Author Topic: The World of Darth C  (Read 13125 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: The World of Darth C
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2008, 11:47:15 AM »
I like the idea of the really lit up area. I bet that works. Maybe a sign saying you have security protection even if you dont have a system might be a deterrent. Still kids probably will stay away for a brightly lit area.  Too bad you can't pin point a date the activity starts, you could set up a night or two and catch em!

Offline Darth C

• Brigadier
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2008, 05:46:15 PM »
Well it time to give a little update.  Last week was a busy week at work, seemed like all I did was work overtime everyday.  On friday we went camping, but before we could go I had to work a 12 hour day and drive 600 miles, boy was I tired and crabby.  At least we only had to go about 20 miles to get to the campground.  Camping we alot of fun, went with 3 other neighbor groups.  Got another busy week of work and then another camping trip for labor day weekend.  This will be our last trip for the year.  Going to our state fair on sunday, monday relax, and on tuesday I took the day off to prefish a tournament I'm fishing the following weekend.  After that its HUNTING TIME!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2008, 02:58:10 PM »
Sounds like some fun time to me! Hunting season is almost here!

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2008, 12:30:39 AM »
Wish we had a huntig season like your hunting season!.(wabbit season anyone?)....or different guns for that matter.... ;)

Offline Darth C

• Brigadier
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2008, 06:14:09 PM »
Ok guys, its been quite awhile since I have been active on the site.  Sorry for that, but alot has been going on here lately.  First off I have decided to stop collecting.  With the uncertainity of the economy I felt it was the best thing to do right now and also to save money for our disney trip and also to concentrate on taxidermy.  I will still be around, but just not collecting.  I have been spending alot of time doing my taxidermy work as of late and getting ready for the upcoming turkey and deer season.  The lastest thing has been my computer got infected again and has been down.  It had 4 viruses and 277 spyware issues on it.  So I just got it back today.  So other then that, that's about it.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2008, 06:34:30 PM »
Chad, you've taken a step in the direction that many of us have thought about, and just as many have echoed.  I, myself, have begun to slow my spending on a great deal of items.  I can definitely appreciate the desire to save money and concentrate on other interests.  You've done some good work with taxidermy, I like the pics you post here!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2008, 04:15:49 AM »
Boy Chad, you are echoing a lot of sentiments I am having too. I am just out of space too. I am glad you are just gonna stick around to let me bug  you!

Offline Darth C

• Brigadier
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2008, 02:22:28 PM »
Well its been awhile since I posted anything here.  I have come to the decision it is time to leave my job.  Working conditions are really becoming unbearable as of latley and I'm just so sick and tired and stressed out that I can't  take it anymore.  They have no compassion or understanding of there staff.  Pretty much they are really cutting back on any vacation time, changing our schedules around and so on.  I am the most senior guy in our unti and now it seems like I won't be assured any of my time off.  It has been a long time coming, but its fianlly come to a head.  The part I'm not liking is this is really a bad time to start all over, the job market is not really all that strong for someone with no marketable skills.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2008, 02:33:07 PM »
Wow Chad. Sounds like things at work are bad. I know you are working on your taxidermy classes and getting ready to go for that. I know I for one had a job that just made me ugly every day. I ditched it. I have never regretted that decision. I had to take a pay cut, but the loss of a few dollars is nothing compared to your sanity. You gotta do what you gotta do sometimes.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2008, 05:18:21 PM »
Man, Chad, that's a bummer about your job. I don't blame you for wanting to get out of a stressfull situation though. That's what I did last year when I quit working for Leavcon and it worked out for the better. Now I feel that my job is more secure and I made more this year.
  Keep in mind that Ironworkers get no vacation, sick leave, or any other percs that a real job might offer.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 05:42:12 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Darth C

• Brigadier
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2008, 06:10:23 PM »
I know that by doing this there will be some major changes that will have to happen.  I feel that if I stay doing this that I will have a heart attack sooner then later.  The job itself isn't bad its just the admin and the BS that goings with it.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2008, 06:16:38 PM »
I sometimes think my admin lives on a different planet from what I love on too. I totally understand the whole health aspect too. I had to get bp pills before I changed my job. You have gotta be able to get out of bed in the morning to go to work. I just couldn't stand knowing I had to go into that place. My wife actually made me get another job cause she couldn't live with me. Like I said, it was a pay cut, but the overall improvement it made in my life opened me up to other things. Like you guys for example!

Offline Darth C

• Brigadier
« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2008, 11:48:00 AM »
Well it looks like I got a line on a new job.  Talked with my old boss who now works for the MN dept of homeland security and he gave me info on some security opening at our local nuclear power plant.  They are going to start hiring again in january and I should have a real good shot getting in.  Its a pay cut but not all that much.  The downside is it shift work with 12 hour shifts, but at least I would be out of my current job.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2008, 01:33:35 PM »
If it gets you out of a job you hate getting up for in the morning then it would be a dream job. You sure would have security protecting a nuclear power plant! I for one would feel safer knowing folks like you were watching those types of places. I hope it works out!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2008, 04:55:21 PM »
Those 12 hr days take a little getting used to. Would that give you more days off every week? If so It would be worth the trade. How far is it from the house?