Author Topic: February No Paint Kit Bash Contest  (Read 34871 times)

Offline artilarytrooper321

• Commander
  • take that techno-union ship down men
Re: February No Paint Kit Bash Contest
« Reply #105 on: February 22, 2011, 06:16:37 AM »
cant wait to see these

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #106 on: February 22, 2011, 06:41:02 AM »
I like most of these Doc, the the Echo Station gals have caught my attention the most. The first one is a dead ringer for a certain gal who fired the biggest Rebel Gun during the Battle of Hoth. We need more Echo Base Personnel period and more gals. For the life of me I don't know why they don't make more.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #107 on: February 22, 2011, 06:57:59 AM »
Clint that is a Corran Horn head from the WM droid 2 packs. He came as a pilot with hasbro's "fake whistler" atromech that is also in the shot. I hear you Tamer and agree.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #108 on: February 22, 2011, 07:52:57 AM »
Tamer, when I put that girl together, I *immediately* said, "That's Ion Control!!"  Hot on the heels of that thought was, "Wait til Tamer sees her!!"  She's dead easy - Medical Frigate Leia head on the new Hoth Leia body.  I'm going to get a computer console and chair from slayerdesignstudio.com (masters made by Delaton from Yakface.com!) and set her at it.  We've had some nice Hoth personnel in the past, but they've left some distinct gaps in coverage.  I'm looking forward to the upcoming Hoth trooper, for that reason.  I wish they'd give us a "baseball cap" Hoth tech.  (I may need to get another couple of those Hoth Leias so I can leave the headswaps...)

Yep, that's my shot at a Corran Horn from Rogue Squadron in something other than flight gear.  (Just three bodies - I remember having another, but I couldn't find him yesterday - I guess he's over in one of the storage trailers.  It's a GREAT figure!)

That new Rebel Commando head looks MEAN!  I love it!  When I saw him on the card, I knew I had to have him.

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #109 on: February 22, 2011, 10:24:56 AM »
Doc, I love your entries bro. I love the chicks and all the Luke variations.

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #110 on: February 22, 2011, 03:14:19 PM »
Doc, great characters!  Are they auditioning at an open tryout for Bespin Luke?  lvva

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #111 on: February 22, 2011, 03:18:19 PM »
Here's a mercenary I put together a while back: he'll hunt anything for credits and a gallon of blue milk!

head = John D. Branon (rebel pilot -- EVO 5-pk)
torso, arms = Talon Karrde
legs/feet = McQuarrie Concept Luke Skywalker
belt = Marvel Winter Soldier
shoulder/chest armor = Galen Marek/Secret Apprentice (EVO 3-pk)
hand rifle = HK-47 B-A-D
machete = some GIJoe fig???
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 05:07:33 AM by JediMerc »

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #112 on: February 22, 2011, 03:22:59 PM »
Doc, I totally agree with you about the lack of gals period and after seeing yours and with L.E. pushing me I decided to finally make some additions to this thread. Now, they ain't much, a head swap here and a part swap there, but I sure did like how they turned out. I know one thing, it made me wish I had bought more snow bunny Padme heads! I might have to send it to Clint to see if he can make more as they seem to fit most of the smaller head sockets. Ok here goes

First up is my Mando Gal. She needs some paint, but turned out alright if you can believe in a flat chested Mandolarian female.

Second up I decided to try that head on the new At-At Commander but the helmet on that one stinks and how in the heck you get the googles to go anywhere is beyond me, but the head sure does fit nicely on the new removeable helmet At-At Driver.

Then, I found out that the helmet socket of the legacy bearded rebel trooper was almost a perfect match and the hat fit on pretty daggone great too. Now the factory paint job on the hat ain't worth a flip, but with treatment by you guys here we have our first female outside Hoth Rebel Trooper.

Finally, one I have been wanting to try forever is an AT-AT Gunner. Besides the Hoth Outside Rebel Trooper Gal this one sure did get my attention and is my favorite of the bunch. I think my wife about had a heart attack when she came into my den to see me drilling on one of my Drivers and Snowtroopers. I need everyone's opinion on whether to keep the pauldron on or take it off. Sorry I took so many pics, but this was my first real custom! I plan on doing a bit more to this one in the future, but wanted to show it.

Sorry that list pic is blurry, but it showed the pauldron the best. That gunner is also screaming for one of Clint's new vizored atat driver helmets too. Ok, I am done. I have to admit it was rather fun just playing for the last two hours and saying I was customizing!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 03:32:42 PM by Tamer »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #113 on: February 22, 2011, 03:52:34 PM »
Will wonders never cease? Am I seeing right here?? Tamer, you old dog, you have been customizing! I had to do a double take when I seen that you had mounted that driver airbox to that snowtrooper's body! I like how you used that snowbunny head so effectivly and then the gunners.............. I love them! I do like the pauldron on the snowtrooper body but think that it needs the smaller helmet to look right. That or some carving out of the bottom side of the pauldron to make it sit lower would help.

I still can't believe it.  My friend, you have taken your first step into a bigger world.

I just had to put this on the front page.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 04:54:44 PM by Clonehead »

Offline NightStalker

• The Wolfpack.
  • Cadet
  • Can't quit, don't die.
« Reply #114 on: February 22, 2011, 05:23:39 PM »
That Snow Trooper/Pilot looks excellent! Creative to mount a heavy MG, On a droid.
Can't quit, don't die.

Offline von reinhardt

• Evilive
  • Commander
    • bountyhunterreinhard
« Reply #115 on: February 22, 2011, 06:05:27 PM »
very cool mate, this hobby is so much fun.....

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #116 on: February 22, 2011, 06:25:53 PM »
I sure can see your points about the removeable helmet for the driver. Gonna need some of your regular versions of that too I am guessing.

Well not I am on the fp for a custom? I guess I need to start a thread.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #117 on: February 22, 2011, 06:47:36 PM »
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH HHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!  Shawn's been indocterinated, he's been coerced, he's been broken, he's now one of us!!!!!  Now your wife can make comments on how creepy it is to take the limbs off of toys, and "stop cooking your toys in my good pots!"  Welcome to the fold, my friend, they look great!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #118 on: February 22, 2011, 07:01:08 PM »
Oh my I have a huge smile on my face! I have nagged Tamer enough that he had to come through with several customs. Very nice looking female Mando, even if she is a member of the IBTC. Love that head you put on the AT-AT Driver. Such a good sculpt and paint job straight from the factory. The next one I will be copying, Love the female Hoth Soldier. Then my favorite one is the AT-AT Gunner! As Clint said great job with the chest mount and great call as the figure makes perfect sense.  It is great to say Clint and my combined efforts got you to do your first customs. Well done!

also like seeing the concept speeder in the background and it looks like a Snow Speeder with a custom paint ap? What is the story on that one?

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #119 on: February 22, 2011, 07:18:41 PM »
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!   ;D

I announced "TAMER made a custom!!" and all three kids *left their movie* to come look and *my* wife said, "TAMER???"

;D  You have a reputation around Outland Station, it seems...

Pauldron looks good - I'm with Clint, shave down the underside so it sits lower.

On the Hoth Girl, I wonder if any other Hoth hats are small enough to fit snugly?  I actually don;t have that head (snowbunny Padme), so I might have to run to town tomorrow and pick up the last one they have.  That way, I'll be able to go thru my Hoth gear and check fits.  Failing that, we might have to hollow out a smaller "one-piece" head and cast the cap.