Author Topic: thx 1183  (Read 1522 times)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
thx 1183
« on: February 15, 2010, 01:43:31 AM »
one of lucas' other works... one he apparently likes to imortalize by using the number in his films, even star wars...

I watched it on netflix and out of sheer morbid curiosity watched it all the way through.  IT was the "special edition"... seemingly having done the same thing he did to the OTC he went back and added better visual effects.

the first half of the movie is the only interesting part... the rest is just odd.  It goes nowhere, and it explains nothing.

has anyone else seen this movie? 

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
Re: thx 1183
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 05:16:46 AM »
I think you mean THX1138    and yes I have seen it,   it is odd to say the least but it was good in the theory of government controlling our lives, I do believe that was made back in 1971 or there abouts.   I was was basically a full length movie based on his film school version. That said I think the era of the "social experiment" which that was meant to capture is lost on many folks today. It is one of those films that had it's time, but now it's gone. I wouldn't tell people to rush out to see it and I don;t think I would ever watch it again either.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 05:18:37 AM by Reconsgt »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 06:07:49 AM »
Yep, I seen it a few times and seem to remember it being shown in a sci fi theater presentation on a network channel that the brother and I used to watch. I have never seen the delux version but thought that the production and effects were fairly advanced for the day.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 11:25:13 PM »
there was a recent movie that seemed to follow this same exact plot only actually explained everything that I realy enjoyed... it was about a bunch of people who turned out to be clones grown as "insurance policies" for rich and famous people in the real world...  the entire first half of the movie was basically thx-1138 (thanks for the clarification, my bad!)

Offline TheCloneCommander

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 12:07:27 AM »
i think the thew movie you are talking about Devin is called "The Island" with young obi wan/Ewan Mcgregor

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2010, 07:16:55 AM »
I actually thought the Island reminded me more of Logan's Run. Ever see that one?