Author Topic: Making The Band, Part 2 3/1/23  (Read 111127 times)

Offline STJuggernaut

• Ensign
Re: Jedi Minstrel Customs II (Republic Commando: Mij Gilamar 4/7/13)
« Reply #375 on: April 07, 2013, 02:59:01 PM »
i really dig those alien mercenaries. they look awesome. good to see the gladiator head coming to some use unaltered! fantastic customs. i always love to see teams come together!

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #376 on: April 10, 2013, 06:47:54 AM »
i really dig those alien mercenaries. they look awesome. good to see the gladiator head coming to some use unaltered! fantastic customs. i always love to see teams come together!

Thanks.  I've been wanting to use Gladiator for something; another Jedi, Sith, or Bounty Hunter.  You know, the usual but I've been wanting to do this merc army for a while.  I got more into the idea after I read the Knight Errant novel which includes a mercenary group.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #377 on: April 11, 2013, 04:34:05 AM »
Oh yeah, looks good.

I keep hoping now that Disney has Lucasfilm we might get Karen back on a new Imperial Commando Novel.

Ofcourse right now Disney seems to be doing more dismantling than creating. On the front page.

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #378 on: April 11, 2013, 05:51:41 AM »
Oh yeah, looks good.

I keep hoping now that Disney has Lucasfilm we might get Karen back on a new Imperial Commando Novel.

Ofcourse right now Disney seems to be doing more dismantling than creating. On the front page.

When can only hope.  Perhaps by rebuilding, that would include the novels.  Thanks for the FP.

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
Re: Jedi Minstrel Customs II (Endor Rebel Trooper 4/12/13)
« Reply #379 on: April 12, 2013, 06:24:40 AM »
I have been wanting to create some Endor Rebel Troopers, especially after seeing some by our colleagues here on the Yards.

Hakron "Hak" Eligner comes from a military family that spans some millennia.  There have been everything from foot soldiers, to generals, to pilots, to fleet admirals.  In times of peace, there have been training sergeants and even the non-military family members have been advisors to the military such as scientists and secretaries.  Hak's family tradition kept him out of trouble...most of the time.  As a boy about to enter the military academy on Carida, he question why he should attend an Imperial facility.  In doing so, he enraged his father since they were in front of some colleagues from his father's base where he was the commanding officer.  Later on he took Hak aside and told him that he was a Rebel sympathizer and had discretely given information to the Rebels.  He told Hak to go on to the Carida Academy and do his best but if there were ever any part of his training that conflicted with the Rebellion such as pilot training/mission against Rebels, try to escape or notify him.  Fortunately, his training went without major conflicts.  He graduated with honors and left.  He, his father and much of their extended family joined the Rebellion, discretely by ones, twos, and small groups.  On Endor, Hak distinguished himself by singlehandedly attacking and capturing an AT-ST.  He was given a field promotion of lieutenant and went on and saw more action throughout the war and the rebuilding of the galaxy.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Jedi Minstrel Customs II (Endor Republic Trooper 4/12/13)
« Reply #380 on: April 12, 2013, 10:44:51 AM »
Very nice looking Rebel Trooper! I too love making these guys.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #381 on: April 13, 2013, 04:44:25 AM »
Nice. Back on the front page. I like these Endor Customs.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #382 on: April 13, 2013, 08:09:28 AM »
Really cool !! Like the back story !!

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #383 on: April 13, 2013, 08:40:28 AM »
@Luke Sprywalker, I have been slowly adding to a platoon of Endor Rebel Troopers.  I'll get a group shot soon.  There's actually one other thing I'm going to do with Hak before I do the group shot.

@Tamer, Thanks for the FP.  I might go and do some original trilogy stuff.  We'll see.  So much customizing, so little time.

@mr.Jedi1977, Thanks.  I try to add a backstory to all of my originals.  It's part of the fun.  Sometimes I think them through before writing them up but most times as soon as I post them, I make it up as I go.

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
Re: Jedi Minstrel Customs II (Update of an Endor Republic Trooper 4/14/13)
« Reply #384 on: April 14, 2013, 10:31:32 AM »
Ok.  So i was looking at someone else's pages here and they were commenting on making use of figures from POF.  Just chopping heads and dremeling them out to put onto head pegs.  I've done a couple of those and after I did my Endor Trooper, I found an old POF endor trooper whose head I put onto the new one.  Here's the result.  What do you think?

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #385 on: April 14, 2013, 01:18:23 PM »
Dude, that looks great. Two looks for the same trooper.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #386 on: April 14, 2013, 02:20:48 PM »
I agree, works for me.

Offline RebelScum1138

• Ensign
  • Come to the Dark Side! (we have cookies!)
« Reply #387 on: April 18, 2013, 01:43:40 PM »
Nice trooper  :)

Offline benjani_1976

• Colonel
  • Banksy = star wars LEGEND
« Reply #388 on: April 19, 2013, 07:45:27 PM »
Great idea,some potf figures have good head styles for adding variety to an army build.
I usually take the heads off any I get in a mixed bundle,then line the bodies up for shooting practice  ()rr  
Great choice of figure too,looks the part
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 07:47:53 PM by benjani_1976 »

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #389 on: April 19, 2013, 10:01:08 PM »
Great idea,some potf figures have good head styles for adding variety to an army build.
I usually take the heads off any I get in a mixed bundle,then line the bodies up for shooting practice  ()rr  
Great choice of figure too,looks the part

Yea, I'm starting to do more head retooling (nicer than saying head chopping) with those figures.