Author Topic: Shroud of Darkness Episode 1: The Shroud of Darkness  (Read 6288 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Commander
Re: Shroud of Darkness Episode 1: The Shroud of Darkness
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2013, 11:47:40 AM »
I think that Lance has some good points -- there's a ton of political discussions here -- which I personally don't mind -- I think what makes it flow so well is partially how it's written, but mostly due to the amazing photography.  Some photonovel series could not get away with so much "down time discussions" between senators, Jedi, etc. 

That being said, I actually enjoy the back and forth discussions between the characters -- action scenes are a lot of fun, but I like when storytelling doesn't rely on explosions and all that.  As long as it's easy to read, at least. 

If there was one thing that I'd change, it would be the Chancellor's desk.  I think with some experimenting with styrene you could make something that looks much more smooth and fitting in with the rest of your chapter.  I'd also invest in another Stormtrooper or two so they are uniform if you have any other "visions of the future."

Other than that, I loved it!!

0/

Offline CloneCrazy

• Commander
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2013, 01:41:40 PM »
Thanks Chewie!!! I agree with you 100%. I actually did see where Lance was coming from and knew some folks wouldn't care for the lack of explosions in this chapter. However, I felt we provided a high quality episode with a lot of depth and intrigue. I'm glad you think we were able to pull it off in an enjoyable fashion!!! The desk was made out of foamcore as per the recipe on frank's diorama workshop, but we used a duller knife than we should have and that lead to the rough edges. I'll have to get the wallet ready for more stormies, that's a Pandora's box!!! Thanks again!!!  ()rr

Offline CloneCrazy

• Commander
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2013, 05:37:00 PM »

COMING MONDAY, JULY 1ST TO THE ISY FORUMS
 STAR WARS THE CLONE WARS SHROUD OF DARKNESS EPISODE 2: HOMEFRONT
[/b]

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2013, 10:38:35 AM »
The explosions are there - you just have to look for them!  Great installment!

Offline CloneCrazy

• Commander
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2013, 07:36:55 PM »
Thanks Doc!!!! I appreciate your notice of the explosions of drama and intrigue!!!