Author Topic: Hemble's Dio's - Han Solo in Stormtrooper Disguise WIP 6" P63 07/07/15  (Read 172114 times)

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
I love this one. I really dig doing the creatures. this is gonna be great, I can't wait until it's done.

Fine Fine work!

Offline krztfr

• Colonel
Looks awesome Ron but is that a 6" Hoth pilot Luke in the background next to Jedi Luke?

Would love to see your version of the emergency hoth shelter Han and Luke stayed the night in. (I don't mean the Taun Taun)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 02:54:25 PM by krztfr »

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
Nice work.  You sculpted the hide details?  Ron you're a true artist.

Jeff

Looks awesome Ron but is that a 6" Hoth pilot Luke in the background next to Jedi Luke?
I was curious about that too.

Would love to see your version of the emergency hoth shelter Han and Luke stayed the night in. (I don't mean the Taun Taun)
I'd actually like to see both.    

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Ron, that is just awesome. I really like it. Wow, I can't imagine how long all the sculpt work for those scales and spikes took. Off to share.

As always thanks heaps Shawn and the spikes where just cut off the back where the trooper is and just glued inplace along the neck line. The scales and skin all up took about 1.5 hours.

I love this one. I really dig doing the creatures. this is gonna be great, I can't wait until it's done.

Fine Fine work!

Thanks mate.

Glad you like it so far and thanks. It is a 6" Hoth pilot Luke and a Jedi Luke in the back ground. I know the shelter you are talking about and it would be great to make a 6" version of it.

Nice work.  You sculpted the hide details?  Ron you're a true artist.

Jeff

I was curious about that too.

I'd actually like to see both.   

Cheers heaps mate and the hide has been all sculpted.

Ron

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
might I make a suggestion?

I love what you do Ron, you're one of the best...

but I don't like the lengthened neck of the dino.  It looks way too front heavy.  It doesn't look natural anymore and it makes me wonder how it balances that thing...  my suggestion is to thicken or lengthen the tail as well...

but that's just my 2 cents. 

I love the idea behind it, and I think that trooper looks amazing riding atop it!  You did an amazing job filling in the gap and making it look seamless.  Your sculpt work is phenomenal as always...   It's just that lopsided look that throws me for a loop.

(It might just be the paleontologist in me that has studied way too many dinosaurs and their anatomy that's causing the problem! lol)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
might I make a suggestion?

I love what you do Ron, you're one of the best...

but I don't like the lengthened neck of the dino.  It looks way too front heavy.  It doesn't look natural anymore and it makes me wonder how it balances that thing...  my suggestion is to thicken or lengthen the tail as well...

but that's just my 2 cents. 

I love the idea behind it, and I think that trooper looks amazing riding atop it!  You did an amazing job filling in the gap and making it look seamless.  Your sculpt work is phenomenal as always...   It's just that lopsided look that throws me for a loop.

(It might just be the paleontologist in me that has studied way too many dinosaurs and their anatomy that's causing the problem! lol)

Hey mate thanks heaps for the suggestion and glad you like it and I think you are right about the tail. Looking at it I just need to add about 2 inches in length from the back of the tail so it matches up with the thicker part of the tail.

Ron

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
I think that'll do it.  I can't wait to see it finished. 

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Hi All,

After reading spudafett's suggestion (thanks buddy) I have added AVES to the tail and used a toothpick to do the scales which are a bit hard to see.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Looks good to me.

Offline customjedi

• Commander
    • Customjedi on Facebook
The skin texturing looks really nice.
I dabble in the Star Wars Universe of Toys... I rip apart little plastic people and turn them into other plastic people. Sometimes I take pictures of them and post them.

Customjedi on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/customjedi

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
He looks much more balanced now!  Your texturing looks perfect.  I can't wait to see it all painted up.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Hi All,

Tamer, customjedi & spudafett - Thanks heaps guys and I have started on the saddle and reins and will get pics up by tonight.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's Dio's - WIP 6" Imperial trooper on reptile mount P30 25/05/14
« Reply #462 on: June 10, 2014, 03:55:36 AM »
Hi All,

I took these pics about 2 weeks ago and just now have had a chance to post them.

Pic - 13, 14 & 15 - The creature's saddle was added by adding a piece of leather to the back of the creature and then adding a 1/6th Sandtrooper pauldron. The leather straps are pieces of leather cut to size and then glued into place.

Once the saddle had dried I then painted the creature with a leather brown and once that was dry I then gave it a very light wash of dark green.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 03:57:47 AM by hemble »

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's Dio's - WIP 6" Imperial trooper on reptile mount P30 25/05/14
« Reply #463 on: June 10, 2014, 04:19:05 AM »
Pic - 16, 17, 18 & 19 - The creature was then given numerous dry brushes of GW Skrag Brown for the base colour and once I was happy with the base coat the upper body was then dry brushed with GW Skakebite Leather and then it was toned down by a 50/50 mix of GW Snakebite Leather and Vallejo Flat White.

The under belly was given a drybrush of Vallejo Flat White then a wash of Vallejo Beige Brown, I then started dry brushing the under belly with a 60/40 mix of Vallejo Beige Brown and Flat white till I got the desired look.

The reins and nose ring were done by using different size O-rings and leather. For the bags underneath the rolls are from a Call of duty figure and the bags/cases at the front are from the 6" Boba Fett and 1/35 scale parts. The rolls were done using some cloth I picked at the craft store and then rolling them to different sizes and gluing them together.

They were then tied together using craft string and then painted Vallejo's Leather Brown and then dry brushed different shades of Vallejo Khaki. The Saddle and leather straps were painted again with Leather Brown then dry brushed different shades of GW Sankebite Leather, Skrag Brown and Vallejo Saddle Brown and Red Leather.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 04:22:03 AM by hemble »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Hemble's Dio's - WIP 6" Imperial trooper on reptile mount P31 10/06/14
« Reply #464 on: June 10, 2014, 11:44:11 AM »
Ron, this is off the charts fantastic. Really cool bud. Off to share in all the regular places. Man, I sure wish Hasbro would do something like this.