Author Topic: Imperial Shipyards Custom Build-Off contest  (Read 30294 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Imperial Shipyards Custom Build-Off contest
« Reply #180 on: September 06, 2009, 07:28:51 PM »
Wow, those bike updates did turn out nice. Time is almost here!

Offline StenHunter

• Captain
  • Support Clone
    • Mypron!
« Reply #181 on: September 08, 2009, 08:03:20 AM »
I'm getting excited to see everyones work that hasn't shown yet!! I am putting the finishing touches on both my rider and my speeder bike. I'm stuck on what type of emblem to put on it, or what type of markings.. it's the only thing missing at this point... That and a little strapping to hold down the some storage.

I also have to pick out a nice backpack for my rider to hold all his goodies.. Should be done in the next couple of days... I've taken some test video, but I'm not willing to share that yet =)

Here's to a wonderful contest!

btw: for those interested, my Elite GT Speeder is up on eBay! =) It was a great byproduct of this contest, but really I need the money!!  O0

Why go through life base fig, when you can customize?

Custom Gallary: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMQfrsUZGeCLq5Kn6
Home Page: http://www.mypron.com

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #182 on: September 08, 2009, 03:09:00 PM »
Throw us up a link in the look what's for sale on eBay thread, Sten.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #183 on: September 08, 2009, 05:46:47 PM »
Yup, I saw it listed.  Saw the thumbnail as I was browsing the "custom*" results and knew I'd seen it listed in here!  Good luck - it's a fine-lookin speeder!

Offline StenHunter

• Captain
  • Support Clone
    • Mypron!
« Reply #184 on: September 08, 2009, 10:44:32 PM »
Thanks guys! link posted in the 4 sale forum

Why go through life base fig, when you can customize?

Custom Gallary: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMQfrsUZGeCLq5Kn6
Home Page: http://www.mypron.com

Offline Frie-leK SlavE

• Cadet
  • Property of Spudafett
« Reply #185 on: September 08, 2009, 11:25:33 PM »
this is actually devin, posting this for my wife dawn.  She is busy with work this week and hasn't had a chance to get the pics taken and get this on here yet.  She told me to get them up here for her and if she has time she'll take more pics and edit whatever I put up.  I'm going to try and remember all the stuff she told me to put up here about the bike and figure.

the figure is made from the new rise of cobra baroness fig.  Dawn says that the rider is a psychic with telechenetic powers (hence the weird eyes).  Basically that's the only info Dawn ever sat down and worked out for the figure's backstory that I can recall...  I'll see if I cant get her to flesh it out a little more for you.

the bike is a conglomeration of scrap imperial speeder bike parts, pvc plumbing pieces, and various other greeblies Dawn scrounged up from the parts piles and other junk laying on the customs table!  She went with the concept that bigger is always better with this one determined to make hers bigger and badder than my stripped down swoop bike custom.  as you can see from the comparison shots, it's a WHOLE lot bigger.

One thing I'd like to point out to everyone is the amount of detail Dawn worked into the engines of this thing.  The wrapped wire and other greeblies work incredibly well together.  I'm still amazed at her ingenuity and part use.  These parts literally were junk I had laying on the table that was ready to be thrown away! 

I know that even if she doesn't win in this contest she is realy proud of her work and is convinced that hers is better than mine! I know that I am still uber impressed with the work she put in on this one and am still amazed at it. 

here are the pics:

here are some comparison shots and some finished dio shots with her bike included

She will definately want to know what you guys think.  I will post this same post in her thread so you can respond to it there and give her all the comments you want to.... this thread is kind of getting jumbled with alot of off-topic stuff.

Offline Darthlvan87

• Cadet
« Reply #186 on: September 09, 2009, 06:27:45 PM »
hey clint can i talk to ya vadsab
Commander Cody The time has come! Execute Order 66!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #187 on: September 09, 2009, 06:39:15 PM »
Hello Logan. I guess that you still haven't figured out the message system here? Alot of people have trouble with it at first. I am about to crash so make it quick.

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #188 on: September 10, 2009, 06:53:44 PM »
Did you modify the head sculpt at all on the Baroness figure?

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #189 on: September 10, 2009, 08:04:42 PM »
B.R.:  Yeah she sliced a little bit off the sides of her chin to give her a little bit more of a pointy face and cut down on the old saggy hag look of the original.  She also chopped up the hair a little bit to give it some more texture.  I had completely forgot that she'd done that.  I wish I still had a stock version of the head to get a comparison pic for ya...

Offline XizorsVirago

• Lieutenant
« Reply #190 on: September 10, 2009, 10:18:27 PM »
Wow, awesome speeder bike! I especially like the spikey things around the back engine area and the handlebars! The part holding the handlebars up looks like it could use a little beefing up, but other than that, everything is perfect! I really like the color scheme too, especially the color on the nose part (upside-down speeder bike, brilliant!), before the front fins. Great work!

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #191 on: September 11, 2009, 07:19:35 AM »
B.R.:  Yeah she sliced a little bit off the sides of her chin to give her a little bit more of a pointy face and cut down on the old saggy hag look of the original.  She also chopped up the hair a little bit to give it some more texture.  I had completely forgot that she'd done that.  I wish I still had a stock version of the head to get a comparison pic for ya...

I wondered because the head sculpt actually looked good.  No need for a comparison shot, I've seen plenty of UGLY Baroness figures on the pegs.  I kept hoping I might find one that looked better.  Heck though, after seeing what you've done I might just take one of those uglies and do the same.  Just use a dremel tool to reshape that face?

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #192 on: September 11, 2009, 11:18:48 AM »
actually she did it with a fresh exacto knife believe it or not...  She's scared of the dremel. lol.  All she did was take it just below the ears and slice diagonally downwards towards the chin cutting through just to the side of the chin and mouth.  Basically she tried to just remove those flabby sagging cheeks.  at first it will look realy bad and very noticable but if you paint over it with fairly thick paint it will cover up the sharp edges a bit.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #193 on: September 12, 2009, 04:30:43 AM »
Time is running out folks. Remember, you have till midnight to get your submissions in. We should see some activity in this thread today.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #194 on: September 12, 2009, 07:11:12 AM »
I am ready to paypal the winner! Who is gonna win? Who is gonna win? Good luck to all those who entered!