Author Topic: Making The Band, Part 2 3/1/23  (Read 111118 times)

Offline JediMindtrix

• Jedi Knight
  • Captain
  • "These aren't the droids you're looking for."
Re: Jedi Minstrel Customs II (Airborne Trooper 11/15/11)
« Reply #180 on: November 19, 2011, 09:11:52 PM »
forgot to mention,great job on the airborn trooper as well,love the colors and paint apps.

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
Re: Jedi Minstrel Customs II (Airborne Trooper 11/15/11)
« Reply #181 on: November 20, 2011, 04:44:32 AM »
Love the new airborne troops!  I'm partial to that olive green color scheme; looks great!

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
Re: Jedi Minstrel Customs II (Reptilian Jedi 12/18/11)
« Reply #182 on: December 18, 2011, 08:17:34 AM »
Hi Folks.  Haven't posted in a while.  Here are a couple of Reptilian Jedi survivors of Order 66.  
Zxxricnk, also known as "Zee", was with his pod brother, Qrinxeelicyan "Q", on a secret mission infiltrating  a Separatist base when Order 66 was issued.  They listened to transmissions of "Peace" with the Republic.  They left the base and began collecting information only to discover the sudden assassination of their fellow Jedi.  Knowing their other pod brother was in danger, they took precautions and began searching for him.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 08:33:47 AM by Jedi Minstrel »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #183 on: December 18, 2011, 09:02:18 AM »
Good to see an update Minstrel. On the front page.

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #184 on: December 20, 2011, 11:31:12 PM »
Good to see an update Minstrel. On the front page.

I've not been posting much because we've anticipating our first child's birth.  She finally entered the world two days ago.  We're all happy and soon I will be showing her the ways of the Force!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #185 on: December 21, 2011, 03:22:54 AM »
Well now if that isn't just awesome! I remember those times myself like they were yesterday. Ah suchf fun you are getting ready to have. I never did find the instruction book that was supposed to come with mine.

Congratulations Joe, and I love to sound of you bringing her up the Minstrel way!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #186 on: December 21, 2011, 04:21:20 AM »
Congrats on the newborne, joe!
Nice customs.

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #187 on: December 21, 2011, 07:26:37 AM »
Well now if that isn't just awesome! I remember those times myself like they were yesterday. Ah suchf fun you are getting ready to have. I never did find the instruction book that was supposed to come with mine.

Congratulations Joe, and I love to sound of you bringing her up the Minstrel way!

Of course, now I'm thinking of customs to commemorate her birth.  I already have Mando and Jedi customs I would like to do of her.  I was joking with my sister and nephew of the Jedi robe I want to make for her.  Actually, I wasn't joking.

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
Re: Jedi Minstrel Customs II "SOON!"
« Reply #188 on: February 12, 2012, 04:33:33 PM »
Soon!  I'm completing a set of customs for the "Tri-Site-Custom-SWOTOR contest" and can't wait to finish.  With a new baby, it's hard to make the time.  But I'm not complaining.  The baby is beautiful.

Offline botwt

• Brigadier
    • Botwt's Star Wars Figure Collection
Re: Jedi Minstrel Customs II "SOON!"
« Reply #189 on: February 12, 2012, 05:19:28 PM »
Congrats on the newborn, Joe! :)

Very nice Jedi BTW! :)

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
Re: Jedi Minstrel Customs II "The Old Republic" 3/18/12
« Reply #190 on: March 18, 2012, 09:53:15 AM »
Well here are my entries for the joint site contest Imperial Ship Yards, Echo Base, and Yakface are doing.  I haven't decided which to go with.  I might mix and match, though.  Let me know.

The Nisan family is an old Jedi family.  They were one of the last families of the Jedi Order before reforms disallowed Jedi families and extreme detachment became part of Jedi doctrine.  Sep Nisan was not a Jedi Guardian too long when Endy Kepo achieved Knighthood.  They were assigned to work together on several missions.  Eventually, the two fell in love, married and had a baby.  Their daughter, Marianna, was strong in the Force.  Sep and Endy both became Sentinels about the time Marianna was able to travel with them as their Padawan.

A bit of a rogue, Sep Nisan was still considered a candidate for the Nisan Clan Council.  The Nisan Clan included both Force-sensitive and non-Force-sensitive members.  There was harmony in the clan regardless of the issues of the galaxy after the Treaty of Coruscant.  Sep often questioned actions of the Council as it, at times, conflicted with tenets of the Jedi Order.  He could only do what was expected of him on his missions for the Order.

Order was always a part of Endy’s life.  Organization was second nature to her as she would conduct her life and role as a Jedi with precision and attention to detail.  Few had reason to question her.  Her reputation would precede her and many situations were easily resolved when many heard Endy Nisan was on her way.

Mac, as was Marianna’s nickname, grew to become a powerful Jedi.  She was given many missions that earned her the respect of her parents, the Jedi Council, and even the Sith.  On her early travels, she befriended a Twi’lek smuggler by the name of Osta’zes.  Mac wondered if Osta was Force-sensitive as well.  Osta always was in the right place to help pull Mac out of many situations.  

Decades after the attack on the Jedi Temple, the Sith still clashed with Jedi on various planets along the Republic/Imperial borders.  Many of these were led by Sith warlords.  Among them, Darth Shrotan was one of the most ruthless.  Darth Shrotan became a nemesis of the Nisan family.  He was responsible for attacks on the home planet of the Nisan clan, killing some notable Jedi.  Mac took to ridding the galaxy of Darth Shrotan but was warned by her parents to tread carefully because they felt her quest would take her to the Dark Side.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 09:55:41 AM by Jedi Minstrel »

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #191 on: March 18, 2012, 09:55:12 AM »
Here are the other two pics.  There are more posted on the thread about the contest.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #192 on: March 18, 2012, 12:33:03 PM »
Hey Joe, comgratulationson the new addition.  That Jedi robe idea sounds like a lot of fun.  Really love your contest entries.  Very diverse and unique.  Adding the baby was a great idea.  Very well executed figures.

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #193 on: March 18, 2012, 12:44:49 PM »
Hey Joe, comgratulationson the new addition.  That Jedi robe idea sounds like a lot of fun.  Really love your contest entries.  Very diverse and unique.  Adding the baby was a great idea.  Very well executed figures.

Thank You!  I'm considering using Osta'zes, Darth Shrotan, and either Endy Nisan as a Jedi Guardian or Sep Nisan as a Jedi Sentinel as my official entries.  Regardless, this is what my family would look like if we were Jedi from the Old Republic.  That or I'd be a bar keep at cantina in the middle of some suburb on Coruscant where Republic soldiers, cops, senate guards, and the occasional Jedi hang out.  Similar to the Kraget where Kal Skirata and Jaller Obrim share meals.  Imagine what dart contests would be like.  Hehe.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #194 on: March 18, 2012, 06:57:36 PM »
Congrats Joe! I also love your contest entry!