Author Topic: Science Team Tau: Issue 1  (Read 1936 times)

Offline smeagol92055

• Global Moderator
  • Colonel
    • Smeagol's Art Blog!
Re: Science Team Tau: Issue 1
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2014, 12:23:25 PM »
So far in my comic, I've been putting things together piecemeal in Photoshop. It's pretty easy to do, just slap in a few textures at different angles to give the illusion of a couple of walls, a floor, and a roof. Rooms are easy. What ISN'T easy is maintaining any sort of consistency from page to page when you do it this way... so today, I'm going BACK over the pages I've already done and physically (well, digitally,) rendering the environments out in 3D so that I have some consistent 'sets' for my scenes. It's time-consuming, but it's also really really worth it, as it shaves about an hour off of my time later when I'm making my pages.

Since I'm taking the time to make the models by hand, I'm making them the correct scale as well. This will help when I have questions about characters' eyelines, as Sketchup has convenient 2D models for reference purposes. Just pop one in, and you'll see exactly how a person of a given height would interact with the set.

Next up, I have to texture the station and add in fine details, like windows and things.
I have altered the action figure. Pray I don't alter it further.