Author Topic: Jedi Minstrel Customs (Last Update 6/25/11)  (Read 58939 times)

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
Looking good mate and the dazzle camo is great.

Ron

Thanks Ron.  I had a few ideas going in but I like how these came out.  I may try again with another set, whether Commandos or regular Troopers.

Offline DanOfTheDead

• Lieutenant
Are these repainted Deltas, or did you start with the comic pack commando? Either way, they look clean and crisp! Very well done!

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
Are these repainted Deltas, or did you start with the comic pack commando? Either way, they look clean and crisp! Very well done!

Comic pack.  I wish they would issue these out individually or some other kind of set up.  Just a simple Republic Commando pack.  Imagine a Republic Commando squad that came with a ship or some kind of speeder. 

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
Love that clone-turned-farmer concept; is this the same character from the CW episode "The Deserter"?

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
Love that clone-turned-farmer concept; is this the same character from the CW episode "The Deserter"?

I hate to say that I never watch the CW series.  I may in the summer.  I'm actually going to repaint him or Laseema as I forgot that she has the same color scheme.  I might just add stripe or something to his shirt.  What do you think, red and mustard color stripes?

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
I like the Yayax Squad. Well done.

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
Re: Jedi Minstrel Customs (RC novels: Yayax Squad and Comm. Levet 5/23/11)
« Reply #726 on: June 05, 2011, 01:27:44 AM »
Commander Levet looks really cool in his farmer outfit
well done

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #727 on: June 05, 2011, 06:46:46 PM »
Dansoor Lei Nuumren was a Duros mercenary/bounty hunter during the Galactic Civil War.  He took most jobs.  The only ones he didn't take were Imperial/Rebel political jobs.  He felt that it would look as if he was taking sides which could make him a target.  Unknown to many he actually was a spy for the Rebellion.  He did it for his father who was killed by the Empire in attempting to quell a political rally against the Empire.  His father just happened to be in the area getting a meal from a food cart.  Dansoor was visiting his father after his first year at the university.  He was making fun of his father's "diet" when a laser went through him.  

Offline botwt

• Brigadier
    • Botwt's Star Wars Figure Collection
« Reply #728 on: June 05, 2011, 06:52:39 PM »
I like him alot!!  :D

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
Re: Jedi Minstrel Customs (Civil War Tribute 6/4/11)
« Reply #729 on: June 05, 2011, 07:14:57 PM »
Here're a couple of figures that may be a little reminiscent of the American Civil War.  

Getty V broke into their own civil war at the beginning of the Galactic Civil War.  Both sides were debating which side to take in the war.  This incited riots which turned into armed combat.  Before the war could escalate any further, the Empire in it's great wisdom, attacks an outpost to weaken the opposition.  They unknowingly attacked the wrong side, the Pro-Imperials.  The Freedom's Run, those in support of the Rebellion, heard about the death and destruction and sent aid with almost no opposition.  Both sides came to terms as they decided to openly defy the Empire.

Eesamu began fighting for the Pro-Imperials.  Although he was from the Kyuzo colony on Getty V, he was thankful for the Empire.  They aided his family and friends in establishing this colony at the end of the Clone Wars.  His family was at the outpost while he was training with the local military unit.

Trav Dorex was an assistant manager at his family's manufacturing firm when he decided to join the local military unit.  Because of his college degree and work experience, he moved through the ranks quickly.  At the onset of the Getty War, he deserted to join his family knowing they had Rebel leanings.  He was given the rank of major and was one of the officers that convinced their commanding officer to aid the Pro-Imperials.

Eesamu served under Dorex with the Imperials and was happy to be under Dorex's command again.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 09:24:28 PM by Jedi Minstrel »

Offline SITHHAPPENS

• I LOVE IT WHEN A CUSTOM COMES TOGETHER!
  • Major
    • sanitariumcustoms.blogspot.com
« Reply #730 on: June 05, 2011, 07:32:33 PM »
awesome figures great mix of parts

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #731 on: June 05, 2011, 08:19:56 PM »
Great work. I like Dansoor Lei Nuumren the Duros mercenary/bounty hunter.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 05:45:08 AM by Mungo Baobab »

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #732 on: June 06, 2011, 05:15:12 AM »
Very cool! I love the color combos on the Duros! You just can't go wrong with that Embo gear on any figure. The next 2 are very remniscant of the Civil war, cool looks on them as well.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #733 on: June 06, 2011, 05:31:07 AM »
Those Civil War figures are great.  Really like the Duros a lot too!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #734 on: June 06, 2011, 06:42:54 AM »
Hey thats pretty daggone imaginative. On the front page. I love the Confederate Gear!