Author Topic: if you - or anyone you know - are into SW minis battles...  (Read 950 times)

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
if you - or anyone you know - are into SW minis battles...
« on: July 23, 2011, 10:32:13 PM »
...then you need this link:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mapmaker/mass-transit-iii-maps-and-surveillance-station-til

Chris West, major map-maker name for WotC's D20 Star Wars RPG and minis game, has a new project he's put up on kickstarter.com (it funded in two days).  I'm sure you know his work, even if you don't know his name - he's had work in SW Insider, Dungeon, etc.  He's got an online store at Maps Of Mastery where he sells very SW-looking maps and battle-tiles.  One of his projects has sold out (Mass Transit I), two new ones are up on kickstarter (Mass Transit III & Surveillance Station Tiles), and at least one new one is in the system (a *space station*!  FOUR poster-sized maps!  at least, that's the rumor...).  So if you know anybody who gets as geeked about sci-fi battle maps as I do, point them at Chris's newest project.  I just wish they were action-figure sized...  :D

Heck, even if you DON'T play minis-battles, but love the LOOK of SW-style art, you need to hit kickstarter and back the current project.  See, when the project funded within 48 hours, Chris decided to up the ante.  If the funding can double the original mark, he'll be able to get Mass Transit I reprinted!

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
Re: if you - or anyone you know - are into SW minis battles...
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 10:13:36 AM »
$3,989
PLEDGED OF ($5,000) GOAL
DAYS TO GO

Only $1,011 to go!

See, I didn't get Mass Transit I before it sold out, so I have a ... special interest in seeing this thing hit the $5k mark.  Then I could get the map I'm missing...