Author Topic: Incom I-22 Shrike (small Star Wars fighter)  (Read 25599 times)

Offline BlackThorne

• Colonel
  • Jamming!
    • Forja das Estrelas
Re: Incom I-22 Shrike (small Star Wars fighter)
« Reply #105 on: February 04, 2014, 02:44:29 PM »
:o

Those images are really impressive. I can easily imagine myself playing Rogue Squadron with some of these ships in the screen!

Offline Road Warrior

• IMPERIAL
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #106 on: February 04, 2014, 04:06:51 PM »
Shawn -  Yep, a  grapple is a great idea! Not sure if she would lift an at-st though. An assault speeder slung underneath which sported at-st caliber weapons THAT she can do.

BlackThorne - Thanks. And yes I agree!:)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 04:09:22 PM by Road Warrior »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline rex smoke

• A Droid's Worst Nightmare
  • Commander
« Reply #107 on: February 04, 2014, 05:42:13 PM »
Love it! I always thought it'd be cool to see one of the TFU gunships in action figure form. Can't wait to see where you take it.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #108 on: February 06, 2014, 06:54:48 PM »

Somebody catch me, because I am FALLING!!!  FALLING IN LOVE!!!  This is an AWESOME concept for a vehicle!  Can you tell me what pieces you raided from which vehicles to put this beautiful lady together?  It would be a truly monumental task to bring one to life... but a task well work undertaking...

Offline Road Warrior

• IMPERIAL
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #109 on: February 07, 2014, 01:15:48 PM »
Rex Smoke - Thanks! Work will be slow, as I have several different things going on at once, but the end result will be pretty cool. As I have said earlier, there are parts that I haven't even begun to work on yet.

DocOutlands -  Thanks! I am so glad you like it. Well, I will tell you this: all I really did was Imperialise the Force Unleashed troopship. I put the engines up on top as that would be logical and practical to allow for a completely open troop compartment, I made them semi-air breathers ala x-wing type engines. So my idea was a joint venture between Sienar Fleet Systems and the folks at Incom. SFS went with their proven shuttle line as a basis with the sleek wedge cockpit and folding wings arrangement. The one thing that Sienar wanted and got was ball turrets opted for ground use. This feature was an improvement over the fixed emplacements on the Lambda Class and even harkened back to the days of the republic gunships. Now that's just in-universe speak.

Didn't really use any existing parts/pieces but I think if a man wanted to build a practical version of this thing you could break a lambda class down into subassemblies of cockpit, wings, and engine section. The cockpit could be narrowed width-ways for example. Same goes for the drive-section. If done "right" you could even maintain the folding mechanic of the wings that would of course have to be modified as well. If you squint you can make out the main hold section of a lambda class in the main fuselage(albeit without the guns/engine fairing in the traditional loacation) The area would possibly have to be scrathbuilt.

I therefor challenge folks to build this!:)

Typed that all out rather fast so bare with any incoherentness and spelling nonsense.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #110 on: February 10, 2014, 07:58:59 PM »
Love it, man!!  Just stunning.  Someday, maybe my vehicle skills will be advanced enough to take a credible go at her!

Offline DarthDrew

• Lieutenant
« Reply #111 on: February 11, 2014, 08:40:12 PM »
Wow, now that is pretty sweet! It has so much going on that I like, amazing work.

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #112 on: March 19, 2014, 02:24:58 PM »
Your work just blows me away.

I think I'm looking at the rebel fighter first...I love the design, to me it's a cross between the Buck Rogers fighter from the 70's TV show and the Jedi fighter.

The Imperial Drop-ship is another stunning design, quite an original mix of styles that blend really well.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 02:27:59 PM by hangarbay94 »

Offline Road Warrior

• IMPERIAL
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #113 on: March 27, 2014, 11:37:14 AM »

DocOutlands - Thank you. I'm glad you like it. One day I expect to see a model of this from you!!:)

DarthDrew - Thank you very much!

Hangarbay94 - Thanks my friend. And you KNOW I'm a big fan of your work. You got mad skillz as the kids say.:)