Author Topic: Materials for Dioramas: Finding crates, parts and miscellaneous stuff...  (Read 52362 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: Materials for Dioramas: Finding crates, parts and miscellaneous stuff...
« Reply #105 on: August 06, 2020, 02:55:19 AM »
Hey, JD those are very useful tubes to combine! I'm sure they'll look amazing once painted!

I also added to the list of contents on Page 1 including the hyperlink to the post when you click on Reply #....

Please, let me know if you got any suggestions to improve this topic and thank you all for adding your ideas!

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #106 on: August 13, 2020, 03:48:12 PM »
I know I'm late to the party, but I learned about these just yesterday:

Those Xcavations Creature Sets by Uncle Milton make great parts for dioramas I think! There are two waves so far, they come in to-scale crates and these skulls would look great on some 1/12 diorama scenes, too! Heck, I'd even use the sand for dioramas! Perfect win if you ask me! And they're only $1.75 each?!

Walmart still has them liited online: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Star-Wars-Science-Xcavations-Creature-Crates/943433117

A video of them appeared in my sugstions yesterday night: This one is from the collectors hutt

[/size]

Also make sure to check out what forum member ghostskull18 made with these parts:

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=10305.msg207769#msg207769   
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 03:51:06 PM by Darth More »

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #107 on: August 13, 2020, 04:32:47 PM »
I know I'm late to the party, but I learned about these just yesterday:

Those Xcavations Creature Sets by Uncle Milton make great parts for dioramas I think! There are two waves so far, they come in to-scale crates and these skulls would look great on some 1/12 diorama scenes, too! Heck, I'd even use the sand for dioramas! Perfect win if you ask me! And they're only $1.75 each?!

Walmart still has them liited online: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Star-Wars-Science-Xcavations-Creature-Crates/943433117

A video of them appeared in my sugstions yesterday night: This one is from the collectors hutt

[/size]

Also make sure to check out what forum member ghostskull18 made with these parts:

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=10305.msg207769#msg207769   

There is a second series of these?

What skulls are in Series 2?
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #108 on: August 14, 2020, 04:59:20 AM »
pretty cool. Man, these would work great in a beasty dio. Or a trophy wall. Nice and thanks for sharing.

Off to the front pages.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #109 on: August 14, 2020, 05:51:36 AM »
From what I understand, they were supposed to release a full Rancor skeleton and full Tauntaun along with a new wave of skulls. I don't know what happened, that was two years ago. That rancor and tauntaun looked to be close to 1:18 too. Damn shame, I could have done some cool stuff with those.

The Hutt skull is the only one that could pass for 1/18, maybe? I'll have to get one.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #110 on: August 18, 2020, 12:21:54 PM »
  I got a couple of packs of DIY Straws. They're straws that come with connectors, like elbow, T, and straight. The advertisement shows "U" pipes, but they are not included. They are smaller in diameter than the pipe blocks. Since they utilize straws, the connectors are all female, which is great. Painted up they would make great conduit for 1/18 or 6".
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L2RXMCF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_6OcpFbPC26DH6
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 06:38:27 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #111 on: August 19, 2020, 06:41:27 AM »
Now these look awesome.

Off to share it to the front pages.

I really appreciate when you folks share the great resources you find so other folks can use them.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #112 on: August 19, 2020, 07:59:09 AM »
The Spectre: Yes, there was suposed to be a Series 2 for those crates, but I couldn't find any pictures or other further evidence for it. When you look for those on YouTube "Series 2" is right at the suggestions, but one will only find reviews of Series 1. I'll update you as soon as I know more. I wanted to contact Uncle Milton anyway to ask them if these crates were available in Europe. I could so use everything of them.

Tamer: And I thought I was the last one to learn about those Xcavation Crates! lol
I'm glad some people could find this helpful. I think I never saw those here in Germany, though. I still hope you can find them out in the American wild for under 2 bucks each.

JDeck: Yes, I saw pictures of the Rancor and Tauntaun skeletons onine. Did anyone see them somewhere? I even can't find them on ebay...

Those straws are brilliant! I'd suppose they're also cheaper than the tubes. I'm curious what you'll make with them!

Thanks for commenting everyone!

- Philipp

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #113 on: August 19, 2020, 08:12:18 AM »
I had this bag in my mail box today as a result of what JDeck shared 3 weeks ago:

I got 20 of these Aquarium filter boxes on Amazon Germany.

You can buy yours here: https://www.amazon.com/uxcell-Plastic-Aquarium-Undergravel-Filter/dp/B071GDTGQN/ref=sr_1_12?crid=2NSUPODLAR0A4&dchild=1&keywords=fish+tank+undergravel+filter&qid=1597849623&sprefix=fish+tank+under%2Caps%2C239&sr=8-12
[/url]

I already got a ton of ideas for what to make with these supercool parts...here're just some: Special thanks to JDeck for sharing them!

-Philipp
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 05:54:56 AM by Tamer »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #114 on: August 19, 2020, 12:14:36 PM »
  I went ahead and bought a case of the Xcavations series one. Basically just for the crates lol. That's what I do. If you scratch build and "junk build" dioramas you become a hoarder. I picked up a used container off the street because I thought it had a cool shape. But anyway these crates will look cool painted. They have a Rogue One Kyber crate look to them. Paint them orange and add some Tarkin initiative decals on it, it would look cool.

I don't think wave two/ rancor kits ever released. It was featured in 2018 toy fair, and never seen again.  They're marketed as educational, but these animals never existed, plus I think TRU going oob sealed their fate. Bummer.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 12:34:48 PM by JDeck »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #115 on: August 20, 2020, 07:54:41 PM »
I got my "grates" last Friday:) Great tip JDeck, thanks.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #116 on: August 21, 2020, 02:32:25 AM »
Here's my message to the customer service of Uncle Milton:

Dear Sir or Madam,

I'm a fan of your products and member of the American fan forum Imperialshipyards.
Recently, other members of the forum and I were wondering about some of your Star Wars products and I got 3 questions for you:

1) Are/Were the Star Wars Science Xcavations Creature Crates Series 1 also available in Germany and other European countries?

2) Is a Series 2 of these Creature Crates still coming?

3) What happened to the two Skeleton Dig sets of the Rancor and the Tauntaun you presented on ToyFair NY in 2018?

Thank you very much for your support & have a great day!

Best regards from Germany

- Philipp

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #117 on: August 21, 2020, 12:26:12 PM »
Awesome! Keep us posted. I'm really interested what they have to say, or what their excuse is for cancelling.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #118 on: August 22, 2020, 06:24:20 AM »
I just resent the message without the images included in case their firewall blocks .img content. After sending the online form, there's the notification that it takes about 1 week for them to reply. Let's see...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #119 on: August 22, 2020, 08:11:17 AM »
Well that will be cool if they respond. I hope they do.