Imperial Creative Engineering > Custom Vehicles

My First Custom Painted vehicals

(1/12) > >>

finn:
Hello to everyone this is my first post of my first custom paint job of a Star Wars ship. I had gotten my hands on a Vintage B-Wing that had a tad bit of a yellowing issue so I decided to try my hand at painting the whole ship.
The first step was to take the whole thing apart and cleaned it all up and made sure the electronics worked. I painted the cannons flat black and the tips silver and red to give them some detail. The cockpit, battery cover, landing gear, wing tips and base a deep grey. I added some color to the detail parts of the cockpit to make it more interesting and not as bland.
To finish off the B-Wing's body I mixed up a flat off white paint mix and air brushed the whole body of the B-Wing. Once that was dry I thinned out some flat black and did a wet wash to add some weathering to it.
All I need to do now is print up the Vintage decals to finish it off.
Well I hope you like it and please.... be kind lol!

clone10:
That ship is awesome!!! :o

wraithnine:
very very cool

finn:
Here is my 2nd custom painted offering to the Yards. I had the Speeder bike  when it first came out when I was a kid... and as time went on and I grew out of the toys I think I sold it in a yard sale. Lucky me that my lil brother knew that I loved that toy and last year he found a Power of the Force 2 Speeder Bike in an unopened box somewhere and gave it to me for my birthday. I always remembered it being a cool toy and I'll admit that I found it lacking in the details now that I am older. So out came the model paints and the details were filled in to make it more realistic, at least I think so. I didn't want to change too much just enough to make it more intreasting.

finn:
I got a Power of the Force 2 A-Wing and I was going to leave it alone and just enjoy one of my favorite fighters of Jedi. When I got it I was surprised to see that even though it didn't have any electronics that it did still have the battery compartment. The clear plastic pieces on the engine were begging to be backlit so I decided to play around with some LED's and see what I could make happen. After I had all the wiring done and the A-Wing was still in pieces I decided that the landing gear need to be weatherd cause it just looked too plastic and fake, even for a toy. Can someone tell me why they use that ugly blue tinted and super pale grey plastic? Please?
So anyway here is the A-Wing as it sits now. Guns, rear engine panel and landing gear painted and the LED's all wired up and looking nice. Oh and don't mind the rubber band it was the only thing I could think to use keep the button down for the "lasers" to stay on for the photos.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version