Author Topic: Making The Band, Part 2 3/1/23  (Read 111120 times)

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
Re: Jedi Minstrel Customs II (Made my own SW Trading Card 10/20/12)
« Reply #315 on: October 20, 2012, 09:32:33 AM »
Here's something I've been wanting to do for a while now.  Came across a website that allows you to create your own trading card game.  I'm not a big gamer of any kind, be it video or trading cards.  I do find them fascinating for inspiration and presentation.  I used one of my most current favorite customs, Ghette Nisan.  Let me know what you all think.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 01:03:23 PM by Jedi Minstrel »

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
Re: Jedi Minstrel Customs II (Shistavanen Jedi Knight 10/28/12)
« Reply #316 on: October 28, 2012, 10:33:40 AM »
Here's a quick custom I did that I've been wanting to do for some time.  This is just one more in a big group of Old Republic characters I'm working on.

Shistavanen Jedi Knight, Phrik Sil, was a Jedi of the Old Republic about 200 years after the Cold War.

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
« Reply #317 on: October 28, 2012, 01:21:21 PM »
Love it just Awesome!

My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline clone10

• Brigadier
« Reply #318 on: October 28, 2012, 06:46:16 PM »
Super cool!!!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #319 on: October 29, 2012, 04:47:52 AM »
My comments are on the front page.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #320 on: October 29, 2012, 05:35:39 AM »
Well done especially the Shistavanen Jedi Knight i like it

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #321 on: October 29, 2012, 05:44:45 AM »
My comments are on the front page.

Thank You.  I would like to see more of this race, not just as Jedi but other types of characters.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 05:46:33 AM by Jedi Minstrel »

Offline JediMindtrix

• Jedi Knight
  • Captain
  • "These aren't the droids you're looking for."
« Reply #322 on: October 30, 2012, 10:10:53 AM »
amazing!I love the use of the soft goods.This is definately one of my faves from you,but overall custom figure as well.Keep up the great work.I kinda wish i owed this guy lol ;D

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #323 on: December 28, 2012, 07:41:05 AM »
Well, it's been awhile.  Work and family...never saying they are in the way but it does mean keeping up with anything else is harder.  Our daughter is now 1 year old and it's been amazing.  The Force is definitely with her as her motor skills and all even impresses her doctor.  Anyway, I finally have some customs done that I"ve been working on for weeks (more like minutes and hours spread over several weeks).  Here goes.  All three are from about 3500 BBY.

Briinsee was the first Iktotchi to join the Jedi Order.  Soon after his homeworld was discovered, he and a few others between infant and pre-adolescents were sent to Coruscant to learn the ways of the Force. Briinsee "Bry" was one of the older younglings and although the Order doesn't normally recruit so old, he had been educated at a special holy temple whose teachings of pacifism and meditation prepared him for the Order.  He became a Jedi Knight along with some of his fellow Iktotchi.  He had a natural leadership and was given many assignments leading up to several other Jedi.

Gresh Nerin was an ex-Corellian soldier/pilot that served with distinction and earned himself Corellian Bloodstripes.  At the end of his 4th tour with special forces, Nerin decided to enter fighter pilot training.  His instincts and calmness in battle earned him a quick promotion to squad leader.  Tired of fighting, he submitted his discharge papers, took his savings and bought a freighter.  As a freighter jocky, Nerin learned to enjoy life as a business man and was satisfied when the customer was satisfied.  Of course, life took an interesting turn when he decided to take on passengers that were Jedi led by the Iktothi, Briinsee.

Often usually taking bounties that were somewhat morally acceptable, Serynne Tehal was able to do more than stay afloat.  Her network of clients and associates kept her busy with bounties that kept to her Alderaanian upbringing.  No one knows why she entered the bounty hunting business but she always delivered and that's what mattered.  Her latest job was to find a certain ex-Corellian soldier and deliver him to a cantina to meet a teenager.  That's all.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 07:43:27 AM by Jedi Minstrel »

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #324 on: December 28, 2012, 07:42:32 AM »
more pics

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #325 on: December 28, 2012, 07:46:58 AM »
I agree with you: real life takes alot out of those of us in this hobby.  Glad to hear things are going well for your family and that you're back in the 'game'!

All three look great, especially the Iktotchi Jedi.  The paints you used look regal, very much how I would picture a Jedi of this era.  The Red Faction figures really lend themselves well to great customs, don't they?  I've got these same figs, but they're still sitting on a shelf waiting for some inspiration on what I'd like to do with them.  Yours do look great!

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #326 on: December 28, 2012, 07:54:47 AM »
I agree with you: real life takes alot out of those of us in this hobby.  Glad to hear things are going well for your family and that you're back in the 'game'!

All three look great, especially the Iktotchi Jedi.  The paints you used look regal, very much how I would picture a Jedi of this era.  The Red Faction figures really lend themselves well to great customs, don't they?  I've got these same figs, but they're still sitting on a shelf waiting for some inspiration on what I'd like to do with them.  Yours do look great!

Thanks.  I wish I had gotten more of the Red Faction figures but I only got one of each except one.  I've used the head of one for a TOR custom and I've got one more fig to use for a Sith-thing I think.

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
« Reply #327 on: December 28, 2012, 09:10:29 AM »
WOW! These guys and gals look great!!!! I really love that female!
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #328 on: December 28, 2012, 11:06:56 AM »
Always good to see an update from you. Back on the front page. Ah the joys of having a young one in the house.

Offline benjani_1976

• Colonel
  • Banksy = star wars LEGEND
« Reply #329 on: December 28, 2012, 08:31:04 PM »
Wow,loving that ikotchi Jedi...........the armour,just looks amazing.

The female in armour too,nicely done.......big thumbs up ;)