Author Topic: Incom I-22 Shrike (small Star Wars fighter)  (Read 25735 times)

Offline Road Warrior

• IMPERIAL
  • Lieutenant
Re: Incom I-22 Shrike (small Star Wars fighter)
« Reply #90 on: March 21, 2011, 01:16:46 PM »
DocOutlands- Thank you. I wouldnt mind one myself. :) I think a good Imp tank would make a great toy/playset.

Tamer- That's it exactly! I started an AT-AT awhile back- but it was only low-poly and for a game. Thanks by the way- and the front page..its an honor.

Hangarbay94- Thanks Jules. My way of designing goes like this; block out the basics and refine, refine, refine....you get the picture. Sometimes I will take a render and just "see" what needs to be fixed or altered- that usualy works the best for me.

CloneSniper78-Thank you. I do think that the Clone tank is a great design, though I don't think the Empire would be using something that "old" later on. I see  many "pure" Imperial tanks came on the scene later. Quite a few in canon- though some are....blah.

DocOutlands- Unfortunantly no. Or rather, not at this time is a more acurate answer. However... I love the STUG 3 and have a Imp version already drawn up- though it draws heavily on the T-28 super-heavy tank concept. Saw one of those in person and well.....it's ******! If that says anything. Don't know when I can get around to it though- heck i got about 70 projects at one stage of completion or another. Thanks for the idea though- you never know. :)

Phatty- Thank you. Not done with them yet. (forgot to add the glass covers)

Beige-4- Thanks. I'm glad you like it.

FialaFernbrugg- Thank you, you are too kind.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 01:19:32 PM by Road Warrior »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #91 on: March 21, 2011, 01:21:54 PM »
ha, how on earth could I have missed this, this hovertank is a mind-blowing great design  :o :o
lets see it in one of your stunning images with added weathering, must be slick :)

Offline Road Warrior

• IMPERIAL
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #92 on: March 21, 2011, 01:41:06 PM »
Thank you Art deWill. :)

Unfortunantly The program I use to render images lacks in the texturing category. All I can hope for is selections of preset materials. I'm not all that knowledgable in the "texturing" aspects anyways..:(

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #93 on: March 21, 2011, 01:53:11 PM »
Unfortunantly The program I use to render images lacks in the texturing category. All I can hope for is selections of preset materials. I'm not all that knowledgable in the "texturing" aspects anyways..:(

ah, I understand, well I am not into the 3D world much, just sneaked into true space, poser and bryce a bit, but ages ago... but maybe some presets will do or you have to rework the resulting render manually.

Offline Road Warrior

• IMPERIAL
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #94 on: April 10, 2011, 09:35:56 AM »
Seeing as ViperAviator is creating such a kick a$$ unit patch for the Shrike reminded me that I have'nt posted here in awhile. This is because I got a new job but this job has ...rather odd hours so I havent realy had any free time- just work,sleep,repeat...

But, I havent forgotten this thread and I certainly will get the Shrike and tank finished as soon as possible. Sorry for any crappy spelling- I'm on lunch so I got to be real quick.:)

Offline Road Warrior

• IMPERIAL
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #95 on: February 02, 2014, 11:59:24 AM »
Something new. Based upon the troop transport from the Force Unleashed but with more authentic "Imperial" styling and feel. Thoughts. Btw, these images are uploaded via imageshack. I emailed Tamer to see if he could upload these for me,..but I think the message might have been lost in route.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 05:25:56 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #96 on: February 02, 2014, 03:20:47 PM »
Well I just got on here to load these up and see you beat me too it! It looks fantastic.

Offline Road Warrior

• IMPERIAL
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #97 on: February 02, 2014, 03:25:20 PM »
Thank you sir. I was afraid that your email was no longer in use- can't remember how long ago it was when I sent you pics. As it has been awhile.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #98 on: February 03, 2014, 05:28:30 AM »
Thank you sir. I was afraid that your email was no longer in use- can't remember how long ago it was when I sent you pics. As it has been awhile.

I want to say I got your email on Friday, but it was one busy weekend. Time to take this to the front page. I did get your images switched out via photobucket. Image shack has given us some bad juju here in the form of viruses and malware.

This is giving me a great idea too. PM incoming. I had to share this on our facebook page too.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 05:42:25 AM by Tamer »

Offline Road Warrior

• IMPERIAL
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #99 on: February 03, 2014, 10:40:37 AM »
Look for my pm sometime this evening.

Tamer, is it possible to add direct-links to the images for me? The compression I'm seeing above wipes out a lot of the detail. 

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #100 on: February 03, 2014, 10:57:32 AM »
Tamer, is it possible to add direct-links to the images for me? The compression I'm seeing above wipes out a lot of the detail.  

If you have your image saved directly to any website, facebook, etc. all you need do is surround that hyperlink with the bbc image code and you should be golden.

And our forum software automatically resizes huge images so folks who are dealing with slower internet connections don't have to wait for years for their pages to load. We have went round and round on that trying to get the largest image size possible along with forum page load times. This has been the best compromise so far.

We also have an image gallery system that is way underused that doesn't limit size, but I know better than trying to offer that to folks for me to load up their pictures. There is just no way I have time to do what I would like to do on the internet now so there is no way I could commit to loading everyones' images.

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/Galleries
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 10:59:33 AM by Tamer »

Offline CHEWIE

• Commander
« Reply #101 on: February 03, 2014, 05:47:25 PM »
What a wonderful design.  It's a shame this isn't the real deal!  If this were made, I'd probably want two of them.  I love it.

0/

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #102 on: February 03, 2014, 07:07:01 PM »
Welcome back buddy! Love this new design! It is very Gunship meets Tyderium and I love it. Scale wise would it be a bit smaller than the Imperial Dropship we see taking off from Tatooine in ANH? I would be all over an offering like his!

Offline Road Warrior

• IMPERIAL
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #103 on: February 03, 2014, 07:53:46 PM »
Chewie - Hey, thank you! You know I am a big fan of your work.:) And I hope to see more soon.

I wouldn't mind having a couple of them either. I just like to make stuff that "should" have been made by now,.. if you know what I mean. Stuff that you have always assumed to be either flitting or zipping around in the background.

Luke- Sprywalker -  Thanks man!

Yep, that's sort of what I was going for. More of a "Blackhawk" in scale as compared to the much bigger sentinel dropship/transport. This thing would have a crew of two and carry a squad or a half squad and two bikes.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #104 on: February 04, 2014, 03:36:54 AM »
I could easily see this having some type of repulsor grapple to be able to move small mobile artillery or perhaps even an at-st with this.