Author Topic: Photobox Photography  (Read 787 times)

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Photobox Photography
« on: March 18, 2010, 05:24:03 PM »
I just got my new photobox.  It's pretty sharp: comes with top, two sides, a backdrop that can be blue or grey, a tripod, and 2 spotlights.  The whole thing comes attached to a carry case, so all you have to do is fold it all up, slide the lights and tripod into the attached pouches, and it's ready to travel!  Anyway, here is a pic of the set up:

Now, I've been wondering how the difference in pictures would look.  So, here is a side by side comparison of 2 different custom figures:

Now, I have my thoughts, but what are yours?  I still need to play with the lighting some, but overall, is there a noticeable improvement, or did I waste $40?

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
Re: Photobox Photography
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 03:55:07 PM »
Pat that's wicked cool I want one of those eventually as well, it will make it a lot easier taking pictures of my customs.

Just looking at the two figures - The clone trooper and the clone trooper, I thought the last one was a different figure, the first one looks really impress and clear and professional, the other one looks dull and drab in comparison.

As for the other figure with the light box it makes the light purple stand out and the gold also stand out, the one without looks dull and drab again.

To sum up you spent wisely.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 03:59:07 PM by Cimter »

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 07:02:30 PM »
Thanks Cimter!  I think I did too, as I agree with your assessment

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 07:15:13 PM »
Looks good Pat, the side panels really difuse the light nicely, I will have to look at one of these, the price was not bad at all.