Author Topic: Special Weapons  (Read 2293 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Special Weapons
« on: July 24, 2011, 07:29:00 AM »
AFE is going to give us some weapons tutorials!

To kick off this new thread I thought I'd share a special message I received over the holonet from the awesome folks at Mitrinomon:

Mitrinomon "We Know Combustion"

From the creators of the Z6 and JT-12 Jetpacks in partnership with the minds of Czerka (creators of the ZX wrist mounted Flame Projector) comes the latest in flame projection technology.

Unveiled at the annual Imperial arms contractor convention and available now for mass production and field-use comes the brand new

Mitrinomon JX-7 Immolator canon!  Offering weaponized flame projection technology like never before.

With a portable fuel pack containing a compressed liquid mixture of tibanna gas and an ignition liquid developed on Mustafar the Immolator offers a continuous blast of high pressure weapons grade flame for up to two hours. Our extended portable fuel tank is equipped with blast resistant housing and a small low power shield generator to help protect users from stray blaster bolts otherwise turning them into walking bombs. Only Czerka and Mitrinomon have your safety in mind! Don't use other unsafe flame projection apparatus!

With our patented valve controls you'll be able to control the distance (from 2 feet up to 7 feet) and the width of your blasts (an arc up to 70 degrees wide continual! 
The Immolator burns clean with temperatures reaching up to 2,000 degrees! Hot enough to melt most light metals!

Retailing at certified Czerka arms dealers near you for only 150 Galactic credits!
We're  also excited to announce that we've negotiated a contract with the Galactic Empire to supply Immolators to a new Imperial unit that will be codenamed Immolator Troopers--an upgraded version of the standard Imperial Incinerator Trooper.

See stills from our  Immolator demonstration at the annual Imperial arms convention here:

DSC_1848

DSC_1850

DSC_1853

DSC_1856

DSC_1857

The Immolator can also be fired from a defensive position:

DSC_1858

DSC_1862

DSC_1863

Thanks for choosing Mitrinomon -- For Everything hot, Mitrinomon

Thanks guys! I was sitting on the couch at home pondering a Star Wars flame thrower. It's a really simple build.

Custom Immolator Flame Projector Tutorial:

Custom bits you need:

ROTS AT-RT Driver gun (the weird one with the strap that pops onto a little peg on the gun)
2 Endor Rebel explosive charges (from the 2005 ROTJ Accessory set)
A Jawa droid caller/oil can
1 Rebel pilot life support hose,
1 Clone wars flame trooper flame effect
1 grip from an E-11 Stormtrooper blaster rifle

Tools:
a matte knife
Gorilla Super Glue (200000000000 times better than Crazy Glue by Elmer's)
some nails and screws
surface for cutting/gluing

1. Use the nails and screws to make a hole in the front of the AT-RT gun.
2. Cut the flame effect down to remove the spindle that would otherwise plug into the CW figure's gun (cut it right where the spindle ends and the actual flames begin. Doing so will help prevent your flame projection from drooping and looking like it's spilling out of the gun, as opposed to the blasting fire you want)
3. glue the flame effect into the gun
4. Glue the 2 ROTJ explosive charges together to form a cylindrical shape
5. Cut the horizontal peg off of the Jawa oil can. (the one on the side to make the oil can fit flush onto the charges.
6.  Glue the Jawa oil can onto the charges with the vertical peg (the one on the top) pointing upwards
7. cut the strap off of the gun and unhook it from the peg
8. glue the strap to the charges in a desired position so your figures can wear the newly formed fuel container and the ammo and clasp details on the strap show on the figure's shoulder in the appropriate places to look realistic.
9. cut the peg ends off of the Rebel Pilot life support hose so that you have 2 flush ends.
10. Glue the hose to the charges near the oil can
11. glue the opposite end of the hose to the back of the gun, near the base of the stock where the stock begins to curve downward.

You can hook the strap to the oil can for a normal human sized figure to wear the fuel container over their shoulder, or pop the strap onto the peg on the gun for a larger figure (gamorrean guard, or other large figure) or when being fired from a defensive position in order to hide the fuel tank from enemy fire (i.e. when in a trench or fox hole)

The glue may leave some white residue when dry where it was applied especially on dark colored surfaces. Some paint, or even a sharpie marker will work to take this out. Remember to let your piece fully dry before handling. You may want to prop your flame effect up while glue is drying, as to have it dry in a straighter position, as the flame effect does weigh a bit and tends to droop otherwise. This could also be avoided by cutting it closer up on the actual flame effect. However that will make your projection distance shorter. The flame trooper's effect is one of the best looking ones for this project as it has that realistic jet of fire look and the flames are burning upwards. Feel free to use other effects too. Like Boba Fett's flame effect (from the McQuarrie prototype set) or from the BAD droid with flame effects.

Hope your builds go well!

Stay tuned for more custom weapons!

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• TK-9849 of Garrison Excelsior
  • Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
Re: Special Weapons
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 05:13:18 PM »
Coming up:

Imperial Breech loaded pump-action shotgun!

The Honey-cutter--A multi-barreled gattling rifle that's a favorite of enforcers and mercenaries of the underworld!

A Blastech E-13 Special forces precision rifle!

Stay tuned!

"The Empire has a legion of loyal soldiers that are in endless supply."
"Only Imperial stormtroopers are so precise."
"For the Empire!"
http://actionfigureempire.blogspot.com/

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 09:49:44 PM »
I second the Gorilla Super Glue!

AFE, never fear, I have a thought or two on custom weaponry to try out.  I also need to get Ad'galar to break out some of the weapons he's put together for his customs.  He's got some slick pieces.

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• TK-9849 of Garrison Excelsior
  • Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 10:25:03 PM »
Having worked a ton with Elmer's Crazy Glue (on alllllll sorts of thngs) and swearing by it, I was thrilled to find the incredible powers of Gorilla Super Glue. It literally bonds the vinyl-like plastic favored by hasbro in seconds and has very strong bonds. Anyway enough plugging the glue.

I created the shotguns (made 2) with an easy to do recipe and whipped up a rough version of the Honey-Cutter and E-13.

What to build next?

"The Empire has a legion of loyal soldiers that are in endless supply."
"Only Imperial stormtroopers are so precise."
"For the Empire!"
http://actionfigureempire.blogspot.com/