Author Topic: Imperial Shipyards Custom Build-Off contest  (Read 30293 times)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
Re: Imperial Shipyards Custom Build-Off contest
« Reply #195 on: September 12, 2009, 09:08:00 AM »
come on guys where is everyones posts!?!?!  get those suckers in!  don't make this a competition between just us few who have already posted! 

Offline StenHunter

• Captain
  • Support Clone
    • Mypron!
« Reply #196 on: September 12, 2009, 11:35:11 AM »
I am hoping for the sun to come out.. so I can take some pictures of the changes I made this week :\ Right now it's overcast and gloomy out... Though it's california so the weather could change in an instant back to pleasurable, sunny and mild... I'll have my pics in by this evening rain or shine though.

Good luck everyone!!

Why go through life base fig, when you can customize?

Custom Gallary: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMQfrsUZGeCLq5Kn6
Home Page: http://www.mypron.com

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #197 on: September 12, 2009, 03:59:10 PM »
...stay on target...

...stay on target...

....almost...there...

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #198 on: September 12, 2009, 06:45:45 PM »
....almost...there...

(hey - Real Life decided I needed a screwing, so my customizing time these past couple of weeks evaporated.  BUT!!  I am HARD at work to beat this looming deadline!!  I WILL make it!  I will!!)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #199 on: September 12, 2009, 08:26:05 PM »
soooooooooooooo where are those final entries?
hello?

Offline clonetrooper360

• Commander
« Reply #200 on: September 12, 2009, 08:29:27 PM »
I can't maneuver

Stay on target

We're too close

Stay on target

Loosen up!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
May the Force be with you !

Offline StenHunter

• Captain
  • Support Clone
    • Mypron!
« Reply #201 on: September 12, 2009, 09:19:37 PM »
Ok.. Here I go....my official entry into the Imperial Shipyards Custom Build-Off Speeder Contest 2009!!

I bring you the GAR Heavy Scout Speeder, with Heavy Scout Trooper!!!
http://www.mypron.com/ebay/garspeeder.htm

Please take a peek at the link above as it has my "entry" page with lots of images, slide shows, and videos of the custom.

Thank you Shipyarders for one of the best summer contests I've been a part of. I've seen lots of great work here the last 2 months, and I'm sure I'm going to see even more great work to come!

Sten
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 09:41:49 PM by StenHunter »

Why go through life base fig, when you can customize?

Custom Gallary: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMQfrsUZGeCLq5Kn6
Home Page: http://www.mypron.com

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #202 on: September 12, 2009, 09:56:04 PM »
Presenting Laneena Sh'Fallon, professional swoop racer, and her Kanrovian H-712 swoop!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #203 on: September 12, 2009, 10:32:12 PM »
Wow!! Those turned out really great Doc and Sten!! Well worth the wait. We really did see some great stuff here in the last two months, didn't we? Tomorrow, I will get  an entries thread up so that we can see all of em in one place.
Great job to everyone who participated! This has been one cool contest.

Offline r1bb1t

• Custom Fanatic
  • Captain
« Reply #204 on: September 12, 2009, 11:13:39 PM »
After seeing the competition, I realize that I'm officially screwed.
Awesome contributions, everyone. There's alot of cool work presented here.

Barry

MY HOTH DIO VIDEO WIP
feature=share

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #205 on: September 13, 2009, 05:17:58 AM »
Sten Hunter:
DANG man... I clicked on the link and I've got to say guys, DON"T pass that link up! make sure you get a look at ALL the pics he took of this thing.  For the life of me I couldn't figure out what you used to make this speeder out of man!   I figured out that there was a potf speeder in there, and I thought that you might have used an old EU "rebel speeder" but couldn't place the other parts... I made the comment to myself that it also looked alot like a snowmobile...

then I finally got down to this part of your site:

The GAR Heavy Scout Speeder was created by combining a vintage GI Joe Artic Snowmobile and an old POtF Endor Speeder bike. The side armor with twin cannons was taken from a vintage Boba Fett Armored jet pack. I combined the best parts of all of them, and added lots of greebles to accomplish the final look.

haha!  GREAT use of that old POS potf boba backpack too!    I realy like the entire thing man.  The concept is great and the execution of said concept perfect.  I like the fact you compensated in your backstory for the figure not being a clone... my only question is if you planned from the beggining for the rider not to be a "clone" or if you had to make up that story to go along with what figure you had on hand (I find myself doing the latter all the time!).

ALRIGHT DOC....

now you hear me... quit steeling my ideas! lol, no man.. it's great.  I love it.  the bike came out alot better than my crappy version of the same thing.  OF course mine still transforms  :P.   of course my version doesn't have the awesome intake in the front or the great looking motor in the back...  I keep looking at mine and wondering how the heck it got anywhere as it looks like there is no propulsion!  Yours solves that issue flawlessly.
The paint apps and color scheme on the bike is great as well.  You should definately print up some decals with "sponsors" for it!  something like "kuait shipyards" and "MOS eisley Cantina"  would be hilarious slapped on the side of there.

as for the rider....  again, awesome.  I know it's basically just a head swap but the paint apps look great... as great as you could do with that super bright pink!  I'm thinking that maybe you should have made the girl's skin tone more pinkish to match her outfit and tone down the color of it a little bit...  it's very overwhelming. 
And you said the skin tone is green?  from the pics it looks like a pasty off-white, but that might just be me and my monitor....   :P

ok..  sorry if you didn't like the constructive criticism guys, don't let it fool you.  I realy love all these entries!  Every one's entry has subtleties to each that make it exceptionally unique and awesome in their own right!   EVEN YOURS RIBIT! ;) 

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #206 on: September 13, 2009, 05:33:24 AM »
Wow, what entries! I love the pink Twi'lek. She looks great.

Stenhunter, that set up looks sweet. What a great combination of parts from different vehicles.

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #207 on: September 13, 2009, 06:08:15 AM »
very nice guys. Good luck to all!

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #208 on: September 13, 2009, 07:02:24 AM »
as for the rider....  again, awesome.  I know it's basically just a head swap but the paint apps look great... as great as you could do with that super bright pink!  I'm thinking that maybe you should have made the girl's skin tone more pinkish to match her outfit and tone down the color of it a little bit...  it's very overwhelming.
And you said the skin tone is green?  from the pics it looks like a pasty off-white, but that might just be me and my monitor....

The green I used for her skin is called "Italian Sage" and is very pale.  It is a fair match for the lightest green used in a couple of camo patterns, which is why I bought it.  I just applied it straight over Hasbro's color with no priming, so  having that Twi'lek Blue underneath might not be helping much.  And I was definitely going for "eye-popping" when I decided to use the pink.   ;D  It was also selected "Fan's Choice" by a unanimous vote in a  fan-club poll.  Yeah, I superglued mine together, so no more transforming for it!    I wish I'd had some zap-a-gap or something, but I just worked with what I had. 

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #209 on: September 13, 2009, 07:07:56 AM »
Great stuff guys, 

I love that use of the snowmobile, I recognized it at once, It lent it self perfectly to the design. Great job, 

The Twilek is great, love the look and style, the speeder is cool.