Author Topic: New Star Wars Purchases  (Read 385808 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: New Star Wars Purchases
« Reply #1110 on: May 09, 2012, 05:02:50 AM »
I have heard those were starting to show up. At least some good news for folks. Alas, I am only interested in that Malgus Wave and think it will be spotty at best. Hasbro just has to correct these distribution issues.

Offline FlakBait

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1111 on: May 09, 2012, 04:44:07 PM »
Got seriously lucky Monday night at TRS

Nice score doc, seen remnants of that wave at TRS the other day.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1112 on: May 12, 2012, 08:59:12 AM »

I came out of the woods from hunting this morning and blew off a fishing rodeo to buy some Mothers Day Gift. Well of course I went by the pegs and low and behold the Evezan Wave was in. I think this was the one after the Malgus Wave so I still have no idea where it is, but it was nice to find new stuff.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #1113 on: May 12, 2012, 09:49:57 AM »
Nice score with that Nom Anor!  Him, Malgus, and still Bastilla Shan are the only figures I'm actively looking for these days, and trying to find these carded figures mint is near impossible!

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #1114 on: May 12, 2012, 10:03:55 AM »
Ooooh, nice catch!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1115 on: May 12, 2012, 11:15:30 AM »
some of these are promised to Yarders, but I am not gonna keep any of em. I will put whats left up in the star wars for sale thread at cost (8.96 plus tax) when I check with the folks that I said I would look for these for. Right now I know for sure that Fordo is Sprys, but look for the for sale thread.

The way I see it, the only way we are going to get what we need is if WE ALL BUY THE NEW FIGURES whether we want them or not and then later on that person we score a good one for can perhaps hook us up with what we need. Oh, btw, these all came from Wally World.

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #1116 on: May 12, 2012, 12:29:43 PM »
The only thing I've done is preorder the upcoming Starkiller wave 6-pk from BBTS...there seems to be NO way that local retail here in Dayton, OH is going to come through for me.

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1117 on: May 12, 2012, 12:41:19 PM »
I hear you JM, I am probably gonna have to try and get my Malgus from an etailer or ebay, but at over 40 bucks a pop for that figure alone I may just throw myself on the mercy of the Yarders who do get lucky. They haven't let me down, not one time!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1118 on: May 12, 2012, 01:02:14 PM »
Holy cow, Shawn, you did good at your store. I checked three stores here in florida and only came up with some joe odds and ends. Would you believe that I found a cobra shock trooper at a Walgreens of alll places.

Offline JLaban4

• Commodore
  • The only good lizard, is a dead lizard.
    • Follow this link to see my customs and other videos
« Reply #1119 on: May 12, 2012, 02:11:58 PM »

I came out of the woods from hunting this morning and blew off a fishing rodeo to buy some Mothers Day Gift. Well of course I went by the pegs and low and behold the Evezan Wave was in. I think this was the one after the Malgus Wave so I still have no idea where it is, but it was nice to find new stuff.

Nice find! I've never seen any of them in store.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1120 on: May 12, 2012, 06:20:09 PM »
Holy cow, Shawn, you did good at your store. I checked three stores here in florida and only came up with some joe odds and ends. Would you believe that I found a cobra shock trooper at a Walgreens of alll places.

Hey Clint, how goes the Honeymoon? Good to hear from you. Yeah, I was surprised to see them. Figured the Yarders would want em.

Offline JediMindtrix

• Jedi Knight
  • Captain
  • "These aren't the droids you're looking for."
« Reply #1121 on: May 12, 2012, 06:46:11 PM »
Great score.I myself have been buying them from eBay,and at the most relatively cheapest prices I can find,though I'm going out hunting tomorrow to see what I can dig up after seeing what's here in FL.I'm also ordering the starkiller wave from EE,that seems to be the most reasonable price here on the web,only prob is I'm going to Celebration VI a week or two after that wave hits so I'm not sure what to do.Either wait to see if that wave is at CVI,or just go ahead,and order them.I was disappointed at CV for the lack of new figures vendors were missing that year,so I doubt things have changed.I usually run into the same vendors I've been dealing with over the years,and I can haggle fairly well,and they know me as a regular so I may be able to score a great deal while I'm out there.  bbfet Question,will anyone need the Bom Vimdon,Wedge Antillies,Oddball,or Bariss Offee from that wave? When I receive that wave,I'm selling those 4 figures either to you guys for what I get 'em for,or on eBay for a slightly inflated price,hit me up if you want those 4 figures in July when I get that wave.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 09:58:04 PM by JediMindtrix »

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #1122 on: May 12, 2012, 07:00:25 PM »
I'm interested in giving Bariss a good home.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1123 on: May 13, 2012, 08:23:01 AM »
Yeah, the great thing from EE too is that they never argue with you over sending back items too. If they show up damaged, get the return number, and try again. I like them for that. I need to go get some of those later vintage waves up in our EE Thread for other folks who might be interested too.

Doc, I also saw Aayla Secura and Baris Offee yesterday too, but didn't know anyone wanted those. I could look if you want me too, but JMT looks like his is a done deal too. The way I see it, if we want new figures even those of us who don't want some of those new ones need to pick em up and establish some trades or sales or something along those lines. You never know when you will need the help too is my motto.

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #1124 on: May 13, 2012, 12:44:44 PM »
Oh, wow, yeah - I've not seen Secura *or* Offee in the wild.  Definitely interested in them if you see them again!