth C  (Read 13122 times)

Offline Darth C

• Brigadier
Re: The World of Darth C
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2008, 06:32:19 PM »
Yes it would be more days off, but the downside is not much time to see the family during your work schedule.  Its only about 10 miles from home.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2008, 05:54:09 AM »
I am telling you, this job sounds pretty good to me. what would it be? 4 twelve hour days? I can see the downside during the twelve hour days, but man having three days off a week sounds great!

Offline Darth C

• Brigadier
« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2008, 05:37:50 PM »
Well a little update.  Found out today that my sheriff is retiring at the end of january.  So hopefully my new boss will be better.  I've known him for quite awhile so we will see what happens.  Decided not to take that security job as I found out it would cut my pay in half to start out.  During these times can't take that big of a hit.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2008, 07:48:50 PM »
Here is hoping your new boss will be cool. Who knows? Perhaps he will be a SW fan. ;D

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2008, 07:22:58 AM »
There you go! A new boss might just totally improve that situation. Keep us updated!

Offline Darth C

• Brigadier
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2009, 04:48:01 PM »
Well its been awhile since I updated this.  We got our new sheriff last week.  No chnages yet, but he does want to meet with everyone and here their issues.  Been doing alot of ice fishing and am starting the taxidermy back up full steam.  Was at work this morning getting inmates ready for transport to the immigration office when Barb paged me.  Called her back and she said she was heading to the hospital, she was in unbearable pain.  Got over to the hospital as fast as I could and it was what I figured it was , another bout with kidney stones.  They shot her up with some strong drugs and sent her home around 10am.  She passed it around 3pm and is doing fine now.  Its amazing how something that small can cause so much pain.  Getting ready for our disney trip in a couple of weeks.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2009, 05:25:31 PM »
I'm sorry to hear about Barb, Chad. Those kidney stones are a bugger or so I hear.
  I'll bet that you are getting excited about your Disney trip. You will have to take some pics for us.

Offline Darth C

• Brigadier
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2009, 05:58:30 PM »
Yeah, it should be fun.  Got a couple extra memory cards for the camera.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2009, 06:10:56 PM »
Chad, tell Barb I feel for her!  As a Kidney Stone passer myself, I can tell you those aren't bearable at all!  It's too bad they can't issue some of those wonderful drugs over the counter!  Have a blast in Disney, I know you will!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2009, 07:54:42 AM »
Glad to hear things turned out well. I hear those daggone things hurt! Man, can't wait to see how your trip goes.

Offline Darth C

• Brigadier
« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2009, 05:17:44 PM »
Well we got back last night from Disney.  All I can say is WOW!  It is overwelming.  These parks are so huge and the amount of people there is unbelievable.  With a solid 4.5 days there we maybe saw and did half o the stuff we wanted to do.  Its not a cheap vacation, but it was worth it just to see the girls having so much fun.  One day we had them made up as princesses and our oldest Emily just ate it up.  We were ready to come home, but wanted to stay longer.  We are already planning another trip there in a couple of years, it takes that long to save up.  If anyone one is planning on going there for the first time, LMK I'll fill you in on what to do and expect.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2009, 05:25:08 PM »
Glad to hear that you had a great trip! Pics are forthcoming, I hope......

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2009, 10:03:42 AM »
Good to hear you made it back Chad. I am glad to hear your little gals had a good time. I am definitely gonna need that advice one year soon. I need to figure out what amount I need to set back to do it right first thing though.

Offline Darth C

• Brigadier
« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2009, 04:57:49 PM »
Well guys haven't been around much latley, Barb has been using the computer pretty much nonstop for the last week doing homework.  Well now at work we have been put on call for a one week stretch every 5 weeks.  So for 10 weeks a year I have no life and this also includes holidays and weekends.  Not real happy over this, but not much we can do at this time.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2009, 05:50:46 PM »
It's nice to see you back, Chad. Too bad about that being on call thing. hopefully it will work out.