Author Topic: Restoring Star Wars Action Figures: Neimoidian Commander - Revenge of the Sith  (Read 24162 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: Restoring Star Wars Action Figures: loose lightsabers cheap on ebay!
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2020, 01:08:45 AM »
Starchaser: Yes, Hasbro have missed dozens of opportunities...I wish they paid more attention to character of video games and media like The Clone Wars, again. It seems only the 6 inch line gets that kind of love. But Eric of the brand team told me that they are aware that characters of videogames have become more popular during the last decade (since the end of Comic Packs). Too bad that he only works on The Black Series though...

Do you have any suggestion which body to use for Serra? I'm going to use a TBS Bastila body for Satele, which I got for 8€.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2020, 07:48:19 AM »
Cool deal, I need to go get this on the front pages too.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2020, 12:24:00 AM »
Last week I learned a lot about ebay power seller etoystores with almost 60,000 transactions.

1) I wrote him concerning the bent red lightsabers. And he recommended me trying to straighten them first (which I did with hot water). I'm not complaining. That's a smart recommendation and FREE shipping from China is also not a matter of course. But with 50 cents a piece it would be nice to receive them straight still.

2) Green lightsabers are still out of stock. I so wish I had become aware of these offers earlier. Instead I ordered 60 more of the blue lightsabers for 30 ct/pc. Interesting to note is that etoystores has a supplier. I wonder who this is and will ask him. IF he tells me I'll ket you know. It's always thrilling to learn about the structures of the factories producing our favorite toys...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2020, 02:27:47 AM »
Interesting. I look forward to seeing if they share how they get them.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2020, 07:40:47 AM »
I received my latest set of lightsabers a week ago and re-discovered it today when I brought the trash to the containers and recognized this envelope was still sealed. I almost threw them away! Last week was a little stressful, that's probably why it landed in the bag with some loose plastic stuff.

Interesting to note this time is, that etoystores sent me a little variety of lightsabers:

24x generic lightsaber (e.g. General Grievous)
14x Anakin Skywalker's lightsaber
2x Obi-Wan Kenobi's lightsaber

That's quite odd because I didn't order 3 different designs, only 2x20 generic lightsabers for $4.99 each. Maybe etoystores wanted to do me a favor, but I think he's rather running out of stock.
I still am happy with them. Got a couple Obi-Wan figures, which need to be completed. And I'm sure there are a few Anakins missing one as well.

Also interesting to note is that the set of blue lightsabers, I received recently, is darker than the first one:

« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 07:54:31 AM by Darth More »

Offline Eyositer

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2020, 02:57:16 PM »
Good thing you didn’t throw them out lol.  That’s a lot of lightsabers!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2020, 03:11:00 AM »
Glad you didn't throw the bag away!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2020, 11:24:59 PM »
Thanks for the update! As for the Serra body, I haven't really had the time to work on designing her yet, but I'll let you know when (and if) I ever get to her.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #68 on: November 11, 2020, 03:37:30 AM »
Eyositer: Yes, I'm really glad, too! I throw most of the stuff in the bin seperately. Got a bag for loose plastic packaging and stuff. So fortunately I recognized the unopened plastic envelope with air-bubble foil inside, which I always seperate. I never thought I would have so many extra lightsabers to complete loose action figures! Thanks for your comment!

Tamer: Yeah, would've been 40 lightsabers wasted. Glad I never swith off my brain, which doesn't mean I never make mistakes.  ;D

Starchaser: Thanks for checking by! I keep my fingers crossed that you'll find time to make her reality! I might've found a body (TAC Bultar Swan), only need a head now.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #69 on: November 11, 2020, 07:28:15 AM »
My wife almost threw away her engagement ring as I kind of hid it in another birthday present I got her. I had to really work hard to get her to go back to the trash and look through the gift bag one more time. Kinda ruined the moment, but she did say yes.

And we are still married 22 years later. Still its a good lesson to look through the whole parcel before you trash it!

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2020, 01:25:12 AM »
I'm glad you didn't throw them away. That would have been an expensive mistake.
The casting quality of the blue sabres looks very good.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2021, 03:17:49 AM »
Tamer: Wow, that's a really poignant story. Sorry for my late reaction. Don't know if I will ever buy a ring. But I think you did well hiding your ring for her and your wife did well saying yes. Sometimes you find gold in places you least expect it. Congratulations to your long lasting bound & best wishes for every day coming.

FialaFernbrugg: Thanks for your comment! Yeah, it would've been 5 bucks straight to the trash plus all the fuel wasted to get it from HongKong to Germany. The seller was nice enough to send me an extra 20 blue ones for a set that I believed to have gotten lost after 7 weeks. So none of them were thrown away by me, yet. Reminds me of these cocktail sticks and straws that are thrown away by the billions each year. More to come soon.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2021, 02:13:38 AM »
What used to be sold as "prototype" is a complete product now!

Various different accounts (probably run by the same people) sell incredible amounts of lightsabers for your 3.75" action figures on ebay now!
This time around the hilts are finally painted! And the colors of the blades look great! They're available in 4 different colors: light blue, (slightly) dark(er) blue, light green and red.
They're made of the same mold so all the hilts are the same. But you can still apply some custom paint modifications to make them look different.
You can buy 100 pcs of either one color or an equally mixed bag of all 4 different ones for as low as 40 cents each!
Sets of 5, 8, 10, 16, 32 and 64 lightsabers can also be selected, but I share the cheapest offer for you, which is the set of 100 lightsabers. And don't worry, I don't get a penny to promote this, but this is a hot source for your custom fodder and extra accessories! So get some while supplies last!

Here's the link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Lightsaber-Gun-Weapon-for-3-75-Clone-Trooper-Figure-Accessories-Toys/313377224404?var=612255417425

General Grievous - The Mother-Collector of Lightsabers

Grievous certainly likes that offer! My second batch of lightsabers with 25 pieces of each color is on its way for $39.99 and FREE SHIPPING. Both times I entered ebay using our forum's link on the frontpage and I really hope the affiliate stuff worked.

- Philipp
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 03:08:14 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2021, 03:02:15 AM »
Very nice. Time to go get this on the front pages.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2021, 05:31:51 PM »
Thanks for the heads up!