Imperial Entertainment TV and Movies > Non Star Wars Movies and TV

><DarthSinister's>< Must See TV

<< < (2/3) > >>

DarthSinister:
Heads Up All! 

This Tuesday on Turner Classic at 7PM CST is a feature block of Science Fiction! The theme is "The Final Frontier" for the evening and there is an amazing group of films being shown, un-cut and commercial free! (as always)

The night starts out with the incredible...

2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)

At 9:45PM CST

Alien (1979)

At 12AM CST

Destination Moon (1950)

1:30AM CST

Marooned (1969)

3:45AM CST

Queen of Outer Space (1958)

Great stuff! Maybe some of you can catch a couple.

Tamer:
Wow, that is a great line up. I thought I had seen all Sci-Fi movies and see I have not. I am gonna tape a few of these. Thanks for the notice!

DarthSinister:
Has anyone heard of this guy? Svengoolie?

He's an Elvira type, hosting old horror movies on a syndicated program out of the Chicago area. He can be seen on Saturday nights on ME-TV (a network similar to TV LAND). I've been watching off and on for some time now. He shows some really great films that I personally haven't seen since I was a kid.

This month is especially cool because he's showing HAMMER HORROR. Anytime is worth a look at his show but HAMMER HORROR is great stuff! Try to give him a look if you can.

Here is a link to his web page:  http://svengoolie.com/

DarthSinister:
Family time video rentals are something we do on Friday nights in my household. We buy some boxed candy and pop some popcorn and drink soda and collectively sit down as a family and enjoy a movie together.

I have three girls (1yr, 5yrs and 8yrs), so there are a lot of girly movies passing through. Don't let that fool you though! These little girls love Star Wars and Ninja Turtles and so on. I personally don't care for regular TV programing when it comes to my kids. The idiocy, violence and debauchery that is modern television is poisoning the minds of our youth and culture in America so we try to keep it as nice as we can on movie night.  

We use NetFlix and get our family films through the mail. For all of you with little girls here is a thumbs up winner according to my brood that you might like to pass on to yours:

Now don't be fooled this is the 1961 version of this movie not the re-make with that trash-bag Lindsey Lohan. (She is not allowed on my TV!) My girls loved it! Give it a try if your looking for something to watch with your kids.

Tamer:
I hear you DS, even the Disney TV shows show kids being snotty and rude and nasty to their adult caregivers which are more often than not regular mom and dad. We are seriously considering only keeping a few channels or canceling all together.

Right now I have my family hooked on Firefly and Farscape which are both streamable on Netflix.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version