Author Topic: The Force Unleashed II  (Read 15033 times)

Offline Mandalore the skepsis

• A simple man
  • Colonel
Re: The Force Unleashed II
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2011, 09:04:54 PM »
You know I blasted this game due too how much I hated the first one.

But I found this game to be very very fun, short, but it was a great game and I loved replaying it.

Offline The Mandalorian

• Mando Lover
  • Lieutenant
  • The Best Mandalorian Ever
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2011, 04:33:21 AM »
2?  I thought he died or something in the first one...  I never got past the first game.  Just resently i picked it back up. 

Yes he does die, but a clone of him is the player character.  This game was awesome, I have it for Wii and I felt really bad for the rancor.  This game needs only one thing, more Boba Fett and bonus missions as him, like where he kills the gorog.  (Read his bio)
Call me master, cause I'm faster on fire.  I no longer have to hotwire, I'm a hunter for hire wit no plans to retire and all the sucka MCs can call me sire!  Screw the Jedi and the Sith.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2018, 01:42:50 PM »
As said in some of the previous comments I was also pleased with the visual effects and the game play. The quality of the graphic effects is good. But I was massively disappointed by the weak story which was not creative and very...strange. It's so sad that great characters (ESPECIALLY VILLAINS) die WAY to soon in STAR WARS...it often seems that LucasArts or Lucasfilm realized that, too, but it often is too late - that's why they have to resurrect characters like Darth Maul...and in TFU II it gets ridiculous...if they run out of good villains they should take good care of them and consider their appearence and role carefully...I mean Phasma was just a joke in TFA...that's why she had to respawn in TLJ, right? I will probably never watch it...

The fact that Hasbro paid so much attention to TFU still impresses me to date. There is no other Star Wars videogame that ever got more attention and dedication than The Force Unleashed...I really enjoyed the first part - got all action figures of it, too, but the second part was a bummer.

- Philipp
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 01:46:45 PM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2018, 05:44:56 AM »
Funny you mention this game. Me and my daughter were dueling on this during a snow day a few weeks ago. I haven't played the storyline through yet. Sounds like I am not missing much.

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2019, 01:07:55 AM »
As said in some of the previous comments I was also pleased with the visual effects and the game play. The quality of the graphic effects is good. But I was massively disappointed by the weak story which was not creative and very...strange. It's so sad that great characters (ESPECIALLY VILLAINS) die WAY to soon in STAR WARS...it often seems that LucasArts or Lucasfilm realized that, too, but it often is too late - that's why they have to resurrect characters like Darth Maul...and in TFU II it gets ridiculous...if they run out of good villains they should take good care of them and consider their appearence and role carefully...I mean Phasma was just a joke in TFA...that's why she had to respawn in TLJ, right? I will probably never watch it...

The fact that Hasbro paid so much attention to TFU still impresses me to date. There is no other Star Wars videogame that ever got more attention and dedication than The Force Unleashed...I really enjoyed the first part - got all action figures of it, too, but the second part was a bummer.

- Philipp

All kinds of right. I'm still playing these ports on the DS and it feels exactly like that. I had watched all the cut scenes a few years ago etc. Soo I already know what the story is.... Snooooze fest...

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2019, 05:59:38 AM »
I played through The Force Unleashed for the third time the last three days and found a pretty neat easter egg...it's been a while and I've never paid that much attention to details before - at least in this game. It was much fun! Collected some neat ideas for future customs, too!

Jar Jar has become part of Captain Ozzik Sturn's private collection on Kashyyyk... ;D

I also recognized that some details (like vehicles -> Hailfire Droid wheels!) are slightly oversized in the game, but I can well live with that!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 03:54:31 AM by Darth More »