Imperial Bulletin > Conventions & Events

Tamer goes to Galaxy's Edge

<< < (3/3)

Darth More:
So cool to see that they make it such a unique experience at Savi's even though the frequency of people building their own lightsaber must be high. As far as I know the employees there don't sound as if they're tired of repeating the same phrases over and over again.
I also like the designs both of you chose for your lightsabers! It's hard to believe that they even have to reject people willing to throw 200 bucks into their throats. It must be byond frustrating to be turned away after paying $100 just to enter the park. Well, makes me even happier that you guys were lucky enough to enter Savi's workshop! I'm sure the memories you made there together are just priceless!

Tamer:

--- Quote from: Darth More on July 21, 2022, 02:00:51 AM --- I'm sure the memories you made there together are just priceless!

--- End quote ---

That is it more than anything Phil. It is a family experience of almost creating an "heirloom" item. I think the biggest thing is just remembering the sheer joy my daughter had doing this and being in the park that day. It was so worth the $110 a saber to do this.

And the sabers are just so sturdy (mostly made of metal). We are now trying to decide where in the house to display these and how to do it which will turn into another good family memory.

The only bad memory I took away from our day there was the folks who were spending twice this amount on Legacy Sabers (which were nice, but nowhere near the quality of the Savi's) and were enviously eyeing those with the black saber bags (meaning you had a Savi's Saber). Some were trying to buy them at double the price, but I didn't see one person sell theirs.

One big thing about a Disney Trip is prior planning. You just have to get all your stuff reserved as soon as you get your park trip dates. This is one of the things you just can't show up and hope to get in line for. I just have to credit my daughter with being our trip coordinator. She set up our days and knew where we needed to be and at what times and she had such a good time coordinating all that too.

I will load up the Droid Workshop next!

Darth More:
Hey, $110 for a custom made lightsaber at Savi's is actually a good deal in my opinion. I thought it was $200. It's also a nice surprise that most components are made of metal alloys. Thought only the core case was metal and the shell parts of plastic.
So one has to sign up for Savi's workshop prior entrance?

Tamer:

--- Quote from: Darth More on July 21, 2022, 08:41:45 AM ---So one has to sign up for Savi's workshop prior entrance?

--- End quote ---

Yep, basically Disney works 60 days out. So you can book what stuff you want to do then.

For those who are going to Disney it would behoove you to do some research on what you want to do and what you want to eat as Dinner reservations and many activities are reservation only and if you don't sign up at your first oppurtunity you will probably not be able to schedule them (and not do them as a result).

We were ready to roll at 7am when it opened 60 days early and were able to book what we wanted, but Savi's was our first book. I would recommend that you start with that as those reservations fill up quickly. The build a droid was pretty much the same way too.

For those who have any questions just post em here and I will be glad to answer them. For Disney there is definitely a learning and price curve for everything!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version