Imperial Creative Engineering > Custom Vehicles

Imperial TIE Phantom-like Starfighter 01.26.11

(1/12) > >>

Psyclone:

I initially called this ship a TIE Phantom in the thread title simply because I thought it would be more recognizable to people. I think I made a mistake by doing so even though I mentioned in the subject intro that this was not a replica of the TIE Phantom and V38 Starfighter as seen in Rebel Assault II : The Hidden Empire by LucasArts. I am now calling it "TIE Phantom-like" to avoid any confusion and to be clear that this is not intended to be a replica but merely bears a resemblance to and is a reworking or re-imagining of that design.

Update 01.26.11

Update 1.24.11

Update 1.21.11      

Some rough detailing on the hull.  Most of the panels are attached using scotch tape at this stage until I'm happy with the look, then I glue them and get it all ready to be primed.

Here is another project that I just recently had a chance to do some more work on and get some photos of.  I'll be posting updates in this thread as I do more.

I've taken many more images as I've been building it but don't want to overload this thread too much so if you would like to see more check out my new Facebook page : http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002000375885

CaptainLux:
Woow man this is really awesome!

Tamer:
I haven't seen anything like it. How do you put into words something like this? I can't!

Suffice to say I am going to the front page with this. Daggone the talent I have seen out of you on facebook today is just awe inspiring. You just make what you want to true scale.

Psyclone:
Thanks guys.  The trickiest part is going to be the canopy glass but I have a plan.  I was going to cheap out and make faux side windows when I started but decided to make them real windows so it will be a bit more challenging but I think it will work out better.  Also, I decided to switch out the cockpit and use the snowspeeder type of seating where the pilot and copilot are back to back.  This gave me more room for the figure's legs and heads.  More to come.

Phatty:
That is, absolutely stunning!  Such great work from scratch, it's unbelievable!  Do you have templates for this thing, or was this all free hand?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version