Imperial Bulletin > Conventions & Events

Tamer goes to Galaxy's Edge

(1/3) > >>

Tamer:
Well I just got back from a vacation to Disney World and wanted to write up a few things about the trip while they are still fresh in my memory as I know it will fade. It will take me a few days to get this totally populated with my review and images so thanks for your patience as I try and get it all down.

I will start with saying that I think every Star Wars Fan needs to go and spend a day here, regardless of your views on the sequels and Disney in general. I do not like the sequels and can only remotely say Disney is barely keeping the line alive (bascially because of the Mandalorian), but I loved this. It was perhaps the best outting I think my daughter and I have ever had. I don't know who had a bigger smile on their face the whole day, me or her, but I will cherish this memory with her forever.

I have a lot more to write, but this will get us started. I will also have separate posts about Savi's Lightsaber Workshop and Droid Depot. We each built a saber and a droid and had a blast with that as well. I will also try to give a review on the two rides there (Rise of the Resistance and Smuggler's Run) as we did those too. Even the food was Star Wars and awesome (Ronto's Wraps I will miss). I thought I would spend the day just picking it apart and hating it like I pretty much do the sequels, but the entirely immersive experience just works.

More pics and words to follow.

The Spectre:
Looks like you had an awesome time!

If I had known you were going, I would have given you a list of stuff to pick up for me  ;D

Darth More:
Those are beautiful pictures! I like the second one especially! They really put some serious effort into this scenery with the rocks and all the differently sized towers in the background. It gives the landing bay a certain depth so that one can think you actually are on a different planet.
Not to mention that you were standing in front of the Millenium Falcon!

I'm glad that you could spend such a good time with your daughter. Family is what matters most in life to me. So it makes me really happy that you could sit back and relax for a week and leave everything else behind.

Tamer:

--- Quote from: The Spectre on July 16, 2022, 04:17:20 PM ---Looks like you had an awesome time!

If I had known you were going, I would have given you a list of stuff to pick up for me  ;D

--- End quote ---

Crap, never even thought about it bud. I sure would have. Disney has this great policy of shipping your stuff home for you too. Since it was too large to fit in our bags (most of it) they ship it with insurance so if it gets broken or damaged they replace it no questions asked!

It cost us 40 bucks to have it all shipped with insurance, but with bag fees alone that was worth it and then some.

Tamer:

--- Quote from: Darth More on July 17, 2022, 12:29:15 AM ---Those are beautiful pictures! I like the second one especially! They really put some serious effort into this scenery with the rocks and all the differently sized towers in the background. It gives the landing bay a certain depth so that one can think you actually are on a different planet.
Not to mention that you were standing in front of the Millenium Falcon!

I'm glad that you could spend such a good time with your daughter. Family is what matters most in life to me. So it makes me really happy that you could sit back and relax for a week and leave everything else behind.

--- End quote ---

Trust me I have about a million images and will get em in here, but thanks.

I so agree about your family statement. I kinda feel like many of the Yarders like you are family now and I wouldn't enjoy half the stuff I do as much as I do without you folks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version