Author Topic: XTS_Operative Battle Diorama Update!!!! 10/21/2013  (Read 16728 times)

Offline YakFace

• Commander
Re: XTS_Operative New Acquisitions and diorama plans!!!!
« Reply #90 on: November 20, 2012, 12:37:58 PM »
Cool stuff! Love that cannon you scored totally looks like a SW weapon. Im glad to hear your Jabba dio went to a proper home, make me one next. ;)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #91 on: November 23, 2012, 06:02:21 PM »
Great news on the Diorama giveaway/scavenger hunt and 1/6 gun is a great piece.

Ron

Offline benjani_1976

• Colonel
  • Banksy = star wars LEGEND
« Reply #92 on: November 30, 2012, 05:49:31 AM »
That's a 'big ass' cannon,that would look good in a Kashyyk setting with trando's, wookies and delta squad planting charges on it.

Great acquisition

Offline ShamanLogRay

• Colonel
  • Greetings from the UK! :)
« Reply #93 on: November 30, 2012, 03:32:02 PM »
I looked that cannon up on E Bay, its about £40 worth! Well done! :)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #94 on: December 02, 2012, 09:51:29 AM »
Looks great. It would make a great Death Star of Star Destroyer Turbo Laser Battery.

Offline XTS_Operative

• Ensign
Re: XTS_Operative Battle Diorama!!!!
« Reply #95 on: June 28, 2013, 09:55:40 PM »
Hi Fellas,

I can't believe its been since December that I have thought about any new diorama work. I was having writers block in another area of my creative outlets, and I just suddenly got the itch to start a diorama I've been planning to do for a couple of years now. Here are the pics of the work in progress. Doesn't look like much yet, but I imagine you can see where I'm going with this.

Before contouring...

My Golans...

They'll get a little better when I have time to work on them. I used toy parts from a $1.00 bubble blowing kit I bought from Krogers. The lid of the bubble mix is the entry hatch. The gun barrel is also from the kit. The rest of the Golan is made from leftover polystyrene from a previous dio, and the body is a pair of cheap cups I found on clearance at wal-mart (I think they were New England Patriots cups made in hopes of winning Super Bowl XLVI).

Just the foam-core base before plastering. Any ideas on a relatively cheap method for contouring used in model railroading?

« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 10:06:10 PM by XTS_Operative »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: XTS_Operative Battle Diorama!!!! 06/29/2013
« Reply #96 on: June 29, 2013, 05:00:06 AM »
Looks good so far to me. Back on the front page.

Offline darthwalls

• Cadet
« Reply #97 on: June 29, 2013, 04:06:51 PM »
Looking good! Great job on the gun turrets. What type of drum hardware do I spy in the background?

Offline XTS_Operative

• Ensign
« Reply #98 on: June 29, 2013, 05:15:43 PM »
Looking good! Great job on the gun turrets. What type of drum hardware do I spy in the background?

That would be a Tama set.  8). Those belong to my drummer. Aside from a workroom for my dios, a place for my car to sleep, and a gym, my garage is also our bandroom.

Thanks for the recognition on the front page Tamer  I hope this looks really cool when its done.

Offline darthwalls

• Cadet
« Reply #99 on: July 01, 2013, 05:02:43 PM »
That's what I thought, I have a Tama set and thought I recognized it.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #100 on: July 26, 2013, 01:14:52 PM »
Ah yea! I love to see a new Hoth diorama coming together! Way to think outside the box and create from scratch the piece that you need. Any new work on this?

Offline XTS_Operative

• Ensign
Re: XTS_Operative Battle Diorama UPDATE!!!! 07/27/2013
« Reply #101 on: July 26, 2013, 09:29:01 PM »
Ah yea! I love to see a new Hoth diorama coming together! Way to think outside the box and create from scratch the piece that you need. Any new work on this?

Thanks for looking Spry! I still lurk around here on ISY and admire everyone's work, but I haven't done too much work on the battle dio. But here is what I have so far. Like in that Beatles song, "Life is what happens while you are making other plans." Hopefully I'll knock the rest out pretty soon. I did my first coat of plaster cloth, and intend to do a little more plastering in weak areas (or that just don't look right). I've posed the figures just so I can get an idea of what it will look like when all is said and done.

I'm actually going to try to do an alien world that has not been seen before. Before all is said and done, I will paint the plaster and create ground cover. I am going to do a painting in the top of the closet to provide background (the part that will probably take the most work). The story is Vader and his forces have invaded this world to combat lingering mercenaries allied with rebel forces. The mercenary troops wear vintage clone trooper armor (because it was all they could get their hands on). Anyway, its far from done. I will also flesh out the story a lot more once the work is done. Here are my current pics:

I like the AT-AT driver figures and the commander a lot, so I wanted to make sure to include them in the action.

This T-47 was given to me by a KSWCC member. It was all beat up and missing parts, so I took some extra gun parts from a B-Wing and mounted them where the original guns were missing. There won't be a canopy, since I will simulating an explosion in that area. The visible wires will light the LEDs.

I dremeled the bottom out so I could fit the battery holder. The T-47 will be in the process of "crashing." >:D

« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 09:31:49 PM by XTS_Operative »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: XTS_Operative Battle Diorama Update!!!! 07/27/2013
« Reply #102 on: July 27, 2013, 06:50:33 AM »
Wow, now that is what I call an update. Time to go to the other pages with said news.

Offline JTrooper

• Master Toy Maker
  • Colonel
  • Mater Toy Maker
Re: XTS_Operative Battle Diorama Update!!!! 07/27/2013
« Reply #103 on: August 08, 2013, 07:46:25 AM »
Like the snow dio's alot

Offline XTS_Operative

• Ensign
Re: XTS_Operative Battle Diorama Update!!!! 10/21/2013
« Reply #104 on: October 21, 2013, 06:10:58 AM »
Here is my completed Battle Diorama. This is a Star Wars/Wheel of Time Crossover diorama. It's set during the period of the Galactic Empire. The mercanaries are my Star Wars version of the "Band of the Red Hand," who are fighting alongside the rebels. Here is a video about my latest diorama and my diorama closet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ulxook97Cz8

This is the band of the red hand. I thought it would be cool if the mercanaries wore "vintage" armor. Cad Bane is playing the role of Matrim Cauthon, who in the story wears a wide brimmed hat, a scarf to cover his wounds, and carries an ashandari (which I guess is kind of like a staff with a large blade on one end). The ashandari here is a vibroblade.