Author Topic: New Star Wars Purchases  (Read 385880 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: New Star Wars Purchases
« Reply #3195 on: June 27, 2022, 12:54:03 AM »
Nice additions to your collection, Clint! I got a Bo Katan on discount for 12€ instead of 20.99€ last Saturday.
Fortunately the one with the best paint apps had the biggest crease as well - good for me because I wanted to open her anyways. Love those ARC Troopers and can't get enough repaints of that tooling!
Can't believe we finally got Bib and Lobot. What a time to be a collector...thanks for sharing your latest haul!

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #3196 on: July 12, 2022, 04:31:04 AM »
These perfumes were sold a a drug store chain here in Germany similar to Walgreens.
Back then you could get them in 40 ml and 60 ml bottles starting at 8.99€ if I remember correctly. That was 8 years ago and it seems the rest was sold to different resellers on a margin.
You can find them on ebay now for about 8€ and FREE shipping. And shipping alone is somewhere around 5€ here by now.

So I'm glad that I got the EMPIRE scent again, which I really like.

The bottle itself is awesome to use as diorama element as well!

I once gave the JEDI version to my brother which smells really good, too. Never tried the AMIDALA one, though.

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #3197 on: July 12, 2022, 04:46:43 PM »
I have no doubt that they smell better than a lot of the "crap" dudsney has been putting out.
Nice find by the way.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #3198 on: July 16, 2022, 08:38:55 AM »
Thank you so much DarthHawk! Your comments saved many of my days whenever I read them. I couldn't find those perfumes on my research so I guess they're not sold in the USA. They're made in France and my ex gf gave the Empire one to me. It's the kind of SW merchandise I wouldn't buy myself and I'm glad she got it for me because I actually really like it. If you want I can get them all for you. Just let me know.

Speaking of Dudsney: I'm listening to Mr Mouse in South Park as I'm writing this. A friend of mine recommended me those episodes in which South Park roasts Disney. It would be even funnier if it wasn't ruining so much I once cared for.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2022, 08:40:33 AM by Darth More »

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #3199 on: July 16, 2022, 08:46:01 AM »
On my way to SmythsToys I picked up this lot of 20 figures for 80€ today. The pre-owner told me that he got all his figures from Toys "R" Us back in the days. They just had the best selection of them all here in Germany. Good memories...

« Last Edit: July 16, 2022, 11:57:13 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #3200 on: July 16, 2022, 11:51:21 AM »
Nice stuff Phil,

I haven't seen that many nice TCW Figures in awhile.

Cologne looks great too. I didn't know they made stuff like that.

When I got home from vacation I had a few boxes. Some dinged some not. Pictures soon.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #3201 on: July 16, 2022, 12:01:57 PM »
Thanks Tamer! So good to see you being back, again! I'm especially happy to have that TCW 3-Pack with CT Hardcase now...more clankers are always welcome, too! It's time for me to get back to customizing.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3202 on: July 17, 2022, 08:16:48 AM »
Took a few images of my latest purchases from Disney and the boxes I had waiting when I got home.

And here is how I got my BS George (replacement coming):

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #3203 on: July 17, 2022, 09:12:12 AM »
What are those discs in the first picture? Coasters? They look quite nostalgic - I like them.

Sergeant Kreel is definitely the best of the wave. I so hope Hasbro bring back comic figures to 3.75" as well. The Comic Packs were epic and it's a shame they stopped making them.

Those TVC figures look as if they arrived in perfect condition this time! Isn't Shae Vizla a true beauty now that she's been updated? Day and night in my opinion!
Are you going to open that Tatooine Boba Fett?

R2-W50 looks nice and shiny - just like I imagine a Royal Droid to look like. The card stayed in pristine condition, too! Disney really got the license to print money with their Droid Factory. I so wish they were easier to acquire...

Poor George...that card is in perfect condition to open up and give George some air.
The delivery service should refund you the money to get another one.

Thanks for sharing your latest treasures!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3204 on: July 18, 2022, 07:09:11 AM »
What are those discs in the first picture? Coasters?

They are coasters from Oga's Cantina. They are free. I think there are two more variations I didn't get, but our waitress wasn't very patient so I didn't ask for the other two. She was not mean, but a little pushy as the place was very busy. They had a Rancor Claw Flight set I almost got, but 85 bucks for a flight with Rancor Claw looking glasses seemed a bit much to me.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3205 on: July 26, 2022, 04:22:47 AM »
Have a few things I got in the last couple of days. Glad to report my latest pulse box showed up ok.

Went to Halmark and saw they had new ornaments. When this one played the music I just put it in the cart:

Another disney purchase I forgot to show (kinda blurry):

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #3206 on: July 27, 2022, 10:48:15 AM »
Very nice additions to your collection, Shawn! Hallmark sure know what collectors want. That Razor Crest is going to look awesome on your Christmas tree!

I got 18 magazines of the official German Star Wars Fan Club from a member in Berlin. 2 Vader comic were also part of the set for 40€ shipped:

They contain some interesting articles from the very moved time between 2012 and 2013 and go 'til 2017. What a hype that was when the Sequel Trilogy was confirmed by Disney in 2013...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3207 on: July 28, 2022, 06:13:57 AM »
That is a nice set of magazines.

I got this in the mail yesterday. Can you believe this is the third replacement for Shennec and they still sent her like this? At least it is not creased and I can bend it out safely.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #3208 on: July 30, 2022, 12:31:05 PM »
Oh noooo! What happened to Fennec?! George looks good though and I'm envious that you got that Shore Trooper Pack! It's sold out everywhere here in Germany...glad you secured one for your collection  :D

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #3209 on: July 30, 2022, 12:40:51 PM »
Yesterday, I finally drove home for summer break and could open all the stuff that had arrived over the past 3 months:

Won two auctions on ebay and paid 129€ for this lot including a Tantive IV hallway!

4 Clone Troopers for 20€ shipped. The best thing about this small lot is the Clone Trooper with the 501st helmet so that I could complete the TVC 501st Clone Trooper which I got with another lot a couple years ago. Definitely one of the luckiest finds in my collecting history!

Got this sealed cup set for 18€ shipped. The nostalgia just kicked too hard when I saw this set which I had almost forgotten about. Takes me back to where it all started with my collecting addiction back in 2005. Good times.

Found 7 repainted Ewoks for 35€ and got that Rebel Commando Soldier for 2.99€ from a power seller on ebay. It was missing the coat, which I just took from another incomplete Commando Soldier. The Ewok with the helmet reminds me of the bears that came with Kellogg's cereal back in the 90's.

6 WOTC Clones for 14€ shipped. There's a seller on ebay who claims 200 bucks for that 501st Trooper alone! Crazy...