Imperial Archive > Episode I

Thoughts on the EP1 line

<< < (2/3) > >>

Clonehead:

--- Quote from: wraithnine on September 20, 2009, 04:07:00 PM ---the R2-B1 still fetches stupid prices (i have mine)thank god!

--- End quote ---
that is the one that came with the naboo ship, is it not?

Darth Aussie:
No it was the last wave with the TC14. very hard to find at the time....i think there was a Red R2 unit in the  Starship?

Anyways this one is it....

http://www.rebelscum.com/episodeIr2b1.asp

wraithnine:
the red unit was R2-R9 and i have both   he was also reissued in the Ep1 collectors tin but was done in the saga R2 sculpt(with the awful turn the head-pop up sensor scope)

(SID):
20 YEARS LATER!!!!

a saw EP1 4:30 AM the night it came out... Then went straight to school. I feel in love with SW threw the vintage toys and EP1 carried that torch well. Overall it was a REALLY great line of toys. They screwed up and made everything (beyond action figures) with lots of strange choices (tiger naboo fighter, kaybee exclusives etc. Etc.). But they really did hit and represent all the areas in the movie. Soo much that the POTJ line only had to fill in the holes (that line is another story lol). Rant aside I miss the EP1 line it was perfect for times and left us many fine toys that Hasbro wouldn't even joke about making now.

Just compare the lame opee seakiller pack to the current rathtar one. Its scary how much better designed and well made it is! Even the qui-gon seems like a premium figure against that bland  bala-tik!

Tamer:
Yeah the midnight madness with episode I has a lot of memories for folks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version